What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

As forgotten as your last GF in

Hi Eels Fans.

Thanks for the player guys. Promise to have him all finished up every season a week earlier than he's used to at the Eels. I guess the only difference will be he is part of a club that's won something during his parents lifetime.

Thanks again.
Youve been waiting in your bedroom with this line for a long time, haven't you? How does it feel now you get to come out and actually say it? Was it good? Are you hard??

Avenger

Immortal
But then what's in it for them?
They get rid of a player that doesn't want to be there. He is on about $450k in 2022. Let's say they chip in $150K. We chip in for $300K and see how he goes and make an assessment mid 2022 for the future. Meanwhile we give them Papa who is on $150K. Win/win for both. We were willing to give Papa $425K as per some reports. We end up getting a player with equal ability for $300k which is less than what we were going to give Papa. The Tigers get Papa for $150K plus $150k (chip in for LB) which equates to $300K and they get their man a year early.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Undoubtedly Ice and Marata were our best edges season past. In fact they were elite. If they stay they are back to being shuffled between edge and middle. It will be interesting to see if that continues in 2022.
Im guessing Matto will hunt a big pay day so our edges in 2023 will be Lane and Catrwright at this stage. No doubt another will raise their hand and Lane will be back in the middle. Its fascinating actually. Cant wait. Fingers crossed Ice and Marata "do a Burton".

The Rosco

Bench
Imagine coming 8th and dare to dream? How good would that be?
No time to dream, avenger. Having plenty of fun reading how you guys don't care about losing IP, how we've overpaid, and how he is destined to be a second year plodder . . . Mind you, every forum is filled with bitter jealousies in these situations.
Like I said, fun to read.
Also, there's a lot to be said for accepting the reality of your footy team. You guys had more joy than us watching parra winning lately, but that was once again cruelled by the shattering repeat of semi finals failure. I watched some mates nearly crying after you lost. I found that quite rude, it's hard to repeatedly say " I told you so . . . what did you expect?" to a grown man sobbing like a lil baby.

I think good on the Tigers. They need to take risks.
And the way we snatched Moses and Matterson was dirty. Its a victory to them imo and a deserved one.

Well said, Hindy.

hindy111

Post Whore
No time to dream, avenger. Having plenty of fun reading how you guys don't care about losing IP, how we've overpaid, and how he is destined to be a second year plodder . . . Mind you, every forum is filled with bitter jealousies in these situations.
Also, there's a lot to be said for accepting the reality of your footy team. You guys had more joy than us watching parra winning lately, but that was once again cruelled by the shattering repeat of semi finals failure. I watched some mates nearly crying after you lost. I found that quite rude, it's hard to repeatedly say " I told you so . . . what did you expect?" to a grown man sobbing like a lil baby.
Cheers mate.

I think good. You lost Teddy,Woods,Moses. Your clubs has had plenty of good kids leave, had the coach walk out. It's copped a battering.
Needed to take some risks and I hope Papa has a great career with you and play finals.

Avenger

Immortal

I think good on the Tigers. They need to take risks.
And the way we snatched Moses and Matterson was dirty. Its a victory to them imo and a deserved one.

Well said, Hindy.
You guys are the perennial under achievers and the laughing stock of the NRL and have been for a decade, yet you want to try and trigger me with Papa? Is that all you have? You took a backrower from us? Mate we bash you guys around almost everytime and you have been our bitches and twisted sister for as long as I can remember yet all you have is Papa, Stefano (who still hasn't tasted semi final football) and one comp from a merged entity with no soul, from what 16 years ago?

LOL.

King-Gutho94

Coach
You guys are the perennial under achievers and the laughing stock of the NRL and have been for a decade, yet you want to try and trigger me with Papa? Is that all you have? You took a backrower from us? Mate we bash you guys around almost everytime and you have been our bitches and twisted sister for as long as I can remember yet all you have is Papa, Stefano (who still hasn't tasted semi final football) and a comp, from what 16 years ago?

LOL.

Its been that long since they beat us ivan cleary was still coaching them.

Latest posts