What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
It was covid year in 2020.

He had a contract we made him honour it.

He learnt a good lesson moving forward about honouring a contract.

Seems to be players coming the other way which is a problem.

I will say Matto should have been forced to his honour his contract with you guys why did you buckle without asking for a player swap.
Same reason as Moses. Merkins

King-Gutho94

Coach
Tigers have some exciting young taelnt. On Stefano I feel epic f**k up on our behalf. This guy will play origin soon amd I reckon him and Hass will lead the blues for 5yrs+
All the Tigers need is better halves and these young kids to gain more experience and they will push for 5.
Its a tough one mate.

Do you pay him close to 400k a season on potential before he had played a FG game which then affects our cap in other areas.

If we did that could we have afforded the likes of Papali'i in 2021 and built a balanced team to get to a GF while paying Stefano on potential for the first 3 years while he developed.

At the end of the day the club wanted to keep him but the Tigers just blew us out of the water early on.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't care for ORIGIN based on we get a bunch of games now where everyone's squad is weakened.
What happened to the stand alone round?

hindy111

Post Whore
Its a tough one mate.

Do you pay him close to 400k a season on potential before he had played a FG game which then affects our cap in other areas.

If we did that could we have afforded the likes of Papali'i in 2021 and built a balanced team to get to a GF while paying Stefano on potential for the first 3 years while he developed.

At the end of the day the club wanted to keep him but the Tigers just blew us out of the water early on.

He went for 275k but. And yes he would of done Kafusi job.He was our best forward to come thru since Jnr.

emjaycee

Coach
Its a tough one mate.

And he asked us for way more than he had (at that stage) proven to be worth.

84 Baby

Referee
you know what I’d call petty? When another club signs a young prop from Parramatta and that club and the player ask for an early release so the kid can play first grade but Parra say no, keep the kid in reggies all year but then play him for the last 10mins of a couple of games. One of the most petty moves I’ve ever seen and Stefano and his family will never forget that.
We were in position to play finals that year so why would we weaken our squad?

T.S Quint

Coach
How petty is your club, won't even mention where(which club) he is going on your official site.

I know some other clubs have done similar, but is just so childish.

Welcome Joe O, you now will know what winning really feels like before you forget the team song again.

Blue and Gold never fold.

Clubs releasing players don’t mention where they are going out of respect to the new club signing them. It allows the new club to announce their new signing.

There are plenty of things to put shit on the Tigers about, but this is not one of them.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Wow if you think that is petty, you are going to have a tough time in rugba leeg.

you know what I’d call petty? When another club signs a young prop from Parramatta and that club and the player ask for an early release so the kid can play first grade but Parra say no, keep the kid in reggies all year but then play him for the last 10mins of a couple of games. One of the most petty moves I’ve ever seen and Stefano and his family will never forget that.

Joffa is now the third player that the Tigers have allowed to go to Parra early despite what Parra did to Stef. I don’t think anyone associated with Parra including fans should be throwing that stone in their glasshouse
Maybe Our Eels plan was to extend his departure in the hope they could convince him to stay? Was there a cooling off period in force back then? Dont forget they also tried very hard to get Ice to backflip which wasnt decided until close to seasons end.
Difference being you blokes have cap issues and punted a bloke who wanted to stay.

BenKustoFanBoy

Juniors
Tigers have some exciting young taelnt. On Stefano I feel epic f**k up on our behalf. This guy will play origin soon amd I reckon him and Hass will lead the blues for 5yrs+
All the Tigers need is better halves and these young kids to gain more experience and they will push for 5.
We are and had been in win now mode , nobody had time for a 400k project who might have been good and even know he still could go either way.

If we are talking about petty I'm curious to what happened with his brother and the neck injury ? I heard they basically left him on a island.

Tiger5150

Bench
Maybe Our Eels plan was to extend his departure in the hope they could convince him to stay? Was there a cooling off period in force back then? Dont forget they also tried very hard to get Ice to backflip which wasnt decided until close to seasons end.
Difference being you blokes have cap issues and punted a bloke who wanted to stay.

You know this how? This was seriously a weird situation, one Ive not known about before and as Ive said a few time, part of it make zero sense, but it was in Joffas hands, he could have stayed, the decision was his in the end.

I really dont want to go on about this much more. You guys have got a good player and an even better human. You guys will be a better team for having him regardless of what he does on the field. I really hope that it goes well for him there. Im nervous Parra will try to use him as a battering ram middle because you will all be disappointed and I dont want to see fans turn on the bloke. Best wishes to all involved.

Tiger5150

Bench
No, you don't.

Yes you do. "At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by the first Monday in November November and 29 Top 30 players by the first Monday in March and 30 Top 30 players by the first Monday in August."

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Since he left we have made the finals every year. If we’d matched other clubs’ huge offers for players we would be losing more games than we won.

emjaycee

Coach
Yes you do. "At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by the first Monday in November November and 29 Top 30 players by the first Monday in March and 30 Top 30 players by the first Monday in August."

I think the way it works is that if you have a top 30 contracted player who then leaves the club mid-season, it doesnt mean that spot in the top 30 (for the period they were there) is rescinded and MUST be replaced.
I asked the question of someone in club land when we released Nrown and was basically told that we could replace his position in the top 30, but we were not required to - his contract value would still have placed him in the highest 30 paid players.

It isnt clear to me whether the "Top 30" refers to an upper limit on the number of NRL contracted players, or more simply the 30 players paid the highest amount (and still within the overall cap limit). From what I understood in the past, there was nothing stopping a club having more than 30 players with NRL contracts, but only the highest paid 30 had their value included in the cap .