What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stagger eel

Staff member
the irony is, we're happy to sack the merkin if things go pear shape on the field despite not having autonomy on the squad he wants?

what other head coach operates like this?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I could be reading into it too much, but being the head coach and getting overridden by the committee at the eleventh hour, isn't a good look for the coach......don't you think??

it's not a good look for everyone involved as far as I'm concerned.

it may also answer why our outside back depth is absolute gash..

imagine Bennett getting overridden for a player he wants.

Avenger

Immortal
it's not a good look for everyone involved as far as I'm concerned.

it may also answer why our outside back depth is absolute gash..

imagine Bennett getting overridden for a player he wants.
He’s still part of the committee and identifies the player he wants. I dare say he also rubber stamps every one of them. I can’t see him having a player thrust upon him. There have been some clangers this season. BA has had his Muckert/Muspratt moment this season with Murchie, Momoisea and Hodgson. The last one everyone knew was going to be diabolical except BA, the committee and the TCT boys that took that bicep photo at training.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our recruitment on the whole since MON got here has been much better but they shat the bed this season. And the like of Davey, Offa and Lussick doesn’t inspire confidence in me for 2024. Unless we can snag a high quality back.

Stagger eel

Staff member
He’s still part of the committee and identifies the player he wants. I dare say he also rubber stamps every one of them. I can’t see him having a player thrust upon him. There have been some clangers this season. BA has had his Muckert/Muspratt moment this season with Murchie, Momoisea and Hodgson. The last one everyone knew was going to be diabolical except BA, the committee and the TCT boys that took that bicep photo at training.

they were shit decisions straight out, but they were cheap and nasty signings that we thought would magically turn into daffodils....I still can't get my head round signing Jirah on a 2 year deal in about July/August last year...it was mind boggling for eveyone other than those involved at the club

hineyrulz

Post Whore
they were shit decisions straight out, but they were cheap and nasty signings that we thought would magically turn into daffodils....I still can't get my head round signing Jirah on a 2 year deal in about July/August last year...it was mind boggling for eveyone other than those involved at the club
Isn’t Mummamoasia on a 3 year deal??

That truly is one for Ripleys.

Angry_eel

First Grade
BA is done that means. I wouldn't be surprised if this move is intentional to keep us out of the finals.

We don't make the finals, board puts pressure on BA, BA leaves and we get someone the board wants.

Incorrect

Coach
Has it been mentioned anywhere that HSS was being looked at just for the rest of this season as a loan a la Nofo to the Storm last year or was it looking like being for 2024 and beyond? I'm guessing the latter if the Raiders are looking for Sanders in return before 2025.

I sound like a broken record but this is why I hate these mid-late season signings so much. HSS is not going to be the difference between us making and not making the finals this year so why so desperate to get him? And then compound it by having him on the books for next year. Might as well sit tight and see who else might become available in the coming months. Similarly, the Lussick signing. We now have 2 honest toilers at hooker but Lussick doesn't add a new dimension to our game IMO. I know we needed a back up rake but being stuck with Lussick now until of 2025 is a tad underwhelming. Also indicates to me that if we do happen to target a decent hooker next year for 2025, then Hands will be let go given his deal is only until the end of 2024 from memory. I know it all depends on how much these blokes are actually signed for and maybe they're on a pittance but the ROI is very low if not negative IMO

Last edited: