What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We could do with a replacement for Fergo. Our centres look good for now, with Waqa, Penisini, and Opacic. Do we really want to go into the season with Dunster and Russel (who is virtually untried)? I hope BA sees what most of us here see: that Sivo has now become dead space. We need an injection of experience on the wing now; just like we did when Fergo first came.
I'm sure the plan was for our top 17 wingers to be Sivo and Dunster. Now that Sivo is unavailable the number three winger will have to play, which is the reason we have a number three winger. I assume that's Russell, and the next choice backup will be the number four winger, probably Loizou. It's a good thing we blooded them this year. They should have a big pre-season.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm sure the plan was for our top 17 wingers to be Sivo and Dunster. Now that Sivo is unavailable the number three winger will have to play, which is the reason we have a number three winger. I assume that's Russell, and the next choice backup will be the number four winger, probably Loizou. It's a good thing we blooded them this year. They should have a big pre-season.

Opacic can play centre. Waqa could slot into wing. W.Smith also looked fine at centre.
That would be quite a likely scenario.

TheRam

Coach
We're becoming a strong club. Why wouldn't I defend them?

Because you are defending terrible administrations of past years like they knew what they were doing.

Almost everything you say is in favour of the clubs decisions no matter who is in charge or what era we are talking about, when clearly we have had some major turkeys in administration and at coaching level.

Your are just a typical sycophant company man. A good German so to speak.

Delboy

First Grade
On reflection the judgement of the club should really only be on the last 3 years since Bernie Gurr and Max Donnelly started the reformation of the admin.

Thats when there seemed to be a design on recruitment and some idea of what to do within our own junior ranks Due to BA.Whilst we all have some concerns on say tactics and deficiencies , to believe we are not improving since the debacle of the salary cap and board factionalism is fanciful.

Seems like financially we are getting stronger, for instance where would Souffs and the Roosters be without the wealthy benefactors behind the scenes, or the Storm with the one city/Newscorp backing. This could point to the club being on the cusp of that last leg of success , built on improvement over time not just some flash genius like Turbo or a name rarely mentioned, one Jarryd Hayne.

emjaycee

Coach
On reflection the judgement of the club should really only be on the last 3 years since Bernie Gurr and Max Donnelly started the reformation of the admin.

Thats when there seemed to be a design on recruitment and some idea of what to do within our own junior ranks Due to BA.Whilst we all have some concerns on say tactics and deficiencies , to believe we are not improving since the debacle of the salary cap and board factionalism is fanciful.

Seems like financially we are getting stronger, for instance where would Souffs and the Roosters be without the wealthy benefactors behind the scenes, or the Storm with the one city/Newscorp backing. This could point to the club being on the cusp of that last leg of success , built on improvement over time not just some flash genius like Turbo or a name rarely mentioned, one Jarryd Hayne.
And after I read all that, you had to go and name the name of the person who shall not be named.
FFS!!!

Avenger

Immortal
I am hearing that BA will be offered an extension. I am going to leave it at that.
Yes he went out in the second week again but this year feels different. It’s weird because I’m one of his biggest critics yet I’m comfortable with the extension. I just would have waited until mid 2022 at the very least however I suspect player power is the reason for the early call.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes he went out in the second week again but this year feels different. It’s weird because I’m one of his biggest critics yet I’m comfortable with the extension. I just would have waited until mid 2022 at the very least however I suspect player power is the reason for the early call.
Do well run clubs cave into player power???

lingard

Coach
Maybe but if one of our halves were missing, would Brthur go into the season with Jruthur?
Good point. I actually think young Arthur might have a future. Not a star, but could become a solid replacement. We definitely have to have a back up in the halves, unless incredibly lucky with injuries/suspensions. Is Will Smith the man for that job? Not sure, but he has been getting better each year. I guess it all depends on how Sivo comes back. And how soon. Personally, I've never liked him.

Avenger

Immortal
Do well run clubs cave into player power???
I’m not saying it’s a good thing. Well run clubs also don’t get rid of the coach when there are different agendas like Daniel Anderson in 2010 and Wayne Bennett at the Broncos less than a decade later.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m not saying it’s a good thing. Well run clubs also don’t get rid of the coach when there are different agendas like Daniel Anderson in 2010 and Wayne Bennett at the Broncos less than a decade later.
I think it’s embarrassing if we cave into the the captain and senior players, the captain for the second time put himself ahead of the club and his team mates. I suppose he’s following the lead from his coach who put his sons career ahead of what was best for the team. So glad they all bleed blue and gold though.

lingard

Coach
I'm sure the plan was for our top 17 wingers to be Sivo and Dunster. NowI that Sivo is unavailable the number three winger will have to play, which is the reason we have a number three winger. I assume that's Russell, and the next choice backup will be the number four winger, probably Loizou. It's a good thing we blooded them this year. They should have a big pre-season.

That's true. I hope Russell is as good as people say. And of course, as Hindy111 says, we could move Waqa to the wing. I like Opacic. He and Penisini in the centres, with Dunster and Waqa on the wings sounds good. I'm okay with that.

TheRam

Coach
I'm really looking forward to Emu..
I reckon he'll be our next Papalli' in terms of impact if he can get his fitness up.

He sort of has that Brandon Smith type of determination.

I hope you are right Cheng. He certainly has the look and physicality to be a good and aggressive middle forward. Whether he can show the same tenacity and agility of Brandon Smith is I think a little to optimistic. But he could be a very good and aggressive metre eater.

He just needs to get a very good off season or two under his belt to give himself every opportunity to advance to the next level. If he does that sooner rather then later, our front row rotation will be the envy of the NRL and allow us to dominate every other team even more so then the last couple of seasons. We do lose a little when the starting two are off the field.

I too am hoping he can do it.

yy_cheng

Coach
I hope you are right Cheng. He certainly has the look and physicality to be a good and aggressive middle forward. Whether he can show the same tenacity and agility of Brandon Smith is I think a little to optimistic. But he could be a very good and aggressive metre eater.

He just needs to get a very good off season or two under his belt to give himself every opportunity to advance to the next level. If he does that sooner rather then later, our front row rotation will be the envy of the NRL and allow us to dominate every other team even more so then the last couple of seasons. We do lose a little when the starting two are off the field.

I too am hoping he can do it.
In the few games he did play,though small sample size, he was knackered but when the attack came his way,he chased and still made the tackle. He'll be like a rcg,fui type Clone if he get his fitness up.

He and kaufusi will be a good rotation... but still alot of ifs

strider

Post Whore
Reece Walsh eh? ... topping off a great rookie year

Tearful Reece Walsh breaks down after cocaine admission​

A tearful Reece Walsh admitted to using cocaine before being arrested during a night out on the Gold Coast, with his Warriors club insisting the incident was a “one off” as the NRL’s grand final week celebrations started on the worst possible note.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because you are defending terrible administrations of past years like they knew what they were doing.
I am just pointing out that they all operate under constraints that you would be unaware of. Just saying get it done ffs is a sign of ignorance.

For what it's worth, I think Mad Max Donnelly was the best thing to happen to our club. Success is about management and ownership structures. Your obsession with assistant coaches shows you can't see the big picture.

Latest posts