What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

the phantom menace

First Grade
f**king "net is not gross" you absolute clown. You're not good at anything, including bullshitting.
Ah diddums, someone is disagreeing with you on the interwebs - and you get so angry about it... lol.

chris crocker crying GIF

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.
I thought that was how it worked so am not sure why someone would claim that lack of spending since Covid is proven by our bad cap management and the signing of lengthy contracts. I can't see how they correlate.

Might still be me missing something obvious though.

a sarcasm emoji ?

Glenneel

Bench
Not just the cap but 30% or more on top . To the people saying winning isn’t the primary goal of a sports team have a look at broncos numbers from the spoon year to last year ! Success on the field will bring success off it
Exactly, just look at our results. During the bad times our footy club (not Leagues which is a different beast) spent $10m more than it earned - now when we're moderately successful we make a profit each year. I assume our best year, 2022, we probably made more money than last year and this year will also be poor compared to 2022. So money follows success.

And the board even contemplating Barrett as coach is an embarrassment considering his previous stints. Let another club determine if he has improved or stay as an assistant here if new coach so determines.

Glenneel

Bench
Can you blokes honestly give it a rest FFS?!

Trying to argue over who said what or what you meant by something is like listening to children.

I’ve got a rare super Saturday at the pub with the boys and am in a good mood don’t f**king test me!
Do what I do, if somebody replying to Pou or Pou replying to them just move to next post. Easy, and saves time otherwise you'll be bored to death.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You don't know what you're talking about.

Interesting you resort to personal insults...

I've offered to help you with this in the past. I believe the only caveat is that you have to ask nicely.
It comes across as you just trolling and not being interested in learning anything
I'm making the reasonable assumption that while the amount of 'football related expenses' differs each year, the definition remains the same.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you go back and check every single game they’ve won this season there’s only one team they’ve beaten where they had less possession than the opposition team. That was us last week. So if you go off that trend then if the Bulldogs have less possession, complete at 67% and have a man sent to the sin bin then it’s a game they had no right to win.
Teams sometimes win games they 'have no right to win'. It's part of the normal range of outcomes. There's no point pissing your knickers over it.
You don’t just get to handwave those factors away and say but they have the second best defence!
Except they do, and without those disadvantages they might've belted us like we belted them in round one.
Maybe if it was a game of equal possession and completion then you could make a case for that being the differentiating factor but that’s not what happened.
But teams rarely have equal possession, even over a season's worth of games. One reason is that they each place differing importance on it. Teams with quality defence can take more risks with the ball while weaker defensive teams can't afford to. Teams with good run game through the middle don't need to throw as many passes to break the line so they will (or can) complete higher. Teams without it (e.g. Canterbury) need to shift the ball, reducing their completion rate over a large enough sample. Some teams just lack composure.
If you’re going to concede that we were trying to score on every play when we didn’t need to and that’s why we lost then that’s a concession that our attack wasn’t good enough.
No, we know our attack was good enough because we were winning at that point. We were taking unnecessary risks because we lacked composure.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can you blokes honestly give it a rest FFS?!

Trying to argue over who said what or what you meant by something is like listening to children.

I’ve got a rare super Saturday at the pub with the boys and am in a good mood don’t f**king test me!
I had the merkin on ignore, he didn't get the hint, so now I won't stop until he admits his dick is only the second smallest around here.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm making the reasonable assumption that while the amount of 'football related expenses' differs each year, the definition remains the same.

That's a wonderful assumption

It's on the PFS though... so the underlying numbers may be from multiple categories, someone of which may have been impacted by external sources, making them net higher or lower (that's the start of an explanation and you didn't even ask nicely)