What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
These were the things said when we lost Stefano and “nobody” knew how good he would be.

we either don’t have a system attractive enough for our good juniors to stay or we don’t value our juniors - take it as read, I know at least three kids in the junior rep teams who signed with parra as juniors because the junior system is secure and decent, but their managers and parents have actively said that if they want to take the next step they would need to move on from parra once they progress to open age.
Our pathways are absolute garbage and we couldn’t developed a turd from a well fed dogs arse………….

But but but but but we had a Clayton’s review and we are now a development club. so we should trust in the process and the people running the club they know far more than any of us so we have no right to comment or judge them. And Bea Arthur has only been here 11 seasons what do you expect him to do in such a short space of time??? It’s only been 38 years since our last GF win we should all stop being so impatient.

hindy111

Post Whore
Munster can be brilliant, more like a No 7 wearing a no 6 jersey for mine. Certainly not as good defensively as Dylbro imo.

He can also go missing and has the occasional brainf**k, he's only human I guess.

I'm pretty happy with Dylbro as when I first saw him as a junior I enver imagined he would be this good.

He is a great player but I feel.he can go missing and has never grabbed a game and won it single handed like Munster does.

lingard

Coach
he's not a natural no 7 type play maker, I agree, but he's had a fair dig at it

still the best defensive half in the NRL for mine too
He is. That's true. But with a halfback (Moses) who is a kicker and runner first and foremost, I'd prefer a traditional halfback to partner him. I still see Moses as a five-eight. I reckon we've got two five-eights. It limits the ways in which we can attack. That's why, for that first game with Sanders in, our attack looked way more dynamic.

lingard

Coach
To be fair, we already have that style of half.
Actually, I don't think we do. I think Moses' kicking game is the only thing about his game that cries 'halfback'. He isn't really an organiser. His favourite play is down the blind side; he doesn't really seem to be thinking two or three plays ahead (except to position himself for the kick); he doesn't take the line on all that often. I feel that, despite his obvious attributes, Moses is fairly limited as a half. That's why I think he needs to have a halves partner who is more creative than Drown. We often complain about our attack. I think the answer could well be a lack of creativity in our halves. Or should I say, our halves styles don't complement each other very well.

lingard

Coach
Nobody ever follows Dylbags or looks otherwise threatening around him when he runs so it’s easy for the defence to just gang up on him, if he had an actual strike centre outside him I dare say his effectiveness goes up.
Maybe we should ask ourselves why no one follows him (but they would follow someone like Munster or Hynes or Foran or Johnston).

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe not but who cares

It's about getting out infront things, I don't know if the club attempted to re sign blaize before the PO but I'm going to guess they sat their hands. A parra special
I agree that we always seem a step behind but I think as much as he’s a shitbag, Moses is one of the best player value/risk assessors in the game and a shitbag. Regardless of when we approached Talagi, he’d have stretched it out.
In fact, to sound like Pou, it’s arguable our method here was to let him approach us first to take a small degree of advantage.

Avenger

Immortal
If Blaize wants to get big money in the long term then his best option is at Parra as the long term fullback. After halves they are the biggest earners in the game.

If he is happy to play centre (which he can also do at Parra) then he can go to Saints but fullback will be out of the question because Saints are investing in Sloan.

My gut feeling is he will stay and all Isaac Moses is doing is what he does best, squeezing the Parra lemon through the media. Notice that there have been no reports of him joining the Roosters because Politis has missile lock on him or will not tolerate being used as a bargaining chip.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, I simply dont think he has shown enough to go much higher than $400k. In 3 years when his cootract was renewed, he would be our 22 year old first choice FB and could get $600k+ per year. We could also upgrade him before then if we chose to.
It’s like merkins think there’s no such thing as paying too much, or the only reason not to is because ‘accountants’ want to save money.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
if you sat blaize and his folks down in the pre season and offered him a 250k multi year deal im sure they would have been very happy.
They chose Isaac Moses to represent them, and he is obliged to present every offer to the player. If he rejected our earlier offers it was based on advice from the manager, not because we didn’t want him.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If Blaize wants to get big money in the long term then his best option is at Parra as the long term fullback. After halves they are the biggest earners in the game.

If he is happy to play centre (which he can also do at Parra) then he can go to Saints but fullback will be out of the question because Saints are investing in Sloan.

My gut feeling is he will stay and all Isaac Moses is doing is what he does best, squeezing the Parra lemon through the media. Notice that there have been no reports of him joining the Roosters because Politis has missile lock on him or will not tolerate being used as a bargaining chip.
Politis has been played too many times by Issac.

After the Suaalii defection i think Uncle nick has cut him off.

Latest posts