What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

chiefy1

Bench
So how much would you knock back not to have to drive across Sydney for work?

I would knock back about 40%..then again i have ny own business and would charge at least 150% more to drive to Manly, I've done it in the past & its a f**king nightmare both ways.
Gutherson would be better off moving to Kellyville

Avenger

Immortal
We can’t all afford to live in the upmarket Shire, although they have Kellyville in the Hills Shire these days, so some of us are part way there living in Kellyville :rolling_eyes:
Don’t you live a bit more further out where there is more space. Rouse Hill?

If so that is so much better than the Truman show houses in those narrow streets at Kellyville.

Happy MEel

First Grade
You are making out that Manly won’t even get close to our offer. There is next to zero chance that we will sign either of them, doesn’t matter what the difference is.

And it’s irrelevant what I would knock back you f**kwit.
Come on Avy, I’m usually the last person to agree with Pou but I think it has some relevance because if you’re prepared to travel for work for more money then I think it’s fair to assume that others would too. I’d personally travel for another 30-40k.

I think we could potentially offer a $1mil + offer to Jake and I reckon Manly might struggle to get close considering who they already have on their books for 2021.

Of course we’re also competing with every other club for his signature.

84 Baby

Referee

If so that is so much better than the Truman show houses in those narrow streets at Kellyville.
There are different areas in Kellyville (I suspect you’re thinking of the ‘newer’ areas, or Stanhope) but even in best areas, no way someone of Guthos paycheck lives in Kellyville. Far better properties in Bella Vista, Glenhaven or Kenthurst which would shit on half of Northern Beaches

Delboy

First Grade

Live in the Highlands Estate which is basically 700 sq metre blocks and on the creek. It’s a reasonably desirable area, although I don’t live in a McMansion, just a single level AV Jennings.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You are making out that Manly won’t even get close to our offer. There is next to zero chance that we will sign either of them, doesn’t matter what the difference is.

And it’s irrelevant what I would knock back you f**kwit.
I'm saying Manly will struggle to get close to all offers for both of them.

This is about Manly retaining their players, not one rival club's offer for one of them. If you could see the big picture you wouldn't be such a peasant you pissant.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There are different areas in Kellyville (I suspect you’re thinking of the ‘newer’ areas, or Stanhope) but even in best areas, no way someone of Guthos paycheck lives in Kellyville. Far better properties in Bella Vista, Glenhaven or Kenthurst which would shit on half of Northern Beaches
Depends how much space you want. I can afford to live in an area full of Greens voters because I'm happy with three bedrooms and nowhere for a dog to piss. If I wanted five bedrooms and backyard cricket I might need to pick a different suburb.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm saying Manly will struggle to get close to all offers for both of them.

This is about Manly retaining their players, not one rival club's offer for one of them. If you could see the big picture you wouldn't be such a peasant you pissant.
You argue for the sake of arguing because there is something wrong with you. Doesn’t matter what the topic is you will always go the opposite even if it’s not your true position. That’s why you’re a f**kwit and the crusader of the loud minority.

Avenger

Immortal
Live in the Highlands Estate which is basically 700 sq metre blocks and on the creek. It’s a reasonably desirable area, although I don’t live in a McMansion, just a single level AV Jennings.
That’s a far cry from those little dog boxes in the newer areas of Kellyville. They are awful.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You argue for the sake of arguing because there is something wrong with you. Doesn’t matter what the topic is you will always go the opposite even if it’s not your true position. That’s why you’re a f**kwit and the crusader of the loud minority.
You're the one who said Manly won't let them go. You're obviously unaware there are both richer and more desperate clubs than Manly.

I'd be very surprised if we got either Trbobbo but I would be even more surprised if Manly retained both. They would have three players (10% of their squad) taking up about 40% of their cap.

The logic underpinning them losing a Turbo is similar to the fact they were always going to lose one of DCE or Foran. They probably could've kept both, but they would've been mad if they did. In their favour is the fact these two play different positions to DCE and each other. But I'd still be surprised if they could keep both and balance the cap.

So as you can see, just because somebody calls you on your shit ideas doesn't mean they only want to argue. I only argue with people who make dumb statements.

Avenger

Immortal
You're the one who said Manly won't let them go. You're obviously unaware there are both richer and more desperate clubs than Manly.

I'd be very surprised if we got either Trbobbo but I would be even more surprised if Manly retained both. They would have three players (10% of their squad) taking up about 40% of their cap.

The logic underpinning them losing a Turbo is similar to the fact they were always going to lose one of DCE or Foran. They probably could've kept both, but they would've been mad if they did. In their favour is the fact these two play different positions to DCE and each other. But I'd still be surprised if they could keep both and balance the cap.

So as you can see, just because somebody calls you on your shit ideas doesn't mean they only want to argue. I only argue with people who make dumb statements.
Ok dickhead, how about we do this. If either one goes I’m happy to make a $100 donation to the charity of your choice. If both go I’ll give $500. You only have to give $100 if both stay.

Deal?

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
That’s a far cry from those little dog boxes in the newer areas of Kellyville. They are awful.

And, that's the only choice a lot of people have. It might not be your cup of tea, but it's a roof over their head in a reasonably decent area. FFS, it's not Shalvey or Wilmont. Even then, I respect the fact that the people that live in those areas probably have no choice either.

Avenger

Immortal
And, that's the only choice a lot of people have. It might not be your cup of tea, but it's a roof over their head in a reasonably decent area. FFS, it's not Shalvey or Wilmont. Even then, I respect the fact that the people that live in those areas probably have no choice either.
That's fine, but why can't I hate it? I'm allowed arent I?

Latest posts