What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

He hasn’t signed yet, just advised us he’s going.

If the club has any sense or back bone they match the dogs offer. If he still chooses to leave we punt him immediately

Why punt players just because they've signed elsewhere? All you'd be doing is a) making next year's team weaker (anw with less time to fix it than the 2023 team) and b) encourage other teams to try the same routine on us.

The bloke is allowed to decide to play for a different club. He'll get the Bronx cheer for a while, but his job is to play football, and there's no reason he can't do it well for us next year.

Avenger

Immortal
Why punt players just because they've signed elsewhere? All you'd be doing is a) making next year's team weaker (anw with less time to fix it than the 2023 team) and b) encourage other teams to try the same routine on us.

The bloke is allowed to decide to play for a different club. He'll get the Bronx cheer for a while, but his job is to play football, and there's no reason he can't do it well for us next year.
Because he has no loyalty. And don’t think for a moment our coach doesn’t think the same way.

Sterling once was quoted and said that he could have left Parra plenty of times for the money but he didn’t because he said loyalty was everything to him because as a one club player the money will come at the back end of your career. Mahoney and Papa will be booed by our fans and rightly so. I hope it affects them too.

lingard

Coach
Were you brought up to treat the internet as real life?
Unfortunately, and despite what you might want to believe, the internet actually is real life: it's just that some people don't treat it that way. (I'm not referring to you, of course. I've come to understand that my initial impression of you was way off the mark. You're actually a pretty decent bloke. Not that my opinion matters one iota.) Dunno why I said that. Must have accidentally inhaled some oxytocin.

Because he has no loyalty. And don’t think for a moment our coach doesn’t think the same way.

Sterling once was quoted and said that he could have left Parra plenty of times for the money but he didn’t because he said loyalty was everything to him because as a one club player the money will come at the back end of your career. Mahoney and Papa will be booed by our fans and rightly so. I hope it affects them too.

I'd refer to is as cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

How is he any different to any player that signs for another club.....ever?

How could we trust any player that signs for us from another club? They're clearly not loyal.

hindy111

Post Whore
I would agree which made Cameron Smith being the best hooker of all time while playing in slow motion even more amazing.

This isn't true.

Rheed averaged

32mtrs, 29mtrs, 25mtrs and 37mtrs.

Cam Smith in his last 5yrs

At his peak he was between 55-70mtrs.

Rheed average 75 kick meters. Cam was closer to 175mtrs.

This year Rheed forced 3 line drop outs. His best season was 5.

Cam Smith one year forced 20. Ironically did not force one in his first 9yrs. Maybe they had a better option? Or did he not know how to kick then.

Ck9

Juniors
The best hookers are fast out of dummy half. Api,Cook, Grant.
Yes there has been other good hookers but the best ones job is to dart from dummy half. Its nice if they can kick but others in the team can do that. Only one player is capable of catching forwards offside or finding holes in the middles and that's your hooker. When Jack Granville was at his peak it was when he had a run game. What happened once he slowed up? He was seen as garbage. He still had a great pass and could tackle and kick.
sounds like you want danny levi

granville wasn't found out because he slowed up, its because teams did their homework on him and realised his service was so dogshit and his 5 steps than pass routine was so abhorrent that its better to train to sit back and cut off the dart, because his passing will give you possesion 5+ times a game and allow you to belt his first receivers ad nauseam

Avenger

Immortal
w
I'd refer to is as cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

How is he any different to any player that signs for another club.....ever?

How could we trust any player that signs for us from another club? They're clearly not loyal.
This is different. We nurtured the little merkin and made him what he is and he went for the money. The pre season has just begun and we all know he is leaving. He can get f**ked now. Like I said if this was European football he’d be hunted down in the car park.

lucablight

First Grade
Does he play in a position where he makes 50 tackles a game? Do you watch rugby league?
Mahoney averaged 44 tackles a game this season whilst Cleary averaged 18. Do you really think Cleary isn’t at some degree of risk of re-injuring himself despite the lower tackle count? That’s still more tackles than what some bench forwards make and being the halfback he’s going to get big forwards running at him deliberately to tire him out.

lingard

Coach
I'm undecided on this one. There were so many reasons we needed to keep Mahoney. But at the end of the day, he can't make me happy or buy me love. I just hope Parra has some sort of back-up plan. Actually, no. What I hope is that we made a conscious decision to keep our offer within certain parameters, rather than it being a case of mismanagement.
At this point in time I'm prepared to back the club - but not with a huge amount of confidence.

hindy111

Post Whore
sounds like you want danny levi

granville wasn't found out because he slowed up, its because teams did their homework on him and realised his service was so dogshit and his 5 steps than pass routine was so abhorrent that its better to train to sit back and cut off the dart, because his passing will give you possesion 5+ times a game and allow you to belt his first receivers ad nauseam

At hisn peak he was brilliant. He is 33 soon. Go back 4yrs and he was still brilliant.

T-Boon

Coach
The lack of leadership coming out of our club during this time is appalling. Where is our CEO? Yes the one that supports the Bulldogs. Is he going to say anything?
I honestly don't even know who the CEO is.
Brad Arthur is the leader of the club. He is the one who should be showing some leadership. Since being made aware that the coaches don't do any recruiting I have to ask: WTF do they do?

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm undecided on this one. There were so many reasons we needed to keep Mahoney. But at the end of the day, he can't make me happy or buy me love. I just hope Parra has some sort of back-up plan. Actually, no. What I hope is that we made a conscious decision to keep our offer within certain parameters, rather than it being a case of mismanagement.
At this point in time I'm prepared to back the club - but not with a huge amount of confidence.

I'd say they work the side like this.

X amount in spine

X amount on backs

X amount on props

X amount on 2nd row.

Our spine is still strong. They may feel hey can have a weaker hooker and beef up elsewhere. We did lack speed and talent out wide.

Latest posts