What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
If they ‘get it wrong’ it’s because they are required to constantly take risks with insufficient information, including after the fact. Not because they’re unaware of the risks.
So coaches never get it wrong as long as they have all the information? That’s a bold claim. I think we’re all human and can sometimes make poor decisions just because we’re human. That goes for people in all professions not just NRL coaches.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So coaches never get it wrong as long as they have all the information? That’s a bold claim.
It would indeed be a bold claim if I had said it, which is no doubt why you chose such a strawman.
I think we’re all human and can sometimes make poor decisions just because we’re human. That goes for people in all professions not just NRL coaches.
Suppose they make a poor decision, how the f**k would a nuffy like you be able to identify it? Because the coach’s team lost? Half of all teams lose every week. Does that mean half the coaches make poor decisions every week? Is that your proof that you knew better? Get your head out of your arse you arrogant merkin.

lucablight

First Grade
It would indeed be a bold claim if I had said it, which is no doubt why you chose such a strawman.
Suppose they make a poor decision, how the f**k would a nuffy like you be able to identify it? Because the coach’s team lost? Half of all teams lose every week. Does that mean half the coaches make poor decisions every week? Is that your proof that you knew better? Get your head out of your arse you arrogant merkin.
Well we’re all nuffies here so your ability to make a judgment call is no more valid than mine. I didn’t say that’s why the Cowboys lost. I was pointing out that the Cowboys looked more tired than we did (Moses actually said this) and that it’s possible having bench players that played 3 and 14 min in that climate didn’t help. I don’t see how that’s not at least plausible. I never said coaches lose because they make poor decisions every week. Believe it or not I do think sometimes two teams can play a game of rugby league and one of them just plays better than the other. I was referring to a specific set of circumstances in this one particular game.
There are plenty of nuffies who think they know more than Warren Ryan and blame him for the 89 grand final loss when he replaced Roach and Sironen. The nerve!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Nobody would. He’s probably only on about $300k now. The best he might get in 2024 is $400k.

If we're still talking about Liam Martin here, 400k would be an amazing get.
500k per year would be acceptable to me. Martin is hard as nails, and would be a brilliant edge backrower outside Moses. He runs great lines, and we may all be surprised how many line breaks he makes when outside Moses.

Ice has 12 linebreaks this year and 85 tackle breaks - he has been outstanding (Lane 6 and 56, Martin 12 and 32). But how much of that is due to the attention Moses commands with his amazing running game? (12 linebreaks - one of only 2 half-backs over 10)

Latest posts