What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Greig looks super fit now. Hollis has also filled out. I reckon both could be suprise packets.
With Kafusi, Papali'i, Marata and a lesser degree Stone gone it's possible we have ready made replacements within. Rodwell will have Stone spot covered. Morreti may take Maratas....Exciting times. This is the sign of a strong system.
woody26.jpgky49.jpg

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Greig looks super fit now. Hollis has also filled out. I reckon both could be suprise packets.
With Kafusi, Papali'i, Marata and a lesser degree Stone gone it's possible we have ready made replacements within. Rodwell will have Stone spot covered. Morreti may take Maratas....Exciting times. This is the sign of a strong system.
View attachment 57518View attachment 57519
Who's the merkin with the ball? Hands? Yates?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, it's not about the ones you lose, it's about the ones you keep. The ones you don't keep have zero relevance to the strength of your squad. They are no different to any other player who doesn't play for your club.

The exception is the leaders who drive your culture. From a social chemistry point of view they might be very hard to replace. Other players are more easily replaceable no matter how good they are, just from a cap value perspective, if not like-for-like.

Consider someone like Papali'i. Suppose he's on $200k but giving $500k worth of footy. If you re-sign him for $600k you have the same amount of talent but now costing an extra $400k on the cap. You'll feel that elsewhere in your squad. Retaining him is a net loss. Better off spending that $600k on one or more players who are more likely to offer value. You could spend it on two players (for $300k each) who both have the potential to give you $500k worth of footy. There is far more upside, while the downside is about the same.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yep, it's not about the ones you lose, it's about the ones you keep. The ones you don't keep have zero relevance to the strength of your squad. They are no different to any other player who doesn't play for your club.

The exception is the leaders who drive your culture. From a social chemistry point of view they might be very hard to replace. Other players are more easily replaceable no matter how good they are, just from a cap value perspective, if not like-for-like.

Consider someone like Papali'i. Suppose he's on $200k but giving $500k worth of footy. If you re-sign him for $600k you have the same amount of talent but now costing an extra $400k on the cap. You'll feel that elsewhere in your squad. Retaining him is a net loss. Better off spending that $600k on one or more players who are more likely to offer value. You could spend it on two players (for $300k each) who both have the potential to give you $500k worth of footy. There is far more upside, while the downside is about the same.
I would've kept either jnr or paps.
If we signed paps, i would've let jnr go mainly becoz of his age and we have another older prop in rcg