What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
WIth Reed Mahoney playing his 100th game this week for Parramatta.

Would he be the 1st Parra player in history to play 100 games for the Eels before going to the hole they call Belmore.

Jim Dymock played 112 games at Parramatta but he came from the other direction and finished his career here.

I am not sure if there is anyone else.

Andrew Ryan only played 73 games for us between 2000-2002. So he is ruled out.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Would he be the 1st Parra player in history to play 100 games for the Eels before going to the hole they call Belmore.

Jim Dymock played 112 games at Parramatta but he came from the other direction and finished his career here.

Sean Lane would be close maybe?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors

Excellent question. I’ve fired a tweet at David Middleton. See if he replies. Bobcat leaving was a real loss, way back when.

Chipmunk

Coach
Lane is on 97 games but he would be like dymock after coming from Belmore or Manly.

I am referring too 100 games for Parra then leaving to bitter rival in Belmore.

I reckon Mahoney would be first.
Are you just saying leaving for a rival after 100 games or just leaving and going to the Dogs?

Stormy36

Juniors
You got me beat then I think your absolutely right. The only other players I could think of that went from us to them would be Michael hodgson, Justin tsoulos, Chris armit and Andrew Ryan and none of them fit the criteria

Chipmunk

Coach
How many players in general would've played 100 games for the club and then went to another team in the NSWRL/NRL?

Geoff Gerard and Bob O'Reilly spring to mind, but there couldn't be many.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
I think I might as well give this it's own comment now. it's gotten larger than expected...

Corey Norman played 107 games for the club, then went to the Dragons
Dean Widders played 112 games for the club, then went to Souths
Geoff Gerard played 140 games for the club, then went to Manly
Paul Taylor played 157 games for the club, then went to the Panthers
Roy Fisher played 161 games for the club, then went to Norths
John McMartin played 167 games for the club, then went to the Sharks
Bob O'Reilly played 167 games for the club, then went to the Panthers
Ron Lynch played 194 games for the club, then went to the Panthers

The Plane played 176 games, but then went to the NFL before the Titans. Tepai Moeroa played 112 games, but went to Rugby first before the Storm.

Michael Buettner (129 games), PJ Marsh (108 games) and Jason Bell (106 games) all played more than 100 games for the club across two stints, before going to the Tigers, Broncos and the Warriors respectively.

So only 13 players in our history so far have played more than 100 games for the club and then played for another NRL/NSWRL club. There was quite a few who played over 100 games and then went to the UK though.

Reed Mahoney is set to be the first to play 100 games or more for the club and then go and play for the Dogs.

Nathan Brown has played 108 games for the club so far, he is likely to play elsewhere at this stage, but that could well be in the UK.

Eelogical

Referee
I think I might as well give this it's own comment now. it's gotten larger than expected...

Corey Norman played 107 games for the club, then went to the Dragons
Dean Widders played 112 games for the club, then went to Souths
Geoff Gerard played 140 games for the club, then went to Manly
Paul Taylor played 157 games for the club, then went to the Panthers
Roy Fisher played 161 games for the club, then went to Norths
John McMartin played 167 games for the club, then went to the Sharks
Bob O'Reilly played 167 games for the club, then went to the Panthers
Ron Lynch played 194 games for the club, then went to the Panthers

The Plane played 176 games, but then went to the NFL before the Titans. Tepai Moeroa played 112 games, but went to Rugby first before the Storm.

Michael Buettner (129 games), PJ Marsh (108 games) and Jason Bell (106 games) all played more than 100 games for the club across two stints, before going to the Tigers, Broncos and the Warriors respectively.

So only 13 players in our history so far have played more than 100 games for the club and then played for another NRL/NSWRL club. There was quite a few who played over 100 games and then went to the UK though.

Reed Mahoney is set to be the first to play 100 games or more for the club and then go and play for the Dogs.

Nathan Brown has played 108 games for the club so far, he is likely to play elsewhere at this stage, but that could well be in the UK.
So in essence, you play a 100 for the Eels and you won't win a GF elsewhere.