What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
It wouldn’t have happened anywhere else, regardless where were the consequences after sitting out a month? there weren’t because Brad is spineless!!
There weren’t because we lost those games and needed our best players to play. Or would you have been happy to continue to play Momoisea & Murchie to teach Matterson a lesson?

Glenneel

Bench
I get what your point is, I just think it’s a poor one as Brad Arthur has two wooden spoons since then as a head coach, while Cleary has now taken the Panthers to three premierships in a row. You can forgive the poor earlier years if success comes around, success hasn’t come around for us.
One in 2018 - when was the other?

King-Gutho94

Coach
What was your point?? Deflecting for the coach by the looks??? Hardly an apple to apple debate 2012 was Cleary’s first year at a basket case of a club. This is Bea’s 11th season, how is that even close to being comparable.
Cleary took over a mess that was left from the previous admin under Matt Elliott.

Penrith were a basketcase he rebuilt them from the bottom up.

He got to them to a prelim in his 3rd year and they beat the minor premiers in a qualifying final in the chooks.

If Gus the germ didn't have such a big ego & held the course with Cleary because of an injury crisis in 2015 instead of bringing in a dope like Griffin & waste 4 years.

3 years with Griffin & Cleary then had to spend a year cleaning up the mess Griffin & Gould left.

I reckon Penrith are winning comps way before there dynasty actually started.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Cleary took over a mess that was left from the previous admin under Matt Elliott.

He got to them to a prelim in his 3rd year and they beat the minor premiers in a qualifying final in the chooks.

If Gus the germ didn't have such a big ego & held the course with Cleary because of an injury crisis in 2015 instead of bringing in a dope like Griffin & waste 4 years.

3 years with Griffin & Cleary then had to spend a year cleaning up the mess Griffin & Gould left.

Nah Cleary is lucky and he could only starting coaching in 2020.

Gronk

Staff member
What was your point?? Deflecting for the coach by the looks??? Hardly an apple to apple debate 2012 was Cleary’s first year at a basket case of a club. This is Bea’s 11th season, how is that even close to being comparable.
Now I'm not saying that BA's time isn't up, but some of you on here (and I'm also talking to you Brent Read and Phil Rothfield as well) who are throwing hand grenades with "11 years" painted on them are very conveniently forgetting the shit show that he had to endure of Fat Tony, Ned Flanders, the salary sap dramas, the club going into administration, Max Donnelly crafting constitutional protections etc. Building the team back to a respectable competitor and making the GF 18 months ago.

I know that the smart arse retort will be "LOL he's been here 11 years of the 38 year drought." Facts are facts, that's true, but there is way more to the story and this journey.

I know I just asked to be nuked by sarcasm @hineyrulz, so hit me with it. I'm ready.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gus is a germ he may be right but he is always says he is right after the fact.

How many times has he said told you so in the past 15-20 years in the media yet anyone go and back-track if he actually said it or not.

Happens all the time come state of origin time. Gus claims to have all the solutions for NSW origin yet never wants to put his hand to coach the side.

Wtf would he know about what the culture is like at Parramatta or any other club he takes a swipe at in his media role on a weekly basis. Its just not about at Parramatta he has commentated on other rival clubs as well about similar stuff.

The bloke is a germ and channel 9 continue to be a disgrace that they continually employ him for his dribble especially while he has conflict of interest as GM of the Bulldogs.
*hindy111

JokerEel

Coach

Probably not directing all my responses to your quote.

I don't think Cleary can take all the accolades in building up the club.
He would and should of had a say in how the club develops players though any smart head coach would want to know how his production line is...

Take a look at the side that he took the the preliminary final in 2014 I can probably count 2-3 juniors..

Fast forward to 2020 there is 11-12 juniors..That's how you win and sustain being a top side

Now take a look our last game 6 juniors ..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Penrith made the finals once in three years in Cleary’s first stint. He didn’t rebuild the club, Gould did through the funding he arranged. Cleary was a BA-level failure at three clubs before he was brought back to Penrith to help them keep his son at the club.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Now I'm not saying that BA's time isn't up, but some of you on here (and I'm also talking to you Brent Read and Phil Rothfield as well) who are throwing hand grenades with "11 years" painted on them are very conveniently forgetting the shit show that he had to endure of Fat Tony, Ned Flanders, the salary sap dramas, the club going into administration, Max Donnelly crafting constitutional protections etc. Building the team back to a respectable competitor and making the GF 18 months ago.

I know that the smart arse retort will be "LOL he's been here 11 years of the 38 year drought." Facts are facts, that's true, but there is way more to the story and this journey.

I know I just asked to be nuked by sarcasm @hineyrulz, so hit me with it. I'm ready.
After 11 years he shouldnt still be dining on that meal Gronky. Whos to say Jason Taylor might not have done an even better job? We can only look at the here and now and it appears, as a club, we are going backwards at a rate of knots.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

The 11 years is irrelevant because a bunch of player contracts end every year and you have to bid for them all over again.

Legal Eel

Juniors

So if you are not saying BAs time is up, what IS your position?

no real opinion?

Latest posts