What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Trouble is, Flannagan is available now (and so is Green - although I don't rate him). Who would be available in 2023?
Is anyone likely to give him a job for next year? And if we're going to replace Arthur's at the end of next year surely his replacement will be sorted sometime this year.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Club has the Brian Smith chat with Brad straight after we bow out of the 1st/2nd week of the finals - 9 years is long enough, and you won't be extended after 2022. Brad will serve out his contract, and we'll announce new 2023 coach in first month of the season.

Or - if wecan't find/sign anyone - we announce a new "coaching director" (mentor) in the off season and extend Brad by one year (2023) while we lock in someone decent enough to start from 2024 under a mentor, and develop from there?

the phantom menace

First Grade
The way the team is playing atm proves BA has lost the dressing room. The is no desire or aggression from the team, they look lost and clueless.
Or possibly Gutho has lost the team, with his treatment of Opacic a few days after he lost a family member and failure as captain to signal faith through committing to contract negotiations at what has been acritical time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or possibly Gutho has lost the team, with his treatment of Opacic a few days after he lost a family member and failure as captain to signal faith through committing to contract negotiations at what has been acritical time.
I'd say Gutherson's outburst in that game indicated he was already having issues. Probably frustrated by the contract negotiations. And while it's fair to say he should be the second highest paid player at our club, that doesn't mean he deserves the same amount of money as the second highest paid player at clubs like the Roosters or Souths. He should get what he's worth and not extort us, especially in the f**king media.

eels_fan

First Grade
I had a mate I caught up with tonight who was in a corporate/sponsors box at the game last Saturday. He said all the talk pre and post game was around the disharmony and infighting currently at parra between players, coaches and officials/management.

Snoochies

First Grade
The last thing the club will ever do is allude to the fact that BA might in trouble. Stock standard, Brad has a contract, we still have 3 games to go, finals coming up etc etc. We know what they are 'probably' thinking behind the scenes but it would look very unprofessional to throw him under a bus now.

TheRam

Coach
Club has the Brian Smith chat with Brad straight after we bow out of the 1st/2nd week of the finals - 9 years is long enough, and you won't be extended after 2022. Brad will serve out his contract, and we'll announce new 2023 coach in first month of the season.

Or - if wecan't find/sign anyone - we announce a new "coaching director" (mentor) in the off season and extend Brad by one year (2023) while we lock in someone decent enough to start from 2024 under a mentor, and develop from there?

Oh dear. What could possibly go wrong with those plans? It's like nursing a cancer while deciding to go on holiday for a couple of years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We just can’t afford the good ones
disappointed come on GIF

Avenger

Immortal
I had a mate I caught up with tonight who was in a corporate/sponsors box at the game last Saturday. He said all the talk pre and post game was around the disharmony and infighting currently at parra between players, coaches and officials/management.
That’s a given when you see how they have been playing. I don’t think we have even reached rock bottom yet. It’s anyone’s guess when that will occur during the next 3 weeks.

TheRam

Coach
We just can’t afford the good ones

Why not? The non player salary cap is now the same for every club, $5m. So money should have nothing to do with it. We need strong and good leadership to make it happen. Parramatta as a destination club is right up there with the top 3 in the game. Our management just need to know how to make it happen.

Last edited: