What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
We don't have any money to sign B.Smith. Let alone him and Klemmer.
We will be shopping in the bargain bin this year. Hopefully we pluck another Papali'i out of our arses. And some juniors explode onto the scene.

It's not for 2022 year. It's for 2023.

As for Klemmer, the reason I mentioned him is there were rumours that he wanted out. So he may come at a reduced price if he wants to come to a stronger club. The Knights may pay some of his salary like RCG.

But the main guy I want is B. Smith. He is a culture changer. He is one of those guys that will fight and scrap for every inch. We don't have anyone of his calibre in our pack. He would become our leader.

TheRam

Coach
I love it!

Only problem is that Smith wants to play 9, and our little 9 is a pretty damn good player.

But Brandon Smith at Parra - I'd love that!

It has been reported that he has come around to playing in the middle. Sorry no link. Heard it on tele on one of the footy shows about a month or so ago.

Not saying we will be successful, but if the likes of Canterbury and the Roosters can offer massive dollars, then why can't we? We have 2 years to get our house in order to do it. These are the guys you sign from outside the club to win premierships. The Roosters and Dogs know this and will always pay big to get them. We must too otherwise we will be left behind lamenting how we still don't have winners like Ray Price in our squad.

Glenneel

Bench
On Brandon Smith. If the Chooks can afford him with the team roster they have then so should we.

He is the sort of tenacious terrier that we just don't have in the middle. Brown used to have it in bits and pieces here and there, but not like this guy. We need a player like this if we want to bash and be relentless in the big games. He will lead the way.

I would go all out for a player like him. Add Klemmer if possible and a team with RCG, Junior, Klemmer, Papalii, Matterson and B. Smith would be unstoppable. Doesn't matter who else we need to let go from our forwards stocks to make it happen. Whoever we still had left would be fine and don't forget we have some quality in the juniors that might be ready by 2023 anyway. He would also be great cover for Mahoney and if needed Mahoney could take a break while Brandon played dummy half. This would allow us to have 4 gorilla forwards or 3 and a back on the bench.

But I think we need to sort out our coach first. Maybe Flanno would be a better option to entice players like Smith and Klemmer. The 3 players I have in bold are non negotiable keepers. Any other forward is expendable if we can attract Smith and Klemmer. We can find other similar options to cover their loss. But if we could get them two, we would be a much more aggressive and ruthless team. Add some young spark from our junior out wide and I think we are cooking with gas.
Thats the forwards sorted so now the backs, we need speed, especially the wingers, with Fergo at the back end of his career and Sivo never getting out of 2nd gear. Do we have juniors with speed to replace them? Peninisi is one obvious centre with maybe another to replace Waqa, who we move on or move to wing.

TheRam

Coach
Thats the forwards sorted so now the backs, we need speed, especially the wingers, with Fergo at the back end of his career and Sivo never getting out of 2nd gear. Do we have juniors with speed to replace them? Peninisi is one obvious centre with maybe another to replace Waqa, who we move on or move to wing.

I would take a punt on Tolutau Koula, I have posted about him before with all his background and assets. But he is the fastest player at the Manly club only behind Saab. He is just out of school and already in their top 30. He is a centre and can play. The Sea Eagles have a fairly settled backline whereas we aren't. If we offer him a chance and an upgrade, who knows we maybe able to snare him from them.

Other then him, I don't know who else has that blinding speed that we just don't have that can also play, wouldn't cost a bomb and is available. Anyone else know?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Maguire is a very average coach.
And still good enough to win a premiership ffs. Maybe coaching isn't the silver bullet some merkins think it is. At most clubs there would be half a dozen players earning more than the coach, yet merkins think the coach is the most influential merkin at the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would take a punt on Tolutau Koula, I have posted about him before with all his background and assets. But he is the fastest player at the Manly club only behind Saab. He is just out of school and already in their top 30. He is a centre and can play. The Sea Eagles have a fairly settled backline whereas we aren't. If we offer him a chance and an upgrade, who knows we maybe able to snare him from them.

Other then him, I don't know who else has that blinding speed that we just don't have that can also play, wouldn't cost a bomb and is available. Anyone else know?
If he's so good why would he be cheap? It's no longer the 90s. Every club is looking for these bargains, which is why they're no longer bargains.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It has been reported that he has come around to playing in the middle. Sorry no link. Heard it on tele on one of the footy shows about a month or so ago.

Not saying we will be successful, but if the likes of Canterbury and the Roosters can offer massive dollars, then why can't we? We have 2 years to get our house in order to do it. These are the guys you sign from outside the club to win premierships. The Roosters and Dogs know this and will always pay big to get them. We must too otherwise we will be left behind lamenting how we still don't have winners like Ray Price in our squad.

In that case, throw the bank at him - the guy is a genuine star!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This bloke had played 60+ NRL games. Hardly an unknown quantity. And while he is surely on unders he would be on at least double the minimum salary. TheRam is talking about some kid who is already in an NRL club's top 30. If he's as good as TheRam says he won't be leaving there for $100k

TheRam

Coach
This bloke had played 60+ NRL games. Hardly an unknown quantity. And while he is surely on unders he would be on at least double the minimum salary. TheRam is talking about some kid who is already in an NRL club's top 30. If he's as good as TheRam says he won't be leaving there for $100k

There are many reasons a player leaves a club, not least of all a chance to play NRL.

lingard

Coach
Well I'm not always right and sometimes I have a guess, no different from yourself. But as you've pointed out, I am very smart. So my assessments are likely to be better than yours. Have a look at all the smarter posters on here. We all have similar views.
I don't.

Avenger

Immortal
807432_640x360_large_20210804191304.jpg

Latest posts