What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Saw today that Fusitu'a was hanging out with the Parra boys on Instagram. Could be a sign he might be with us next year. Personally, I'm all for it, a good player and would be cheap. Told by the Warriors to look elsewhere.

I probably wouldnt read too much into it all the players that are out of the finals are on the gold coast partying together toby rudolf was with reece walsh the other night.

We do have a few ex warriors might have been catching up.

I reckon anyone who lives on the GC will spot quite a few footballers in the next month or two

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I probably wouldnt read too much into it all the players that are out of the finals are on the gold coast partying together toby rudolf was with reece walsh the other night.

We do have a few ex warriors might have been catching up.

I reckon anyone who lives on the GC will spot quite a few footballers in the next month or two
Punters on the Goldie better get their phone cameras handy

King-Gutho94

Coach
Rein is 31 unless there is absolutely no one else available i would rather go and look for a young 19-20 year old dummy half with a bit of spark. To spruce up the attack a bit off the bench.

Go and look around whats laying underneath at other clubs there could be a diamond waiting for an opportunity.

I dont think our team needs another plodder in attack.

Our worst case scenario in 12 months is we might have to look at a replacing mahoney due to his new QLD team anyway

Noise

Coach
it seems as if when he plays edge on the right side, we are always short on defenders when the opposition shifts the ball. Seemed to have become a lot better when Marata was in the 12. Now was this because of Marta or Penisini's rise as first choice right centre? I will say a number of centres have played that position and all had the same issues, it seemed to shift once Marata moved to edge forward.
This was pretty much the exact conversation that was had that I mentioned in my post.

84 Baby

Referee
Rein is 31 unless there is absolutely no one else available i would rather go and look for a young 19-20 year old dummy half with a bit of spark. To spruce up the attack a bit off the bench.

Go and look around whats laying underneath at other clubs there could be a diamond waiting for an opportunity.

I dont think our team needs another plodder in attack.

Our worst case scenario in 12 months is we might have to look at a replacing mahoney due to his new QLD team anyway
It’s a little bit catch 22. A younger player may be more ideal and provide us with option if we lose Rheed, but one who could replace Rheed is also likely to cost more thus restricting how much we could offer Rheed, increasing chance he would leave.
Rein kills two birds, he’d take the Lussick spot in the squad positionally but also the Wmith spot experienctially. That allows us to fill the Wmith positional spot with a different type of utility

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Turpin, Starling, BBrailey, Fainu, Egan, Tevaga, Koroisau, Kenny and Brandon Smith are all off contract at the same time as Mahoney, so there are other options. They might not be as good, but if they're cheaper it lets us spend more elsewhere in the squad. I'd even back Arthur's to polish turds like Marshall-King, Lawton, FLussick, Marschke, Cotter, Booth or Garlick, who can also play hooker and are free to negotiate from the 1st of November.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mitch Rein is terrible...

Fine for a back up. Didn't Oakland make it hard for themself today. Still to win after down 14-0 is good. Everything went wrong the last 5. Missed extra point. A 4th an 8 completed.
Touchdown on 4th and goal.

I hate when teams do a drive where they run it 3 x when not a heap of time. I think there was 3.40 when Oakland began last drive on their own 40. Teams know you'll just run. Miami had 3 time outs. They had to go for points. 30yards and a field goal seals it. Different story if under 2 mins to go. But all there time outs and 3.40 is dumb.

84 Baby

Referee
I don't think he will leave. The new team won't be strong for a while. He would be 25 and does he want to spend his best 3 or 4yrs at a new club building for the future? Would be a silly move imo.
I reckon Scum are actually more willing to let Grant go than Bmith and if that’s the case, he would also be a target of the new club

Bandwagon

Staff member
Can’t read article, but it indicates we are talking to Rein:

From your link.............

Parramatta are attempting to solve the problem area that contributed to their faltering finals campaign by signing veteran hooker Mitch Rein.
Without influential dummy-half Reed Mahoney (shoulder) to guide them, the Eels were found wanting in their ability to cover the key hooker position in their run to the finals.
Capable without threatening the opposition, back-up hookers Ray Stone and Joey Lussick were both used by Parramatta coach Brad Arthur with the omission of Mahoney in the club’s season-ending semi-final loss to Penrith proving to be of major significance.
Mitch Rein in action for the Titans. Picture: NRL Photos

Mitch Rein in action for the Titans. Picture: NRL Photos
Lussick is headed to St Helens in the UK, creating a spot in the Eels roster.
Rein, 31, has met with the Eels coaching staff after being let go by the Titans, where he has spent the past four seasons.
The 208-game hooker — who has also had stints at St George-Illawarra and Penrith — would add valuable experience to the Eels’ 2022 roster.