What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Since when has Moses ever kicked at 90%, actually make me a kicker who has. He’s around 77% his whole career. He’s a very good kicker but hardly a great one. And under pressure less so. But you right this season does have a very 2018 vibe about it. Thank f**k for the Dragons and Tigers.
Well he has nailed them in the past and as much as I don't like to say that Vossy is right, when he's hot he's hot and when he's not he's not.

I spent much of 2018/19 lamenting about all those matched that we should have won. I'm not going to do that this year. We won't win the spoon because we are actually a good side. However f**k we are inconsistent and can find a way to lose a match. Yes the draw has been shit, but if that was really a factor, then swings and roundabouts must mean that we go on a run. Doesn't look like it.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well he has nailed them in the past and as much as I don't like to say that Vossy is right, when he's hot he's hot and when he's not he's not.

I spent much of 2018/19 lamenting about all those matched that we should have won. I'm not going to do that this year. We won't win the spoon because we are actually a good side. However f**k we are inconsistent and can find a way to lose a match. Yes the draw has been shit, but if that was really a factor, then swings and roundabouts must mean that we go on a run. Doesn't look like it.
Yes not the first time i have heard Vossy mention how Moses told him his goal kicking during a game is generally flows from his first kick.

So basically if he misses his first kick it tends to lead to a poor night.

hindy111

Post Whore
Good coaching if we can improve some backups to be better than others. What’s your problem? You don’t like some of the players we have in reserve grade but you like others?
What do you reckon Murchie cost? I guessing 220-250k
The thing I am getting at is we could of saved 20k on Moimeasea.
Between the two of them that's 140k. Throw in Hodgsons 400k and there is 540k wasted.
What did we need to keep Reed? 600k ish

gaffer

Juniors
Yes not the first time i have heard Vossy mention how Moses told him his goal kicking during a game is generally flows from his first kick.

So basically if he misses his first kick it tends to lead to a poor night.
and now he has a whole 11days to practice his kicking

BenKustoFanBoy

Juniors
If we're not going to play Jake Arthur in the 7 this weekend, then you would have to wonder, why is he actually here?

I can't see Jake Arthur not being the 7 this weekend. I don't even think the question is up for debate.

It seems that he has been performing decently in Reggies. However, if he fails to deliver a strong performance, the fans are likely to demand his removal. In fact, they are already expressing their desire for him to be replaced and he has not even played.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
when he's hot he's hot and when he's not he's not.
10f840e6-b49c-42cc-8655-8e30cd568ca2.jpg

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don't think ba would have the confidence in asi to stick to the game plan and knows that ja will
Yeah Jake will play.

Jake already has a history of being a coach killer for opposition teams though.

Only game Jake won at halfback last year was against Manly and Dessie got the sack 6 weeks later and never won another game.

Forget the rainbow shit losing to a Jake Arthur led side was the final straw.

Ricky better look out this weekend.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you think we’ve been unlucky this year you need to stop rubbing your pee pee raw. We are exactly where we deserve to be. Sloppy, lazy and our attention to detail is appalling. Add in shoddy defence and being 4 from 10 in this bog average comp says plenty. But yeah it’s all bad luck and a lack of resources.
No, last year we were fairly lucky. Our ladder position was higher than our ranking on points differential. This year it’s lower. You take the good with the bad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Between the two of them that's 140k. Throw in Hodgsons 400k and there is 540k wasted.
What did we need to keep Reed? 600k ish
Mahoney is the captain and 80 minute spine player at a desperate club. There was a bidding war for his services ffs. He would be on heaps. I'd say $700k+

I doubt there was much demand for Hodgson. His old club didn't seem to want him. These guys would be fairly cheap. Obviously he was brought in to be a top 17 spine player so he'd be on more than $250k, but as you can see, our attack doesn't revolve around him, and we would've known he might not be able to play 80 minutes.

Chipmunk

Coach
Mahoney is the captain and 80 minute spine player at a desperate club. There was a bidding war for his services ffs. He would be on heaps. I'd say $700k+

I doubt there was much demand for Hodgson. His old club didn't seem to want him. These guys would be fairly cheap. Obviously he was brought in to be a top 17 spine player so he'd be on more than $250k, but as you can see, our attack doesn't revolve around him, and we would've known he might not be able to play 80 minutes.

Hodgson was in talks to go to the Tigpies up until 21 November 2021. The only stumbling block was how much the Tigpies wanted to pay for 2022 for his Faiders deal. We know what sort of stupid money they offer people...

Mahoney signs with the Dogs 4 days later...

We announce Hodgson signed with us 15 days later...

hindy111

Post Whore
Hodgson was in talks to go to the Tigpies up until 21 November 2021. The only stumbling block was how much the Tigpies wanted to pay for 2022 for his Faiders deal. We know what sort of stupid money they offer people...

Mahoney signs with the Dogs 4 days later...

We announce Hodgson signed with us 15 days later...

400k was amount most mentioned. I think itnwoukd be on the mark