What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Well maybe not but Sivo is a lazy merkin. Simonsen is a centre I think. Waqa I hope isn’t in the team. Russell and Dunster are extremely green.
Just think an experienced metre eater for a year would be helpful.
I still don't get the Waqa hate. His approval rating went down hill after the first semi where he failed to gather up the Cleary wobblers. Prior to that he was being applauded for his efforts on the wing. He won't be the first to drop them from Cleary, Burton or even those kick offs from Kyle Feltd and I bet that it's going to be the most practised kick in the off season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I still don't get the Waqa hate. His approval rating went down hill after the first semi where he failed to gather up the Cleary wobblers. Prior to that he was being applauded for his efforts on the wing. He won't be the first to drop them from Cleary, Burton or even those kick offs from Kyle Feltd and I bet that it's going to be the most practised kick in the off season.
Ummm no he wasn’t, he was poor most of his time on the wing. Every time the ball goes near him he’s a mistake waiting to happen. The sooner he is off the books the better.

Gronk

Staff member
Ummm no he wasn’t, he was poor most of his time on the wing. Every time the ball goes near him he’s a mistake waiting to happen. The sooner he is off the books the better.
Hmmm Id like to see the stats on that compared to his peers in our club and others. Personally I think that players get thrown in the trash by some people who are just focusing on the most recent events, convinced by their goldfish memory of the past.

Happy to be proven wrong.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hmmm Id like to see the stats on that compared to his peers in our club and others. Personally I think that players get thrown in the trash by some people who are just focusing on the most recent events, convinced by their goldfish memory of the past.

He’s horrible under the high ball, he’s an average finisher and almost the most important thing for a winger in the modern game is rucking it out from his own end and he is poor at that. Check his metres gained in the finals??? Bog average, otherwise he’s just tops!! 🥸

Gronk

Staff member
He’s horrible under the high ball, he’s an average finisher and almost the most important thing for a winger in the modern game is rucking it out from his own end and he is poor at that. Check his metres gained in the finals??? Bog average, otherwise he’s just tops!! 🥸
OK so in the absence of stats, it's your opinion.

He's under contract for 2023 and if you think he should play every game in NSW Cup, then I reckon that's dumb. He's a seasoned FG player of huge experience and everyone behind him (Dunster, Russell, Cini) are rookies. Those rookies will always go in and out of FG bc of injury and form. You can't expect any of them to just settle in as quickly as Penisini did.

hindy111

Post Whore

He would be fine if costed 200k. He is closer to 500k.

SneakyEel

Juniors
I think BA won't be making any changes to the backline apart from Opacic. Simonsson deserves the first crack at the centre spot he was quite good when he got thrown in there for a prelim and a GF. His defence was strong and his carries were good I don't think we need to recruit anyone for the backs we just need to strengthen the fowards.

hindy111

Post Whore

He was tied 2nd for most errors in the competition. His go forward ordinary and he makes average reads in defense.
I don't mind him at centre. He is a guy worth 250-300k MAX
We overpaid big time. When signed is was excited. A 4 and half year contract. Looked a guy who could become one of the too centres in game. Unfortunately he is just average. Still NRL level. But not a winger. Does not look for ball or run hard everytime. What are his possitives?

So now you've been proven wrong you can be happy as f**king Larry.
Rabbit you are

SneakyEel

Juniors
Also with the huge increase in the salary cap surely we hold onto N.Brown for one more year. He looked very strong in the World Cup and is still a good player. If we recruit Taupau our bench looks stronger than last year. A bench of 14.Carty 15. Hopgood 16. Brown 17. Taupau. I think Hopgood is going to end up taking that 13 spot.

SneakyEel

Juniors
The only back that I would be having a crack for is Paul Alamoti from the Dogs. He's going to be a future star he'll be at a similar or better level than Penisini.

Latest posts