What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
“If”. What would be an acceptable amount to terminate a coach so many were desperate to get rid of? Wasn’t going to be zero. For better or worse the world doesn’t work that way.

The acceptable amount would be the amount his contract allowed for, nothing more, nothing less.

TheCrowe

Juniors
They are right about this being a fork in the road. We all hope things will change for the better but things could just as easily revert to the bad old days.
Its very exciting!

Chipmunk

Coach
They are right about this being a fork in the road. We all hope things will change for the better but things could just as easily revert to the bad old days.
Its very exciting!
Our results will likely improve dramatically pretty quickly once Moses and Gutho are back on deck.

Barrett has a real chance to impress pretty quickly.

If he's good enough, his chance with a decent playing group is there for the taking.

I suspect though he's had a considerable influence on the team and we've already seen he's not the man for the job.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Our results will likely improve dramatically pretty quickly once Moses and Gutho are back on deck.
Is our defence going to magically improve with T-Baz in charge.

I think our attacking shape will change and the style we play with the footy.

But i still think we may cop a few heavy defeats with our leaky defence.

Its going to take an off-season & different structures to fix it.

Chipmunk

Coach
Is our defence going to magically improve with T-Baz in charge.

I think our attacking shape will change and the style we play with the footy.

But i still think we may cop a few heavy defeats with our leaky defence.

Its going to take an off-season & different structures to fix it.
We're a team entirely based on the sum of the brilliance of the individual. If we can come up with even a modicum of tactics we'd improve quickly too.

For whatever reason the team is just incapable of playing without Gutho or Moses, so them returning just changes everyone's ability to do things they need to do.

We actually looked OK the first 3 weeks, then Moses got injured and Gutho was obviously playing busted, and as a result gone attrocious since.

My view is the only thing that has kept us in most games for the past 3-4 years has been Moses long kicking game...Unfortunately for us it's the only tactic we've had in the entire time.

We should get our Best 17 on the field for the first time since the 2022 GF in a few weeks...we'll look pretty good once that happens.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Willie is a grub.

At the 2022 GF I was at a NRL corporate function at the game and all he did on stage was bag off the parra fans up there on stage and the club before the match.

It was truly a disgrace from an NRL official function for a paid guest speaker to be taking potshots at fans was disgraceful becasue of who they support.

Sterlo was also on stage did his best to be diplomatic. But Mason was a downright disgrace.
Hard to believe considering he was a model citizen when he played.

TheCrowe

Juniors
We're a team entirely based on the sum of the brilliance of the individual. If we can come up with even a modicum of tactics we'd improve quickly too.

For whatever reason the team is just incapable of playing without Gutho or Moses, so them returning just changes everyone's ability to do things they need to do.

We actually looked OK the first 3 weeks, then Moses got injured and Gutho was obviously playing busted, and as a result gone attrocious since.

My view is the only thing that has kept us in most games for the past 3-4 years has been Moses long kicking game...Unfortunately for us it's the only tactic we've had in the entire times.

We should get our Best 17 on the field for the first time since the 2022 GF in a few weeks...we'll look pretty good once that happens.
But what will they be playing for in a few weeks? Season will be over. Big names have long contracts and players options so they are safe and may decide to jump ship.
We have 4 spots to fill. We need some players wanting to prove themselves and earn longer contacts.
And some speed FFS. Sick of watching teams run the length of the field against us untouched.

Chipmunk

Coach
But what will they be playing for in a few weeks? Season will be over. Big names have long contracts and players options so they are safe and may decide to jump ship.
We have 4 spots to fill. We need some players wanting to prove themselves and earn longer contacts.
And some speed FFS. Sick of watching teams run the length of the field against us untouched.
As a result of a lot of that we're not going to be making finals and winning Premierships, but we'll automatically just play better with the addition of Moses and Gutho.

Those two being out and/or playing injured just exposed how piss poor we are and those two pretty much kept BA employed for probably 5 years longer than he should've.