What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Lomax is probably worth the risk.

We have to take a punt somewhere he has the most ability. I am sick of chasing bargain basement garbage.

He looks stale and frustrated needs a change.

A new club and team mates would do well the world of good. He was only in the NSW squad 3 years ago.

Don't get me wrong - I rate Lomax.

But I think Penisini is a better player already.

I would target Averillo, or Lomax, for our other centre spot - I'd prefer Averillo, but I wouldn't mind Lomax.

At least Lomax can reliably kick goals...

Chipmunk

Coach
Don't get me wrong - I rate Lomax.

But I think Penisini is a better player already.

I would target Averillo, or Lomax, for our other centre spot - I'd prefer Averillo, but I wouldn't mind Lomax.

At least Lomax can reliably kick goals...
Both Lomax and Averillo have shown good signs at Right Centre only. We don't need a Right Centre, and we don't need a Right Centre to play Left Centre.

We realistically need 8 wins from our final 14.

Who sees 8 wins here?

Raiders Away
Souths Away, at probably our worst performing stadium Allianz
Cowboys at Home the week before Origin
Dogs Away
Manly Home
Dolphins Away
Warriors Home the week before Origin
Titans Home
Cowboys Away
Storm Away
Dragons Home
Broncos Away
Roosters Home
Panthers Away

I think we'll beat Cowboys, Manly, Titans, Dragons at Home

I don't think we'll beat Raiders, Souths, Dolphins, Cowboys, Storm, Broncos and Panthers Away.

That for mine says the result of the Dogs Away, Roosters at Home, and Warriors at Home with no RCG and Junior, will probably be mute at the end of the day.
I see the Warriors at home as a potential win - I don't think Junior will be getting picked in Origin this year. Maybe we'll beat Dogs away post-Origin as well?

But yes, I only see five-six wins for the rest of the season there, not the required eight for chance of finals footy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Look at some guys we didn't rate who where with us.

Grieg, Makatoa,Hands. All have gone pass our recruits of Hodgson, Moimesea, Murchie. Id also say Ogden and Morretti have. Mataele by mid season is a chance to also.
Good coaching if we can improve some backups to be better than others. What’s your problem? You don’t like some of the players we have in reserve grade but you like others?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes, that is the disappointing thing. We've signed Murchie/Doorey and Mommaseeya and as soon as Bulldogs advertised a bloke like Davey who we've had on the books previously we fall over ourselves to rush in and sign him up for the best part of 2 years...
What’s your problem with Davey? He was very solid today.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Top four in attack and top eight in defence. That says we’ve been unlucky. The wins will come.
If you think we’ve been unlucky this year you need to stop rubbing your pee pee raw. We are exactly where we deserve to be. Sloppy, lazy and our attention to detail is appalling. Add in shoddy defence and being 4 from 10 in this bog average comp says plenty. But yeah it’s all bad luck and a lack of resources.

Legal Eel

Juniors
And if an average 25 year old like Waqa Blake was on $500k imagine how much Penisini would cost with all his potential!!! The merkin is still eligible for Jersey Flegg. We are probably paying him a million a year ffs!
So you agree it was monumentally dumb of Parramatta to recruit hum given his ridiculous contract amount?

Gronk

Staff member
If you think we’ve been unlucky this year you need to stop rubbing your pee pee raw. We are exactly where we deserve to be. Sloppy, lazy and our attention to detail is appalling. Add in shoddy defence and being 4 from 10 in this bog average comp says plenty. But yeah it’s all bad luck and a lack of resources.
Our form has been up and down. I’m not going to argue on that. However if the $6m man kicked at 90% like we know he can, shit would be very different.

Yes, I am very 2018 right now. Ground Hog Day, I know, so there is no need to point it out. :(

yy_cheng

Coach
I see the Warriors at home as a potential win - I don't think Junior will be getting picked in Origin this year. Maybe we'll beat Dogs away post-Origin as well?

But yes, I only see five-six wins for the rest of the season there, not the required eight for chance of finals footy.
He'll make soo 1 definitely unless injured.

They all love him and probably blame parra for his down on form

gaffer

Juniors
NO moses next week,Will the son get a run? or will the bald one try something different Maybe something like carty at 6 dylan at 7

yy_cheng

Coach
NO moses next week,Will the son get a run? or will the bald one try something different Maybe something like carty at 6 dylan at 7
In the post match conference, he said he'll decided that tomorrow but most likely it will be Jake.

Gronk

Staff member
After watching Dylan last night, no way would you want to hobble him with T5 duties and so much to think about.

I don't care who they pick, but he needs to make his tackles, shift the ball and get his kick away. If that is Jake, Hands, Asi or Hodgo then so be it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our form has been up and down. I’m not going to argue on that. However if the $6m man kicked at 90% like we know he can, shit would be very different.

Yes, I am very 2018 right now. Ground Hog Day, I know, so there is no need to point it out. :(
Since when has Moses ever kicked at 90%, actually make me a kicker who has. He’s around 77% his whole career. He’s a very good kicker but hardly a great one. And under pressure less so. But you right this season does have a very 2018 vibe about it. Thank f**k for the Dragons and Tigers.