What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Not hard to be an edge player in under 18’s……..

BTW, not true, wasn’t BA….it was Robinson who first turned him into a middle....

etc etc etc
FFS

JokerEel

Coach

BTW, not true, wasn’t BA….it was Robinson who first turned him into a middle....

etc etc etc

Did play a fair bit on the front row.
1716370766235.png

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Turns 22 in a couple of months (Charlie that is).
Was talking with Toni Mataele a few weeks ago - he is nearly finished rehab and looks like a friggen beast.
Don't know anything about Latu.

How old is he?

Any info on W.Latu? He looks a potential physical weapon. So did Mataele though.

Charlie is only 20 this year, unless we were cheating in SG ball last year where he was captain....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Moretti came to the club having played jnr kangaroos and wallabies...
Was a backrower and centre in union..how do i know this..one of his mates is my client....another BA tried to turn into a middle forward...
That’s because the middle is the easiest place on the field to defend. The gaps are smaller and help is nearby. You just need to get your body in front and hang on until a teammate arrives.

Moretti is in his mid twenties and not even in the top thirty. He is in low demand, from the entire NRL.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Was a centre in younger days so I think they want him on the edge when he comes into FG. Been playing edge and lock in reggies as it is better for developing broader skills sets when coming up against grown men at a younger age (he is only 21).
Didn’t he play SG Ball last year? That would make him 20 this year at most.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

etc etc etc
Yep, he’s a lightweight middle with good speed. To be a genuine first grader he would also need a high work rate.

parra pete

Referee
Kiwi international Isaiah Papali’i is set to ignite the NRL transfer market after the Tigers back-rower was granted permission to leave the club with rival clubs set to circle.

It is understood that Papali’i is free to leave the Tigers at the end of this season which will spark a market frenzy with clubs already sounding out the 25-year-old whose $650,000 contract with the Tigers was due to expire at the end of next season.

Discussions heated up at Magic Round in Brisbane last weekend with clubs knowing that Papali’i has now joined the open market.

It means the likes of Penrith, Manly and Canterbury could pounce on Papali’i with the Panthers still on the look-out to fill the void created by James Fisher-Harris’ impending departure to the Warriors and the unsuccessful pursuit of David Fifita.

The Roosters’ Angus Crichton is the other marquee back-rower also a free agent. What is clear though, is that Papali’i’s time at the Tigers is set to come to a premature end.

He had joined the club amid much fanfare having originally signed a three-year contract to play under Michael Maguire. Papali’i will last just two seasons with the Tigers cutting him free from the final year of his deal.

While Papali’i was signed by Maguire he was never able to play for his former Kiwi Test coach. He played his first year under Tim Sheens before Benji Marshall took charge this year. Papali’i had been touted as a marquee signing for the Tigers given the success he had during two seasons at Parramatta where he won Dally M second rower of the year in 2021 which was followed by a grand final appearance the next season.

However he has not been able to replicate that same success at the Tigers. Papali’i missed the Tigers last-start loss to the Dolphins but returns to the starting team to play the Cowboys in North Queensland.

Latest posts