What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

the phantom menace

First Grade
Manu for sure
Imagine the conundrums at the Dally M office leading into the awards, when they don't have a "Utility of the year" award, and they have to shoehorn players into just one (their favoured/most played) position for award eligibility...

And then imagine if you actually did that for the purposes of the Squad Succession thread, so that the position labellingt made better sense 😀?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Actually, age of consent laws allow for adults to have sex with minors as long as the following conditions are true:

1. The minor is over the age of consent (16 in most states, including NSW)

2. The minor is not under the special care of the adult (who is in a supervisory role)

Personally I think the current laws are gross, and half-your-age-plus-four should be enshrined in legislation, even between consenting adults.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Actually, age of consent laws allow for adults to have sex with minors as long as the following conditions are true:

2. The minor is not under the special care of the adult (who is in a supervisory role)

Personally I think the current laws are gross, and half-your-age-plus-four should be enshrined in legislation, even between consenting adults.
That would allow a 20 year old to be with a 14 year old. I don’t think you’ve thought this through.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Also, regards to signings would anyone be against signing Klemmer and playing him at lock and moving Matto to the edge? Gives us plenty of go foward with Klemmer, Paulo, Lane, RCG, and Matterson on the field at the same time.
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Hodgson
10. Paulo
11. Lane
12. Matterson
13. Klemmer
14. F.Brown
15. Taupau
16. Hopgood
17. Murchie
Matto can move into lock later in the game and bring Murchie on the edge. I reckon that's a premiership-winning pack. Also quite mobile as well.

Personally I don't like changing second rowers unless needed or late in the game when the game is secured. If we plan on moving Matterson to the edge he should play 80 there just like Lane and Papa did in 2022.

Chipmunk

Coach

Why the plus four?

the phantom menace

First Grade

Agree with all the above.

But noting that half-age-plus-four would still make it legit now for Dylan and any 16 year old to be dating.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree with all the above.

But noting that half-age-plus-four would still make it legit now for Dylan and any 16 year old to be dating.
I don’t see the problem with it. That’s why it’s half your age plus four. It’s gross for a 30-year old to be banging a schoolgirl but Dylan Brown is only 22, virtually a child himself.