What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

RustedonEel

Juniors
We couldn’t offer top 17 money because our books are full. Harper was the only merkin willing to come and be a backup.
Broncos

Josiah Karapani

Raiders

Bulldogs

Bronson Xerri

Stephen Crichton

Connor Tracey

Blake Taafe

Sharks

Michael Gabrael

Dolphins

Herbie Farnworth

Jake Averillo

Junior Tupou (2025)

Titans

Harley Smith-Shields

Sea Eagles

Tommy Talau

Jaxson Paulo

Storm

Knights

Will Price

Tom Jenkins

Cowboys

Viliami Vailea

Panthers

Daine Laurie

Paul Alamoti

Dragons

Corey Allan

Christian Tuipulotu

Roosters

Dominic Young

Michael Jennings

Mark Nawaqanitawase (2025)

Warriors

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Tigers

Solomon Alaimalo

Solomona Faataape

Justin Olam

They're not ALL on top 17 money and definitely would'nt have been during the off season and prior.

84 Baby

Referee
It’s probably the recession we had to have. Or were going to have after we “rewarded” players for their “achievements” in 2022.

2023 was like we slipped a gear, spun out onto gravel and now couldn’t be f**ked pushing it back onto track so have to walk back to pits and buy a new car.

Gronk

Staff member
It’s probably the recession we had to have. Or were going to have after we “rewarded” players for their “achievements” in 2022.

2023 was like we slipped a gear, spun out onto gravel and now couldn’t be f**ked pushing it back onto track so have to walk back to pits and buy a new car.

Was Sandow driving that car ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So our attack is better than our defence. And in the five games Moses played in, we’ve scored 24.8ppg, which puts us sixth best. That’s despite four of those five games being against the best defensive side, the third best defence and the second best twice.

crazy straw GIF

So our attack is better than our defence. And in the five games Moses played in, we’ve scored 24.8ppg, which puts us sixth best. That’s despite four of those five games being against the best defensive side, the third best defence and the second best twice.
What's our ppg attacking average in games where Hands and Moses played for 80mins, versus games where Moses played and Lussick was involved...?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
For some reason I watched 2009 Eels/ Dogs on Saturday.

Seeing the relentless attacking of Idris was beautiful to watch. Clear strategy and paid great dividends

Obviously grilled to stick to a plan.

I don't recall our team in recent years focussing on working over a particular weak point in the opposition line in such obvious fashion

Reed mahoney when we played the dogs first time. We targeted him with the ball and when he had the ball we'd slap at his arms as he takes 2 steps from dummy half before passing. This is a very obvious one, I'm sure if I sat down and watched as intently you did with this game I could come up with more.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Reed mahoney when we played the dogs first time. We targeted him with the ball and when he had the ball we'd slap at his arms as he takes 2 steps from dummy half before passing. This is a very obvious one, I'm sure if I sat down and watched as intently you did with this game I could come up with more.
That game was personal last year.

The game plan wasnt hard they all knew Reed's flaws as a player.

Even Sivo ran harder at him.

84 Baby

Referee
For some reason I watched 2009 Eels/ Dogs on Saturday.

Seeing the relentless attacking of Idris was beautiful to watch. Clear strategy and paid great dividends

Obviously grilled to stick to a plan.

I don't recall our team in recent years focussing on working over a particular weak point in the opposition line in such obvious fashion
We’ve had it done twice to us this year (maybe more I’ve blanked out). Harper vs Smugs (and that happened mid game - something I can’t recall us ever doing) and Asi last week.
The closest I think we’ve come this year was making Cunster make a couple of tackles in quick succession which led to him tearing his penis

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Broncos

Josiah Karapani

Raiders

Bulldogs

Bronson Xerri

Stephen Crichton

Connor Tracey

Blake Taafe

Sharks

Michael Gabrael

Dolphins

Herbie Farnworth

Jake Averillo

Junior Tupou (2025)

Titans

Harley Smith-Shields

Sea Eagles

Tommy Talau

Jaxson Paulo

Storm

Knights

Will Price

Tom Jenkins

Cowboys

Viliami Vailea

Panthers

Daine Laurie

Paul Alamoti

Dragons

Corey Allan

Christian Tuipulotu

Roosters

Dominic Young

Michael Jennings

Mark Nawaqanitawase (2025)

Warriors

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Tigers

Solomon Alaimalo

Solomona Faataape

Justin Olam

They're not ALL on top 17 money and definitely would'nt have been during the off season and prior.
No they’re not all on top 17 money, but the ones able to make a difference at our club all would be.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
What are our thoughts on Simmonson? Obviously he’s off contract… he’s also done his ACL. He’s clearly not going to be as good next season as this one. So if we re-sign him it’s likely to yes be cheaper or cheap enough, but we won’t be getting the same thing out of him in 2025. Re-sign or ditch?

King-Gutho94

Coach
What are our thoughts on Simmonson? Obviously he’s off contract… he’s also done his ACL. He’s clearly not going to be as good next season as this one. So if we re-sign him it’s likely to yes be cheaper or cheap enough, but we won’t be getting the same thing out of him in 2025. Re-sign or ditch?
Keep for next year as depth i would say.

I doubt any club would be offering him anything now.

Noise

Coach
Only if he takes 200k. No way I'd be paying him anything more after his torn ACL