What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My mate the Cows fan who has been involved in junior reps in QLD reckons Hopgood is a real goodun, he was wrapped that he was apparently heading up to the Cows and equally disappointed when they missed out on him. He’s always had big wraps on him coming through the juniors in QLD.

He said he’s going to kill it in your pack and you should be already looking to extend him and not repeat the Ice bungle. The reports from TCT is he’s been killing it and adds an extra dimension

yy_cheng

Coach
My mate the Cows fan who has been involved in junior reps in QLD reckons Hopgood is a real goodun, he was wrapped that he was apparently heading up to the Cows and equally disappointed when they missed out on him. He’s always had big wraps on him coming through the juniors in QLD.

He said he’s going to kill it in your pack and you should be already looking to extend him and not repeat the Ice bungle. The reports from TCT is he’s been killing it and adds an extra dimension
I would take what tct says with a grain of salt.

The nrl team is verse the nsw cup team. If they cant attack well againat a nsw cup team, then they are crap.

Any amazing attacking raids against a nsw cup defense should be watered down.

The more impressive thing is when a nsw cup players does something great against the nrl team

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I would take what tct says with a grain of salt.

The nrl team is verse the nsw cup team. If they cant attack well againat a nsw cup team, then they are crap.

Any amazing attacking raids against a nsw cup defense should be watered down.

The more impressive thing is when a nsw cup players does something great against the nrl team
Well I’m just going by what my mates says, and from what I’ve seen from Hopgood he looks like a ready made first grader with a big motor and ball skills. I’d normally agree with what you’ve said about TCT but they are only backing up what I already believe. He’s going to be our buy of the year.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Well he's going straight into a vacancy in our first 13, so he'd better be killing it and up to the task! I'm hopeful and looking forward to seeing what he brings this season.

Black Panther

Juniors
I don't know about that, he certainly thinks he knows what he's doing. Penrith didn't thrive until he left because he interfered with what the coach was doing and releasing players and bringing others in against the coach's wishes. And how can a coach coach with someone looking over their shoulder all the time and critising their methods. And did he really set up their junior systems or did other people while he was there and just oversee the changes?
Matt Cameron was the brain child behind the Junior Pathways/ Centre of excellence, Gus was just the man who could make things happen

yy_cheng

Coach
Well I’m just going by what my mates says, and from what I’ve seen from Hopgood he looks like a ready made first grader with a big motor and ball skills. I’d normally agree with what you’ve said about TCT but they are only backing up what I already believe. He’s going to be our buy of the year.
I too think hopgood will be very good for us but then he couldn't really crack onto the Panthers bench and i believe they did rest their lock during games

hindy111

Post Whore
From what I have read from the Penrith forum is he is a good kid but can force the ball and be a bit error prone. Fix that and he will walk into the side.

Delboy

First Grade
Matt Cameron was the brain child behind the Junior Pathways/ Centre of excellence, Gus was just the man who could make things happen
Cameron was highly thought of at Parra building pathways,but he wanted to be heavily involved in junior recruitment and to be honest that wasn’t a strength . That disagreement led to his leaving and joining panthers, Gus came in and seemed to change his job description to pathways and COE, which worked out really well .