What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Moses and Brooks didn't have any success when they worked together before, what makes you think now would be any different?
Moses is a different player to what he was at the tigers. Moses is pretty good at “game management” now. Brooks seems more a running half now then a “game management” half. With less responsibility/change of clubs Brooks could go ok.

And potentially pretty cheap for a half

only a suggestion for some discussion

Soto

Bench
Moses is a different player to what he was at the tigers. Moses is pretty good at “game management” now. Brooks seems more a running half now then a “game management” half. With less responsibility/change of clubs Brooks could go ok.

And potentially pretty cheap for a half

only a suggestion for some discussion
I think Brooks would be a great 14. And a very good replacement 6 or 7 if your starting half/halves are unavailable.
Has good pace, good kicking game and has improved his defence.
I can't see him commanding the big $$$ anymore. Much rather him than mythford

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Brooks would be a great 14. And a very good replacement 6 or 7 if your starting half/halves are unavailable.
Has good pace, good kicking game and has improved his defence.
I can't see him commanding the big $$$ anymore. Much rather him than mythford
If a dude can't defend in the middle is he even a 14?

Soto

Bench
For 10 or so minutes a half someone like Brooks could ignite our inept attack especially in the opposition 20.
Relying on scoring off kicks is no way to move forward.
Defending on the edges is a difficult assignment. Defending in the middle may just help as its usually more compressed.
I don't think Brooks coming to Parra would ever happen but wouldn't be against it.
Some players just need a change of clubs. I feel Brooks is one of them.

crocodile

Bench
For 10 or so minutes a half someone like Brooks could ignite our inept attack especially in the opposition 20.
Relying on scoring off kicks is no way to move forward.
Defending on the edges is a difficult assignment. Defending in the middle may just help as its usually more compressed.
I don't think Brooks coming to Parra would ever happen but wouldn't be against it.
Some players just need a change of clubs. I feel Brooks is one of them.
We've scored 484 points this season. Inept attack my arse.

TheRam

Coach
It's actually very impressive that Melbourne are able to get out of their 20 with lightweights like JAC and Papenhuyzen. Shows the value of using the ball inside your half.
Or the true value of scintillating speed and a barnstorming centre that all get plenty of early and quality ball from a well drilled offensive team that pounce on every miniscule opportunity.

yy_cheng

Coach
Klemmer is unhappy. I reckon he would be worth trying to snap up tbh. Especialy if could get for remainder of this season. Would be a great guy to have off our bench. An upgrade on all our 3 benchies.
Start with Klem and jnr off the bench

TheRam

Coach
Given we're unsure how long Moses is out,and the Warriors are now pretty much done, Chad Townsend could be an insurance policy for the remainder of the season to at least get us to be competitive against the Top 6.

Have you seen how he has been playing. He directly contributed to their losses since he got there with some of the bonehead and poor decisions he has executed.

I really don't understand the Cowboys recruitment with both him and Tom Dearden. Dearden too has been woeful at the Cowboys and has contributed to them losing games since arriving.

I don't get it at all. At the time of pre signing both these players, Nicho Hynes was still available and being offered to clubs. By all accounts he signed with the Sharks for around $600K. Now I am sure that Townsend signed for at least $500K and Dearden around $300K. Well it doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to work out if you combined their money you have Hynes money and then some.

So instead they sign two duds for the price of one excellent superstar? Jeez! And don't tell me that they couldn't tell that both Townsend and Dearden would be this bad and Hynes this good. I could and I'm sure I'm not alone. Oh and Pou always says that coaches and their staff know way more and better then us dumb, dumb supporters. Well here is a perfect example of them not knowing jack sh*t and getting it totally wrong.

Even if they made a better offer then the Sharks for Hynes and he rejected them for the Craig Fitzgibbon factor, they still should not have signed those two. They are terrible. But I would have made an offer for Hynes that he would have found way to hard to refuse. Around $750-800K would have gotten him for sure and then they would have had a great combination of S. Drinkwater and Hynes that will only get better.

Oh well, lets watch this space next year. Something tells me it won't end to well for those two duds, unless Drinkwater's game improves to the level that he overcomes them and their poor moments. If he can become more consistent and play at close to his best for entire games then he may not need them to do all that much. But if he remains similar to the way he is now and fades in and out of games and they need for either of those two turkeys to be the dominate play maker, then they will struggle.

What bad recruiting. They just stuffed up their halves. It will hold them back unless they somehow like a magician unearth a new play maker from out of the their cowboys hat.

Oh dear, after writing the above I thought to look up what was reported at the time of their signing and price. My God, even worse then what I thought.

Townsend, Cronulla’s only premiership-winning halfback, announced on Wednesday he will take up a three-year deal with North Queensland from 2022, believed to be worth in excess of $2 million.

Townsend's new contract sits closer to the $2.4 million mark over the same time frame, raking Townsend in around $800,000-a-season.

Tom Dearden will be leaving the club for rivals the North Queensland Cowboys next season on a three-year deal worth an estimated $1.1 million.

Cronulla-Sharks has signed a three-year, $ 1.8 million contract with Melbourne Storm star Nicho Hynes to begin at the start of the 2022 NRL season.