What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
I fear that Cheika will be way to much power, presence and intelligence for our board of peanuts to have the balls to hire. He would be laying down the law quick smart and as soon as he sees the imbecilic setup and fool/s in charge of our R and R and pathways he would be demanding changes which would ruffle quite a few feathers if you asked me.

They will go for the easy and controllable option and appoint Ryles or Hannay. Neither of which will be senior enough to lay down the law to these under performing ne'erdowells.

That's why they kept Potates for so long. Just coached and didn't rock the boat. All good in Parra-dise

Gronk

Staff member
I fear that Cheika will be way to much power, presence and intelligence for our board of peanuts to have the balls to hire. He would be laying down the law quick smart and as soon as he sees the imbecilic setup and fool/s in charge of our R and R and pathways he would be demanding changes which would ruffle quite a few feathers if you asked me.

They will go for the easy and controllable option and appoint Ryles or Hannay. Neither of which will be senior enough to lay down the law to these under performing ne'erdowells.

That's why they kept Potates for so long. Just coached and didn't rock the boat. All good in Parra-dise

So how do you explain trying to get Bennett ? He's no wallflower.

TheRam

Coach
So how do you explain trying to get Bennett ? He's no wallflower.

OK for the dumb dumbs...

At this stage of Bennett's career, Bennett doesn't come in and demand top to bottom changes for pathways or club setups. He just wants a decent current roster to work with and then he will coach for the 2 or 3 seasons he will be there and then he will vamoose like he has been doing, then leaving the club to deal with the fallout for themselves.

If anything it makes him look even better in a way because people then say that look at how well X club did while Bennett was in charge and now how sh*t they are without him.

As for recruitments if needed to strengthen the roster of any deficiencies while he is there, well as we all have seen and know, he has little trouble convincing decent players to jump on board while he is there. Sure he misses out on some, but he gets enough to keep his roster at least decent and a semis contender.

Gronk

Staff member
OK for the dumb dumbs...

At this stage of Bennett's career, Bennett doesn't come in and demand top to bottom changes for pathways or club setups. He just wants a decent current roster to work with and then he will coach for the 2 or 3 seasons he will be there and then he will vamoose like he has been doing, then leaving the club to deal with the fallout for themselves.

If anything it makes him look even better in a way because people then say that look at how well X club did while Bennett was in charge and now how sh*t they are without him.

As for recruitments if needed to strengthen the roster of any deficiencies while he is there, well as we all have seen and know, he has little trouble convincing decent players to jump on board while he is there. Sure he misses out on some, but he gets enough to keep his roster at least decent and a semis contender.

Wow, it sounds like you know Wayne Bennett. Thanks for the insight.

Zoso

Juniors
Lets be honest head coaching is 90% management 10% tactics.

If you have the right staff behind you then all you have to worry about is getting the players in the right frame of mind.

BA's biggest issue was his inability to attract quality assistant coaches. The theory was he saw them as threat hence why he surrounded himself with some garbage.

How many assistant coaches under BA have gone on to be successful at other clubs.
Agree, it’s been pointed out by many that Bennett is no tactical genius.
I often see an ex assistant in my area, kick myself I’ve never asked him about his time under BA!

Rocket man

Juniors
K
If I take everything people say about Cheika at face value, I like the idea of giving him a go, assuming we surround him with upgrades on Murph.
Wonder who would want to join him? Would it not be the case the other candidates have a network of potential assistants whereas Cheika may not?
Kidwell

Gronk

Staff member
We'd all respect you more of occasionally admitted to being wrong. Same as Pou.
I'm always getting things wrong. No shame in that.

Life goals: I want the mean girls to respect me ?

giphy.gif

Latest posts