What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
Up until this year the parra comp ran on its own This season it’s merged with Canterbury, 13’s and up.

the issue as far as I’m aware, is the bigger stronger clubs kept getting bigger and stronger. Eventually wenty, cabra and rouse hill had no one left to play. The players needed to be split across the entire district for the competition to improve. Not over 3 clubs.
The NRL club isn’t limited to signing players from just those 3 clubs. What’s stopping Parramatta from signing players from say the St Mary’s Saints or St Clair comets?

Cloeel

Juniors
This is incomprehensible mate. If you think finishing in the top 4 is overachieving then you should be able to name 4 clubs that would be expected to finish ahead of us.

So do you believe currently we are playing like a team that should be finishing the year in the top 4?

Incorrect

Coach
So do you believe currently we are playing like a team that should be finishing the year in the top 4?
No we are not currently playing like a top 4 side... And when we consider the talent in the squad, questions need to be asked why aren't we?? We know they're capable (only team to have beaten Penrith). Someone needs to come up with answer. Is that someone the coach? I imagine it is. I'm pretty tired of captain and/or coach saying in presser's "we just didn't turn up".... That's so lame and a cop out....

Noise

Coach
No we are not currently playing like a top 4 side... And when we consider the talent in the squad, questions need to be asked why aren't we?? We know they're capable (only team to have beaten Penrith). Someone needs to come up with answer. Is that someone the coach? I imagine it is. I'm pretty tired of captain and/or coach saying in presser's "we just didn't turn up".... That's so lame and a cop out....
Yep. A team that regularly “doesn’t turn up” is not prepared properly. I don’t know why a journalist hasn’t asked “you guys regularly say you didn’t turn up, what happens during the week that so often leads to not turning up?”

Incorrect

Coach
Yep. A team that regularly “doesn’t turn up” is not prepared properly. I don’t know why a journalist hasn’t asked “you guys regularly say you didn’t turn up, what happens during the week that so often leads to not turning up?”

Absolutely. Would love to see someone dig deeper and have them elaborate....

IFR33K

Coach
The NRL club isn’t limited to signing players from just those 3 clubs. What’s stopping Parramatta from signing players from say the St Mary’s Saints or St Clair comets?

nothing. Poo keeps telling us the junior nursery is there for everyone.
My question is if it’s there for everyone why isn’t everyone attempt to poach penriths gun juniors.

and why aren’t we able to compete with them? Our nursery is just a tad smaller than there’s. They are doing something right

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This x 10000000000000000

Cloeel

Juniors

Just because your talented does not mean you are consistently capable week in week out.

Talent, consistency and a winning culture are all very different and one doesn't automatically come with the other.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There isn’t any limits, I know of dragons/Steelers juniors who have signed with Sydney clubs before even playing NRL junior reps…..

IFR33K

Coach
Just because your talented does not mean you are consistently capable week in week out.

Talent, consistency and a winning culture are all very different and one doesn't automatically come with the other.

Well it doesn’t come at the eels after 9 years….

IFR33K

Coach
You think the upper management are doing their job adequately?

no leaks.
memberships up.
sponsors on board.
team seems to be traveling ok.
Don’t seem to be paying overs and not paying players to play elsewhere.

Where have they gone wrong?

SneakyEel

Juniors
I wonder if we are considering Tabuai-Fidow. He'd be a great signing for us in 2023 and actually provides speed and x-factor. He's stuck on the bench at Cowboys which I bet he isn't happy about. It'll also allow us to put Waqa in his better position on the wing. I also think we should enquire about Turpin. I feel his being hard done by Brisbane, think he could provide good service for us on the bench and gives us a decent option if Hodgson goes down. I don't think there's much interest in him at the moment so we could pick him up for cheap.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
no leaks.
memberships up.
sponsors on board.
team seems to be traveling ok.
Don’t seem to be paying overs and not paying players to play elsewhere.

Where have they gone wrong?
Zero premierships?
But good to hear the team is travelling ok and we’re not paying overs. I’ll let Gutho know

Latest posts