What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol, that was the subject at hand, you chose to be patronizing when all else failed
or was it because I'm moderator ?
or was it because you'll now make assumptions ?
or was I confused ?
or what ever tangent or subject change or deflection you wish attempt ?

Its annoying when people get pedantic, isn't it ?
You're the one running around shrieking that's-your-opinion when you don't like what's said. I'm not going to preface every post with "In my opinion..." when it's a given.

T-Boon

Coach
Hayne's win rate at fullback is f**king atrocious.

This doesn't need explaining but he was in terrible teams in an era when great teams were around. He wasn't a leader (atually he was probably a negative in terms of influence on team) but he was a great player. He and Kenny are our best attackers ever.

Spooner

Juniors
We lose

Evans
Terepo?
Alvaro?
Gower
Stefano

Promote :
Hughes
Hollis

Still leave room for 3 more if wanted. Or atleast two.
We have not had to use many .idles this year otherwise Gower,Alvaro,Stefano see more NRL.

I'd say best we buy a solid back up and a project forward like Jack Hethrington.

Hughes and Hollis have never played a Cantebury Cup game. Even last year they played SG Ball and at the conclusion of that played the remainder of the Jersey Flegg (7 or 8 games).

Hollis is playing for the Hills Bulls at the moment coming off the bench in the Presidents Cup.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This doesn't need explaining but he was in terrible teams in an era when great teams were around. He wasn't a leader (atually he was probably a negative in terms of influence on team) but he was a great player. He and Kenny are our best attackers ever.
I would go further and say Hayne is our most talented ever player. But his involvement was too low for a modern fullback. It left a fair sized hole in our attack, which was hidden by his high impact when he did get the ball.

He was an absolutely amazing player, but there was no right position for him. He was probably best on the wing, but then his playmaking was wasted.

T-Boon

Coach
I would go further and say Hayne is our most talented ever player. But his involvement was too low for a modern fullback. It left a fair sized hole in our attack, which was hidden by his high impact when he did get the ball.

He was an absolutely amazing player, but there was no right position for him. He was probably best on the wing, but then his playmaking was wasted.

His right position was fullback without any doubt. He was a phenomenal fullback. The big problem was he was never in a good team. Who was the best hooker/half/five eight he played with? He unfortunately came into the Parra team when there weren't any strong leaders (Cayless and Hindmarsh were lacking in this department) who could pull him into line and set an example for him.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Hughes and Hollis have never played a Cantebury Cup game. Even last year they played SG Ball and at the conclusion of that played the remainder of the Jersey Flegg (7 or 8 games).

Hollis is playing for the Hills Bulls at the moment coming off the bench in the Presidents Cup.

They would've probably played Canterbury Cup this year if it wasn't shut down.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His right position was fullback without any doubt. He was a phenomenal fullback. The big problem was he was never in a good team. Who was the best hooker/half/five eight he played with? He unfortunately came into the Parra team when there weren't any strong leaders (Cayless and Hindmarsh were lacking in this department) who could pull him into line and set an example for him.
And yet never poached by a genuine title contender. There is strong evidence the bloke was a toxic influence.

And as I said, involvement too low for a conventional fullback. It's a position that requires an endurance athlete to provide full service. Otherwise it's just a roaming winger.

Delboy

First Grade

They were starting front rowers in the reserve grade trial against West’s Tigers which was won 54-10 or close to. Both played well and would probably have played a number of games after starting in Presidents cup. Big enough and physical enough to handle it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
In terms of raw ability, Hayne was the best player Parramatta has ever produced, imo - kick, pass, run, tackle...he could do it all.

But in a professional league, with a salary cap, I would take Gutherson over him; I'm well aware that he is nowhere near as talented, but Gutherson provides in areas that Hayne struggled in (leadership, involvement), costs a lot less (allowing us to spend cap money in other areas), and (while not being in the same league as Hayne) Gutherson is still a very skilful fullback.

I know it's controversial, but there you go.

Last edited: