What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He is a risk if he can't deliver.

If @Poupou Escobar said it's OK for a coach to be potentially shit because we've been shit in 2023/24, the masses would gang up on him even more.

The benchmark has been set. We wanted Wayne Bennett. Now we need to find an alternative in his calibre or as close as possible.
Our benchmark has been Bea Arthur the last 11 seasons, hardly a high water mark.

Cloeel

Juniors
Yeah there are 25 Wayne Bennett's out there.

Should be easy.

Cheika is as close to Bennett that you can find in the current landscape when it comes to managing players a leader of men and getting them up for big games.

Bennett is no tactical genius in fact he is the complete opposite he let's his assistants do the technical coaching while Bennett controls the mental prep for the players.

For those worried about the pathways with Cheika well last time I thought that was HOF and recruitment officers job was getting a system in place to bring them up into first grade. Clearly they have failed so unless there is change there the HC can only work with what he has got.

Has Wayne Bennett help deliver any pathways in the past 20 years it's not the coaches job.

Cheik would rally the Parra community unlike many coaches we have seen before.

Imagine the extra corporates that will be keeping an eye on the potential with Cheika in charge. He has the potential to change the sporting landscape and putting a further gap between League and Union like ever before If he does come and becomes a success.

I voted for Cheika in the poll..

Why not go against the grain and try something new.

He would have plenty of life experience. Seems to have that Father figure energy about him.

However I do think the board will opt for someone already in the NRL system.

Gronk

Staff member
Bullshit... we didn't want Wayne Bennett until we thought he was available (as an outside chance) and our approach to him in early May became a public rumour.

Just because we didnt get him doesn't mean everyone else is second choice... or do you treat your wife as your second choice because you didn't marry Elle McPherson (or whomever your fantasy woman was at the time)?
The timing of when we bid for Bennett seems to be an issue for some, but not me. The Roosters made an 11th hour bid for Fafita in an attempt to sweep him off his feet and it worked (well until he changed his mind). That's how some people do business and secure their deals. It really doesn't matter to me if the way it played out was intentionally last minute or not.

I never said that the next coach up is second choice or implied otherwise. I said (replying to Gazza) that we need a high calibre coach and not one that if he doesn't work out "oh well we have lost nothing because we were shit in 23/24, so we just continued to be shit". That makes no sense.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I voted for Cheika in the poll..

Why not go against the grain and try something new.

He would have plenty of life experience. Seems to have that Father figure energy about him.

However I do think the board will opt for someone already in the NRL system.
I started the cheika push 8 weeks ago before BA was even sacked.

I don't mind Hannay.

But the Cheik is the man if you want a leader to embrace the challenge of tackling the longest premiership drought.

In fact I reckon Cheika would embrace the fact even more we haven't won in a long time.

The harder the challenge the tougher the leader you need.

The Cheik is the man you want.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah there are 25 Wayne Bennett's out there.

Should be easy.

Cheika is as close to Bennett that you can find in the current landscape when it comes to managing players a leader of men and getting them up for big games.

Bennett is no tactical genius in fact he is the complete opposite he let's his assistants do the technical coaching while Bennett controls the mental prep for the players.

For those worried about the pathways with Cheika well last time I thought that was HOF and recruitment officers job was getting a system in place to bring them up into first grade. Clearly they have failed so unless there is change there the HC can only work with what he has got.

Has Wayne Bennett help deliver any pathways in the past 20 years it's not the coaches job.

Cheik would rally the Parra community unlike many coaches we have seen before.

Imagine the extra corporates that will be keeping an eye on the potential with Cheika in charge. He has the potential to change the sporting landscape and putting a further gap between League and Union like ever before If he does come and becomes a success.
Yeah! What he said!

Incorrect

Coach

I don't mind Hannay.

But the Cheik is the man if you want a leader to embrace the challenge of tackling the longest premiership drought.

In fact I reckon Cheika would embrace the fact even more we haven't won in a long time.

Are we sure Cheika manages himself??

Cause I think I've found someone who wants the job!! And his name is King-Gutho94!!!!!!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
The timing of when we bid for Bennett seems to be an issue for some, but not me. The Roosters made an 11th hour bid for Fafita in an attempt to sweep him off his feet and it worked (well until he changed his mind). That's how some people do business and secure their deals. It really doesn't matter to me if the way it played out was intentionally last minute or not.

I never said that the next coach up is second choice or implied otherwise. I said (replying to Gazza) that we need a high calibre coach and not one that if he doesn't work out "oh well we have lost nothing because we were shit in 23/24, so we just continued to be shit". That makes no sense.
So you want Maguire. Ok got ya. Im assuming you mean high calibre NRL coach cause the pom aint one of those. And if you just mean high calibre coach then Cheika fits the bill.
Anyway.
Like MJC said. We need change more than anything and we is about to gets that.

Zoso

Juniors

I don't mind Hannay.

If I take everything people say about Cheika at face value, I like the idea of giving him a go, assuming we surround him with upgrades on Murph.
Wonder who would want to join him? Would it not be the case the other candidates have a network of potential assistants whereas Cheika may not?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I just want Parramatta to be great again.

There would be some players and staff that wouldn't last 5 mins under my regime.

The Murph will be a delicate balance though having a fully qualified water boy is an important role to have.
The Murph got a reference in TCT today. Apparently they did a poddy with him when BA declined some time ago. Like Ryles I dont think Ive ever heard The Murph talk. Probably worth a listen.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If I take everything people say about Cheika at face value, I like the idea of giving him a go, assuming we surround him with upgrades on Murph.
Wonder who would want to join him? Would it not be the case the other candidates have a network of potential assistants whereas Cheika may not?
Lets be honest head coaching is 90% management 10% tactics.

If you have the right staff behind you then all you have to worry about is getting the players in the right frame of mind.

BA's biggest issue was his inability to attract quality assistant coaches. The theory was he saw them as threat hence why he surrounded himself with some garbage.

How many assistant coaches under BA have gone on to be successful at other clubs.

Gronk

Staff member
So you want Maguire. Ok got ya. Im assuming you mean high calibre NRL coach cause the pom aint one of those. And if you just mean high calibre coach then Cheika fits the bill.
Anyway.
Like MJC said. We need change more than anything and we is about to gets that.

No I don't rate Maguire at all. I watched Tigertown. No thanks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Every coach is a risk, dare I say it even Bellamy wouldn't be guaranteed to get us a premiership.
I don’t think the risk is measured by the likelihood of not winning a premiership. They just need a better record than Arthur’s 51% or even better, his 58% win rate under the current board.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
For those worried about the pathways with Cheika well last time I thought that was HOF and recruitment officers job was getting a system in place to bring them up into first grade. Clearly they have failed
Who’s failed? We currently have five blokes from last year’s SG Ball team playing against grown men. That’s a good indicator.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who’s failed? We currently have five blokes from last year’s SG Ball team playing against grown men. That’s a good indicator.
High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

Latest posts