What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
How pathetic is the media racing to Ray Price and Kenny everything our club does something negative o ky for them to bag us out.
Great players sure. But I was not even at school when they played. Unfortunately my view on these Eels legends seems to be a few old grumpy men who's lives didn't reach new heights after rugby league careers where finished and are bitter.

Sterling I have so much respect for. He might be critical towards the club but the guy had a career after footy. One may say an even better career.

I'm f**king sick of Price and Kenny constantly bagging our club.

Agree mate i wasn't born when these legends were playing. Yet all i have heard all my life in regards to Ray price is he bagging the club constantly.

Its a shame their legacy with people around my age and younger who never saw him is tarnished because of it.

He is the only parra player that has a statue outside our home ground.

My grandmother who has been a eels supporter since the late 50s said price was the toughest and most inspirational Eels player she has even seen and said that we didnt win a comp before he arrived and haven't won since the day he retired after the 1986 GF.

EelsFan05

Bench
You don’t believe it because it doesn’t fit your narrative. What I think is more likely is what was reported in the media. We thought we had him locked up around the $500-$550k mark, only for the dogs to offer him at least $100k a year more. We thought we’d play the loyalty card and stupidly valued him less than that…so he walked.
Take it easy on the 'assumptions' mate. Pou's assumptions are the only one's that can be believed as fact. Just ask him.

The Predictor

Juniors
Do you think that's how negotiating happens? Like a closed bidding.
I doubt it. I'd say the club would of been informed this is what you need to have him sign. At which point they'd say no we are out. They also would of been told what the Dogs have offered him and what Rheed would want to stay.

If Dogs did say 650k then Ayoub would inform Eels this is the offer. Rheeds preference is to stay but you need to be close.
If Parra said ok we will go 620k and Rheed was happy then Ayoub would then go back to the Dogs and say listen, he will stay at Eels. They've offered 620k. Unless your atleast 50k more he won't leave.
At some point Parra would of said nah that's final. Let him go.
The gnome was leaving no matter what, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, their relationship (Brad) has been strained for a good 6 months, and probably signed with dogs out of spite, little grub, in saying that I believe their quite some regret signing Arthur, again 🤷🏼‍♂️

emjaycee

Coach
It shits me that it’s once again BA who is thrown in front of the media. I don’t disagree with anything he said, but it should be our invisible CEO out there.
These guys say hello.
- Aaron Warburton
- Phil Gardner
- Jeff Reibel
- Joe Kelly
- Dino Mezzatesta
- Justin Rodski
- Stephen Humphreys

Are all their names familiar to you?
They are CEO's of NRL clubs and are all pretty invisible. How come ours has to be out in public?

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Bit rough expecting the coach to front the media, where is the dickhead CEO or the sooky Chairman???
Agree mate piss poor.

Like you i have lost faith in BA when it comes to coaching

But at least whenever there is crisis off the field he is always fronting up and answering the tough questions

We still haven't heard from the CEO feels like he has been MIA since August maybe once we hit 35k members we might get a fluffy piece how about what a great job he is doing

hindy111

Post Whore
Mahoney is just being blown out of proportion. He averages bottom 4 hookers for run meters. Peats at his peak was far superior. He hit like a brick in defense and had a great run game.
I could end up with egg on my face but I think he stands out due to not many good hookers currently. That can all change within 24mths.

strider

Post Whore
These guys say hello.
- Aaron Warburton
- Phil Gardner
- Jeff Reibel
- Joe Kelly
- Dino Mezzatesta
- Justin Rodski
- Stephen Humphreys

Are all their names familiar to you?
They are CEO's of NRL clubs and are all pretty invisible. How come ours has to be out in public?
yeah i was about to say, does anyone even know who the CEOs of other clubs are - and would you care the slightest bit if the media interviewed them about something?

coaches and players are who joe public care about hearing from ..... the media know it and they go to them for comments

lingard

Coach
Agree with most of what you have said Lingard. I was responding to a comment about a team losing so many top 17 players in a 12 month period, (albeit I slightly misunderstood that the poster meant in pre-season).
I didn’t want to lose Mahoney, but I was more pissed about Papali’i. And more pissed because he came to us on the scrap heap and moved on like a cheap whore chasing the coin after whatever special sauce we have helped him to shine.
I don’t know that we have as much chance as some believe of winning a comp in 22. I hope to be proved wrong.
I certainly won’t be cheering on Papali’i and Mahoney as loudly as I will be Moses, RCG and Penisini for example. It’s probably childish of this old bloke, but I don’t care.
Ray Higgs was my favourite player as a kid and I hated him for signing for Manly. Not much has changed…
Ray Higgs was a favourite of mine, too.

strider

Post Whore
Mahoney is just being blown out of proportion. He averages bottom 4 hookers for run meters. Peats at his peak was far superior. He hit like a brick in defense and had a great run game.
I could end up with egg on my face but I think he stands out due to not many good hookers currently. That can all change within 24mths.
Agree - I'm not sure dummy half is as prominant a position at the moment .... not alot of stand outs

I think one of the added disappointments in losing Reed though is that he seems like a quality off field person you want at your club ... leadership potential

PS: I've taken your "h" back Reed ..... if you are gonna leave then no more Rheed ffs

Avenger

Immortal
Agree mate piss poor.

Like you i have lost faith in BA when it comes to coaching

But at least whenever there is crisis off the field he is always fronting up and answering the tough questions

We still haven't heard from the CEO feels like he has been MIA since August maybe once we hit 35k members we might get a fluffy piece how about what a great job he is doing
I have plenty of respect for BA in relation to his leadership. It’s an aspect of his tenure that cannot be questioned.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree - I'm not sure dummy half is as prominant a position at the moment .... not alot of stand outs

I think one of the added disappointments in losing Reed though is that he seems like a quality off field person you want at your club ... leadership potential

PS: I've taken your "h" back Reed ..... if you are gonna leave then no more Rheed ffs

Here is the games I feel where our best performances of the season

Rnd 2 beating Storm.
Losing 13-12 against Panthers
Losing 8-6 in finals against Panthers
Beating Knights in Finals. They played well and its a finals game
Besting Storm in rnd 24

That was our best 4 performances even though we lost 2.
Rheed played in one of them.

Our worse 7 losses

Saints
Manly x 2
Souths x 2
Roosters
Raiders

Rheed played in 6 of them.

We had 16 wins and 10 losses including finals games.
I'd say 9 losses as our last rnd was a nsw cup side.

Of those 9 Rheed played in all but 3 of them. And two of those 3 losses where against Penrith by 2 points.....

These are statistics.

Bandwagon

Staff member
It’s believed the Dogs are only willing to contribute $150,000 towards Cotric’s salary for 2022 - a number short of the level of cap-relief the Raiders would need to fit the former NSW Origin winger into their cap.

That's probably the most important line in that story, it indicates the mess the Dogs are with their cap. Imagine having to pay that kind of coin to move a winger on, and the thinking being it's not enough for the recipient club to make it happen, despite reports the player involved wants it to happen. Bearing in mind they still have to replace with at least a minimum wage ( 100k? ) player, so they're at 250K cost to their cap minimum there.

And on Gus' form ( see the Panthers chipping in for Waqa and Reg as an example ) who's brave enough to say he's the guy to fix that. By all reports they now have to shed more than Cotric, and replace them with minimum wage guys given their spend.

And that's what we were up against retaining Rheed. If they're gonna overpay that much for a winger, how much do they overpay the kind of guys you can build a club around?

hindy111

Post Whore
With Rheed 11 wins and 6 losses

Without our only losses where a belting by Manly
Penrith by 1 Point and Penrith by 2 points.

And our nsw cup side which I won't count

King-Gutho94

Coach
With Rheed 11 wins and 6 losses

Without our only losses where a belting by Manly
Penrith by 1 Point and Penrith by 2 points.

And our nsw cup side which I won't count
Reed doesn't like playing the panthers. He has missed the last 4 times we played them through injury.

Last time he played against them was round 5, 2020 the last time we beat them

Latest posts