What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
and of course never pay overs.......

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
images
I don't think we've paid overs for Mitch or David Gower....Dylan is also an international winning 5/8...back in your box and concentrate on your team

hindy111

Post Whore
We paid overs for sure. But what do you do.
150k overs is bugger all for halves. And on a percentage of contract its fine. 10% Plus due to age its not an issue.

Issue for us isn't them. They are rare and hard to find. Our issue are players in position that are easier to find and not performing and at that 30yr old age. They aren't going to become better players. All out of form and due to age says who they'll regain it? Maybe for 50% of games at best.

Sivo- 500k - 200k overs
Lane 550k -250k overs
Matto 650k - 250k overs
RCG 750k 250k overs
JNR 750k 350k overs
Gutherson 800k 200k overs

King-Gutho94

Coach
150k overs is bugger all for halves. And on a percentage of contract its fine. 10% Plus due to age its not an issue.

Issue for us isn't them. They are rare and hard to find. Our issue are players in position that are easier to find and not performing and at that 30yr old age. They aren't going to become better players. All out of form and due to age says who they'll regain it? Maybe for 50% of games at best.

Sivo- 500k - 200k overs
Lane 550k -250k overs
Matto 650k - 250k overs
RCG 750k 250k overs
JNR 750k 350k overs
I may be bias by Gutho is worth 800k to us.

This week is the first game he will miss with Injury since 2018.

You can't argue his input isn't worth around 700-800k.

Soto

Bench

Sivo- 500k - 200k overs
Lane 550k -250k overs
Matto 650k - 250k overs
RCG 750k 250k overs
JNR 750k 350k overs
My view
Sivo $100k over
Lane $100k over
Matto $150k over
RCG $150k over
Jnr $100k over
Guth $100k over

hindy111

Post Whore
I may be bias by Gutho is worth 800k to us.

This week is the first game he will miss with Injury since 2018.

You can't argue his input isn't worth around 700-800k.

I can. He has been garbage this season. Running like an old man. 800k for his leadership? He can't bust the line.

hindy111

Post Whore
My view
Sivo $100k over
Lane $100k over
Matto $150k over
RCG $150k over
Jnr $100k over
Guth $100k over

If that's all the overs they are on due to our performances then where is the issue?
Lussicks junk but he'd be on maybe 250k. He isn't the issue

Soto

Bench
If that's all the overs they are on due to our performances then where is the issue?
Lussicks junk but he'd be on maybe 250k. He isn't the issue
Still $700k overs...so that's a top notch player or 2 pretty good standard players

Soto

Bench
Still $700k overs...so that's a top notch player or 2 pretty good standard players
In addition to this there was an opportunity to tell someone see you later and also sign someone of the quality of Turuva or as it's playing out Fifita...
Anyways club knows best.
I just hope we can turn things around which i think may be too late by the time we get Mitch back.
Also i hope the club goes on a signing spree at years end.
You can see dogs are going hard each of the last 3 years to shape their squad to what they want/need. We need to do the same. Some hard decisions need to be made. Not sure if the right ppl are in place to execute this

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My view
Sivo $100k over
Lane $100k over
Matto $150k over
RCG $150k over
Jnr $100k over
Guth $100k over
We could only know if we knew their contract values. I think a lot of those blokes were signed a year too long, which is most likely in exchange for a per year reduction in salary.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You know full well he was in the Australian Rugby Sevens team and only changed to League last year.
Not talking about spending 900k on Cobbo. Near equivalent risk to resigning Talagi.
So three NRL games in a year and a bit. He is obviously a beast in attack. He must be a defensive horror show.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just needs some polish.
The comparison is to Talagi who of course is a total rock in defence.
Talagi is a teenager and far more teachable than a bloke in his mid-20s. He’s also played as many NRL games despite being in SG Ball when Skelton debuted.

Either way, I wouldn’t be offering either of them a top 17 spot next year (or the money to match).

TheCrowe

Juniors
Talagi is a teenager and far more teachable than a bloke in his mid-20s. He’s also played as many NRL games despite being in SG Ball when Skelton debuted.

Either way, I wouldn’t be offering either of them a top 17 spot next year (or the money to match).
So you have Skeltons defensive stats or this is speculation?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you have Skeltons defensive stats or this is speculation?
Last I looked, Cini had good defensive stats. Maybe Skelton does too. But there has to be a reason he couldn’t get a run at the Bulldogs last year. And why they’ve bought so many blokes who can play centre.