What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
I know @hindy111 has been posting for a while about trying to lure David Fifita from the Titans.... Just thinking this arvo, I reckon the player we need from the Titans pack is Tino.... That Merkin is exactly what we need. A player whose form hasn't nosedived since leaving the Storm, a leader, a mongrel... someone who knows how to win. He needs to get away from the Titans before he ends up being Proctor MKII. I see that the Titans are close anyway to locking up Fifita on an extension.... If we could somehow get him cross, it would be huge. Wishful thinking I know.... I'd happily jettison Matterson to make it happen

we’re heavily invested in the forwards, in particular our starting pack. What we need is to secure our halves and add a back or two

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know @hindy111 has been posting for a while about trying to lure David Fifita from the Titans.... Just thinking this arvo, I reckon the player we need from the Titans pack is Tino.... That Merkin is exactly what we need. A player whose form hasn't nosedived since leaving the Storm, a leader, a mongrel... someone who knows how to win. He needs to get away from the Titans before he ends up being Proctor MKII. I see that the Titans are close anyway to locking up Fifita on an extension.... If we could somehow get him cross, it would be huge. Wishful thinking I know.... I'd happily jettison Matterson to make it happen
Fa'asuamaleaui would be one of the highest paid forwards in the game ffs. He didn't go to the Titans because he's not motivated by money. Very good player but he would be on overs for sure up there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To be fair, though, mate, we've had a few "dickheads" (albeit, many reformed ones) :

Manu Ma'u - prison
Ken Edwards - serial pest
Danny Wicks - prison
I think dickhead and ex-con aren't necessarily the same thing. In the case of Ma'u and Wicks I don't consider either of them to have been dickheads. They were model citizens while at the club (as far as we know). Kenny Edwards was definitely a dickhead, which is why he was pushed out of the club while still under contract.

You could throw Tony Williams into the genuine dickhead category from our 2018 squad
What was it a drink driving thing? Can't remember but my inclination is to categorise it more as the idiot category, or just a f**k up. I think Edwards was a more consistent dickhead at least, by a fair shot. As in he'd have played rep whilst Tony would struggle to get off the pine.

King-Gutho94

Coach
What was it a drink driving thing? Can't remember but my inclination is to categorise it more as the idiot category, or just a f**k up. I think Edwards was a more consistent dickhead at least, by a fair shot. As in he'd have played rep whilst Tony would struggle to get off the pine.

I think driving two times over the limit with your 3 children in the car makes you a genuine dickhead.

This incident was on 16th December 2017 after we signed him on November 17 & gave him another chance when no one wanted him.

He should have been sacked once the court findings were finalized in February 2018.

84 Baby

Referee
I think in context, a “dickhead” is someone who is influentially detrimental to the team being a contender. And so it’s kinda different for every team.
Scum and Queensland were/are full of people who I’d consider dickheads but because they are all similar dickheads, it’s more a driving force then one player derailing a team.