What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Innocent until proven guilty.

But he HAS been arrested over the matter.
While I want to hope this is all a nothing-burger, it certainly doesn't look good.

More to the point: how stupid are some of these guys? Broadly speaking: even if it is consensual stuff, they HAVE to know by now that anything could be claimed and they would then face the music, and quite possibly jeopardise their career.

Look at the De Belin scenario- while I am not across every detail, my understanding is charges were dropped eventually, but had he kept it in his pants, the ordeal would never have happened.

For anyone getting 500k+ at 22, they need help behaving respinsibly

Him being arrested is most likely the police just following protocol after a complaint from the Club. We will find out more information on Wednesday when it goes to court.

T.S Quint

Coach
Why? He has not been found guilty?

Should we not wait for the courts decision before talking about punishments?

NRL has shown that they will suspend players indefinitely until after the courts have made their decision. This could very well be one of those times.

T.S Quint

Coach
Him being arrested is most likely the police just following protocol after a complaint from the Club. We will find out more information on Wednesday when it goes to court.

Can you be charged with a crime (5 counts of a crime!) with just a complaint? There would have to be some sort of evidence, surely.

Tooooks

Bench
The problem is that they do have women throwing themselves at them. Gives them a false sense of who is actually interested in them and that they can just go and get whoever they want.

Remember Trump famous video, "You can do whatever you want, grab em on the pussy. They'll let you because your're famous."
Yeah fair point. I can’t imagine being in his situation when I was 22.

JokerEel

Coach
Can you be charged with a crime (5 counts of a crime!) with just a complaint? There would have to be some sort of evidence, surely.

I am no lawyer but I assume yes you can.

The club and then cops had to follow through once a complaint was made.

We shall find out more Wednesday though.

Tooooks

Bench
There will be a complainant statement, possibly witness statements, possibly CCTV. Will find out more in the morning. I’m assuming he got watch house bail and wasn’t binned overnight?

oldmancraigy

Coach

No doubt!

And hopefully it is all nothing (from a football point of view)

I wonder if there are examples of NRL players being arrested, and the whole thing being resolved within a very short time frame?

Innocent until proven guilty.

But he HAS been arrested over the matter.
While I want to hope this is all a nothing-burger, it certainly doesn't look good.

More to the point: how stupid are some of these guys? Broadly speaking: even if it is consensual stuff, they HAVE to know by now that anything could be claimed and they would then face the music, and quite possibly jeopardise their career.

Look at the De Belin scenario- while I am not across every detail, my understanding is charges were dropped eventually, but had he kept it in his pants, the ordeal would never have happened.

For anyone getting 500k+ at 22, they need help behaving respinsibly
Spot on. We keep on asking how stupid are they?! And the answer is very stupid. Surely they learn from the likes De Belin, Hayne and the list goes on.