What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

chiefy1

Juniors
Des obviously wants him just to play middle forward, as to where he packs down in the scrum is irrelevant these days.

I'm not sure he is worth more than $600K, although he is considerable better than Papa and Nikoure imo

Brown has been used at a battering ram and sure he gives 100%, but how long can he keep it up.
His play the balls are getting slower, and looks like he carries injuries each time he's tackled.
400k max. Played limited minutes in favor of Papalili on Friday .

Happy MEel

First Grade
But who will kill the attack on the 4th with a super slow play the ball???
We’re bringing Gal back from retirement.

In all seriousness though, I think Junior should already be taking that hit up with a licence to create if the opportunity presents itself. He shouldn’t get dominated in the tackle which will hopefully give our kickers more time and if he does try something and it doesn’t come off, at least it’s late in the tackle count. We look the most dangerous when he has the ball in hand.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I play a drinking game in every Eels game, I take a shot every time Brown takes a useless 4th tackle hit up that totally stifles any momentum we have with a play the ball so slower than molasses. If I wasn’t such an alcoholic(due to following this team I might add)I’d never get through a game.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
I play a drinking game in every Eels game, I take a shot every time Brown takes a useless 4th tackle hit up that totally stifles any momentum with have with a play the ball so slower than molasses. If I wasn’t such an alcoholic(due to following this team I might add)I’d never get through a game.
I agree he takes this hit up far too often, but I think he actually ran the ball alright on Saturday night and the back half of last year.

Paps runs the ball far better than him though...and can pop an effective offload.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Brown has been used at a battering ram and sure he gives 100%, but how long can he keep it up.
His play the balls are getting slower, and looks like he carries injuries each time he's tackled.
400k max. Played limited minutes in favor of Papalili on Friday .

papa and Nrown both played 56 mins on Friday

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we’re well stocked in the middle to cover the loss of Brown. If losing him means we can strengthen the edge and either f**k Lane off or play him in the middle off the bench, I’m fine with it. Replacing Brown’s spot in the roster with someone like Crighton would be useful.

Yes. Hollis and Hughes maybe also ready. Faster game may suit Stone.
Lane can play middle if Cartwright comes good.

I reckon Nathan will still be great next year. But 2023 odds are he will begin to slow down. Then again JWH is 31 by memory and still playing great

SneakyEel

Juniors
Plenty of options to replace him if he wants to leave as well. I would piss him off and go for a Crichton or a Finucane type of player both come from a winning culture. Or just put Nikoure in the starting team and spend money elsewhere (backs).

Incorrect

Coach
After watching the game I wouldn't be too sad if we lost Sivo. I'd rather keep Fergo to be honest. Especially if we have to pay overs for Sivo to keep him.
Sivo is no longer turning half chances in to tries with his size and power like he used to. Opposition defenders are handling him a lot better now. And given his lack of speed, if his power game is not cutting it anymore then it becomes an easy decision on whether to let him go or not IMO

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree he takes this hit up far too often, but I think he actually ran the ball alright on Saturday night and the back half of last year.

Paps runs the ball far better than him though...and can pop an effective offload.
Metres per carry vs Broncos:
15.4 Kaufusi (11.5 without the kickoff returns)
10.7 Papali'i (10.4 without the kickoff return)
10.0 Paulo
9.8 Campbell-Gillard (9.3 without the kickoff return)
7.9 Brown

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And tackles per minute:

0.70 Mahoney (phenomenal effort for an 80 minute player, especially given none missed)
0.56 Campbell-Gillard
0.55 Kaufusi
0.54 Papali'i
0.54 Paulo
0.52 Brown

Obviously tackles per minute is more meaningful over a season than a single game, because in a single game interchange forwards will be on the field during differing periods of possession flow. I would also expect higher tackles per minute from a player playing fewer minutes, since these merkins are expected to work harder in defence.

chiefy1

Juniors
And tackles per minute:

0.70 Mahoney (phenomenal effort for an 80 minute player, especially given none missed)
0.56 Campbell-Gillard
0.55 Kaufusi
0.54 Papali'i
0.54 Paulo
0.52 Brown

Obviously tackles per minute is more meaningful over a season than a single game, because in a single game interchange forwards will be on the field during differing periods of possession flow. I would also expect higher tackles per minute from a player playing fewer minutes, since these merkins are expected to work harder in defence.

Maybe people like running at Mahoney.

Still not doubting the effort excellent. To make that many tackles and still have the energy to set up tries at the end, phenomenal

Maybe I just like giving it to Pau Pau.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts