What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Knights over paid for Frizell I reckon. $700k is a big impact on the squad balance.

I am also quite surprised that the Roosters forked out $850k for Crichton...
Actually the ^^^ article says
Yr1 $1m
Yr 2 $850k
Yr3 $850k

strider

Post Whore
I just can't see Staggs as a half .... his strength is his ball running and palming weaker merkins off 1 on 1 out wide ... he won't be getting that closer to the middle. Can he kick? Throw good short and cutout balls?

I think the #6 thing is just another example of the Broncos currently being entirely clueless - need to fork out big money, so lets pretend he is a good half option to justify it .... tell him he is a centre and he will get centre money - or f**k off

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I just can't see Staggs as a half .... his strength is his ball running and palming weaker merkins off 1 on 1 out wide ... he won't be getting that closer to the middle. Can he kick? Throw good short and cutout balls?

I think the #6 thing is just another example of the Broncos currently being entirely clueless - need to fork out big money, so lets pretend he is a good half option to justify it .... tell him he is a centre and he will get centre money - or f**k off
He played half for Tonga in the game where Latrell Mitchell cost me $100...I mean the game where Tonga beat the Kangaroos. Went OK but that's a very different proposition to defending in the line for a whole year. I still think its bullshit.

Incorrect

Coach
Kent said last night on 360 "Pfft he won't he going anywhere".
I heard it differently. I thought he said "Pfft, he won't be going there"

'There' as in Brisbane which is what they were speculating at that time in the show...

EDIT - just watched it again, his words were "he ain't gunna go" when Hooper was saying the Broncos were chasing Moses... So that could mean he's open to leaving Parra, just not for the Broncos. Or he ain't going anywhere, period!

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon Moses won't want to leave Sydney for he's than massive overs. Who else in Sydney has huge money to spend on a halfback? Moses will wait until November to start looking for a big 2022 pay day with a Sydney club. Maybe even us. He will (probably) have another finals series under his belt by then too.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon Moses won't want to leave Sydney for he's than massive overs. Who else in Sydney has huge money to spend on a halfback? Moses will wait until November to start looking for a big 2022 pay day with a Sydney club. Maybe even us. He will (probably) have another finals series under his belt by then too.

Cronulla are ditching Josh Bogan. They could sign Moses with most of his cash plus if they ditch Johnston and Moylan, they could easy sign Staggs and some other random origin player.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cronulla are ditching Josh Bogan. They could sign Moses with most of his cash plus if they ditch Johnston and Moylan, they could easy sign Staggs and some other random origin player.
Fair point re: Cronulla. They have millions off contract and no halves signed for 2022. Could be big movers.

hindy111

Post Whore
How much do you reckon an Origin middle is worth ? Frizell went to Knights for $700k. Angus Crighton is on $850k.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/9bd2dd153ccec95e137c1816ac80054e

I reckon $600k for a smallish origin middle is a bargain.

What does Brown offer? Good leg speed and aggressive. If we went 600k that would be Max. I rate Frizzel a better player and I doubt Brown will ever get a sniff at origin again tbh. I think we've maybe seen the best of Brown already.
600k for Brown is far from a bargain. That suggests he is worth 700k+
Ranking our forwards id have at moment.

1.Jnr
2.Rcg
3.Papali
4.Matterson
5.Brown
6.Niakuore (Yet to see in forward but based on his power runs are centre he may take Brown)
7. Kafusi
8. Lane
9.Cartwright

There is not a huge gap between Marata and Brown. Kafusi mid next year might be better and Cartwright has potential to be but after 2 games I wouldn't dream of that just yet.

strider

Post Whore
I heard it differently. I thought he said "Pfft, he won't be going there"

'There' as in Brisbane which is what they were speculating at that time in the show...

EDIT - just watched it again, his words were "he ain't gunna go" when Hooper was saying the Broncos were chasing Moses... So that could mean he's open to leaving Parra, just not for the Broncos. Or he ain't going anywhere, period!
well glad you cleared that up ..... ffs

Gazzamatta

Coach
What does Brown offer? Good leg speed and aggressive. If we went 600k that would be Max. I rate Frizzel a better player and I doubt Brown will ever get a sniff at origin again tbh. I think we've maybe seen the best of Brown already.

1.Jnr
2.Rcg
3.Papali
4.Matterson
5.Brown
6.Niakuore (Yet to see in forward but based on his power runs are centre he may take Brown)
7. Kafusi
8. Lane
9.Cartwright

There is not a huge gap between Marata and Brown. Kafusi mid next year might be better and Cartwright has potential to be but after 2 games I wouldn't dream of that just yet.
With all this crack down on aggression, head shots etc, players like Brown will have a pre conceived target on his back. He will be on every reffs tip sheet. Maybe his value just dropped.

Eelementary

Post Whore

1.Jnr
2.Rcg
3.Papali
4.Matterson
5.Brown
7. Kafusi
8. Lane
9.Cartwright

I rate Papali'i very highly - but Matterson is a better player.

Papali'i is stronger, but Matterson has more skill, mobility, speed, is more versatile, and is an elite defender.