What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
didn't anyone read his resume
Kidwell oversaw a brief but embarrassing era for New Zealand Rugby League in which they lost two World Cup matches to tier-2 nations, and fluked a draw against another in the 2016 Four Nations tournament. A series of critical failures in team culture and management led to disappointing results and a mass exodus of players. One notable player to leave the team was Jason Taumololo. Taumololo defected to Tonga, who defeated New Zealand in a World Cup pool match. Kidwell was replaced by Michael Maguire after failing to make the semi-finals of the 2017 World Cup.[13]

In 2018, Kidwell was appointed as assistant coach at one of his former clubs The Parramatta Eels.[14]

As much as I want to agree our defense isn't the issue

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i saw in the paper today that ray stone has been given another contract for next year.

Like seriously we are going nowhere as a club keeping deadwood like that on the list.
Have a look at the Storm's backups. Stone would be minimum salary. The Stefano Utoikamanus of the world cost a lot more than that.

lingard

Coach
didn't anyone read his resume
Kidwell oversaw a brief but embarrassing era for New Zealand Rugby League in which they lost two World Cup matches to tier-2 nations, and fluked a draw against another in the 2016 Four Nations tournament. A series of critical failures in team culture and management led to disappointing results and a mass exodus of players. One notable player to leave the team was Jason Taumololo. Taumololo defected to Tonga, who defeated New Zealand in a World Cup pool match. Kidwell was replaced by Michael Maguire after failing to make the semi-finals of the 2017 World Cup.[13]

In 2018, Kidwell was appointed as assistant coach at one of his former clubs The Parramatta Eels.[14]
But he was cheap.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ray Stone is another Bea fav, he tries really hard and front loads his effort areas.
Look I love Stoney but.......
Yeah. About 3 times these past 3 seasons and he also scored a try that pleased his team mates. I suspect BA has designated re signings using his "ask the players" method and if they arent sure theres always Ivan Cleary to call. Too much? Lol.

hindy111

Post Whore
The thing with Stone is he would cost min salary. And he is only getting more experienced. He is 24 and I don't think we've seen the best of him. I'm convinced he will never be in our top 20 players however in the squad. But he will be a reliable bench for 20mins a game when needed.

You have 30 spots to fill. If he was better he would demand more then minimum and be a regular in the NRL. I think he offers more value in 2022 then we ever would of ha from him.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I think Ray Stone may be worth a shot at centre - he has decent enough speed, can defend, and he'd be up against players similar in size, rather than bigger forwards.

Flame away. :eek:
Well Peyton turned a hooker into a fullback whereas BA turned a fullback into a hooker and a second rower and a lock and Dill Smith.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Look I love Stoney but.......
Yeah. About 3 times these past 3 seasons and he also scored a try that pleased his team mates. I suspect BA has designated re signings using his "ask the players" method and if they arent sure theres always Ivan Cleary to call. Too much? Lol.
Stone doesn't fit into any position for me. There's not a single position on the field which he could play.

Latest posts