What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
The ogden signing could be another diamond in the rough though front rowers we seemed to have plenty of young depth in coming through the ranks.

If he gets himself flogged through pre-season and super fit who knows

BA has proven he can get the best out of the forwards. Even though it took nearly 2 years he even got kane evans into career best form in back end of 19 and 1st half of 2020

Eelementary

Post Whore
By end of March Sivo would of had 7 mths. I understand these injuries tend to be around 6-8mths.
Question is how slow he will be. And how much power he will lose.

If we get him rehabbing properly, he could ostensibly regain full power.

He'd need to mechanically change the way he runs to add some speed, and maybe even shed some weight - he is built like a building.

Gronk

Staff member
I wouldn't be disappointed if sivo didnt play again his best is long gone. Hopefully union who love a fijian winger offering him a retirement package
Sivo can earn Parra cash in the UK or France playing park footy. I agree, we might not see him again in an Eels (first grade) jumper.

84 Baby

Referee
That's probably the most important line in that story, it indicates the mess the Dogs are with their cap. Imagine having to pay that kind of coin to move a winger on, and the thinking being it's not enough for the recipient club to make it happen, despite reports the player involved wants it to happen. Bearing in mind they still have to replace with at least a minimum wage ( 100k? ) player, so they're at 250K cost to their cap minimum there.

And on Gus' form ( see the Panthers chipping in for Waqa and Reg as an example ) who's brave enough to say he's the guy to fix that. By all reports they now have to shed more than Cotric, and replace them with minimum wage guys given their spend.

And that's what we were up against retaining Rheed. If they're gonna overpay that much for a winger, how much do they overpay the kind of guys you can build a club around?
I’m over Mahoney but if the reporting is true, I fail to see how either the NRL or the Dogs would say it’s fine to do what the Dogs have done. They need 9 players at minimum $120k each. That’s $1.08m. And they reportedly have $500k available.
There’s too many stakeholders that would have to not blink but it would serve them right if the players needed to be moved on all said no

Glenneel

Bench
On a positive note (and I’ve tipped a few in today) I am going to make a crystal ball call here.

Our two superstars next year…
Sivo (will come back as a superstar)
Will Penisi. (Big call, will be talked about for Origin).
Crystal ball half broken. How would Sivo even be mentioned for SOO? Do you know the qualifications to pay origin? Born overseas is not one of them.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Warriors chased Dylbags a couple of years ago and he said he is happy here and didn't want to leave and we extended him. I believe there is/was also interest from the Kiwi Rugby Union.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mahoney is a very good player, but he isn't irreplaceable.

Ditto for Papali'i, imo.

We've built a roster whereby we have very good players, with no superstars, and it means nobody is irreplaceable.
So if we have a roster built with very good players but no superstars how are were we unable to keep Mahoney or offer him a fair deal??? Wheres all the money gone??? Someone must be on overs even though we apparently don't do them anymore..........

Gronk

Staff member
The Warriors chased Dylbags a couple of years ago and he said he is happy here and didn't want to leave and we extended him. I believe there is/was also interest from the Kiwi Rugby Union.
IIRC his family all made the move to Sydney ?