What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
read it anyway you like. I don't need someone to tell me whats right or not i have a wife that has been doing that to me for forty years
I don't think he's having a go at you. I'm actually wondering the same thing as Noise. I assume you were trying to say you wouldn't be surprised if we DO make a play for Ryles.... Am I not incorrect?

Soto

Bench
Ok...here's another left field option..Peter Wallace...fits the criteria about high performance winning culture background etc...what are ppls thoughts?
Then get someone like Cooper Cronk halves coach, get a goal kicking coach in, get a proper defense coach in...I think if not already they need to leave no stone unturned with the appointment of coaches and support staff...
I'd still throw the kitchen sink at Billy Slater, then McGuire, then Holbrook, then Wallace...Brian McDermott seems to have a very good profile as well...
I think needs to be done in the next 2-6 weeks tops to allow the incoming coach to start shaping the roster for next yr

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ok...here's another left field option..Peter Wallace...fits the criteria about high performance winning culture background etc...what are ppls thoughts?
Then get someone like Cooper Cronk halves coach, get a goal kicking coach in, get a proper defense coach in...I think if not already they need to leave no stone unturned with the appointment of coaches and support staff...
I'd still throw the kitchen sink at Billy Slater, then McGuire, then Holbrook, then Wallace...Brian McDermott seems to have a very good profile as well...
I think needs to be done in the next 2-6 weeks tops to allow the incoming coach to start shaping the roster for next yr

Just my opinion, but sacking a coach with games left, only to hire a rookie coach, makes no sense to me.

Some people have said that maybe he lost the players' faith - our season is done, and dusted, and sacking the coach wasn't going to resurrect our season.

It still makes no logical sense to me, to sack a coach at this point in time, unless you have a very good calibre of replacement coach to step in.

With Bennett off the table, who is left?

Cloeel

Juniors
Just my opinion, but sacking a coach with games left, only to hire a rookie coach, makes no sense to me.

Some people have said that maybe he lost the players' faith - our season is done, and dusted, and sacking the coach wasn't going to resurrect our season.

It still makes no logical sense to me, to sack a coach at this point in time, unless you have a very good calibre of replacement coach to step in.

Exactly.

There was no short term benefit to sacking BA - unless it meant getting Bennett for 2025 (If you believe him to be the right option).

IMO the board should have let it play out until we were no longer in contention for the finals (Whilst actively sourcing an adequate replacement for 2025)

With Moses and Gutho returning in the coming weeks, a few wins and where back amongst the right side of the table.

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly.

There was no short term benefit to sacking BA - unless it meant getting Bennett for 2025 (If you believe him to be the right option).

IMO the board should have let it play out until we were no longer in contention for the finals (Whilst actively sourcing an adequate replacement for 2025)

With Moses and Gutho returning in the coming weeks, a few wins and where back amongst the right side of the table.
It’s not easy transitioning to a new coach. It’s shit that Bennett chose Souths, so we move on. I think you do need to move the coach on during the season, the timing of course is debatable.

I am not buying the criticism that we went too late for Bennett. Penrith were first in for David Fafita and the Roosters came in last. The Roosters got him by trumping all offers, then he flipped and stayed. It’s just an example of how there are no rules or tactics in negotiations to get the desired result.

Rookie coach ? There are more assistants who came from “winning cultures” under Bennett, Robinson or Bellamy that have failed than those who have been successful. Be careful.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Exactly.

Well, there’s the player manager theory that also offers an explantion

Eelementary

Post Whore
It’s not easy transitioning to a new coach. It’s shit that Bennett chose Souths, so we move on. I think you do need to move the coach on during the season, the timing of course is debatable.

I am not buying the criticism that we went too late for Bennett. Penrith were first in for David Fafita and the Roosters came in last. The Roosters got him by trumping all offers, then he flipped and stayed. It’s just an example of how there are no rules or tactics in negotiations to get the desired result.

Rookie coach ? There are more assistants who came from “winning cultures” under Bennett, Robinson or Bellamy that have failed than those who have been successful. Be careful.

Kearney came from a winning culture - that worked ot great for us!

The Predictor

Juniors

I’m happy the process has begun, like most

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dont care what anyone says. Employ Ray Price as the motivatonal coach. Have him talk to the players before every game. Plus he will be waiting in the sheds after every game. Who would be game to not put in?
The guys a warrior!

lives 1,000 ks away from Parra and not in the best of health, his best days are probabaly behind him

Delboy

First Grade
Making the change now is in the best interest of the club going forward.

whoever they appoint will have the same start that Fitzgibbon did at the Sharks and even Flanagan at the Dragons, which seemed to work well for the new coach. An opportunity to review current roster, get ahead of the curve on looking at signings, appoint assistants and recruiting personnel and plan the pre season program.

BA did a terrific job taking the club from what was the pits to a competitive position and a GF, , sometimes the well runs dry and there’s a need to reset. It’s now up to hierarchy to appoint a coach suited to the our needs and support him accordingly.