What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
To be taken with a grain of salt at this stage, but interesting none the less. He doesn’t seem interested, even when he scored…
IMG_4870.jpeg

JokerEel

Coach
I think Gutherson may be cooked. He is also on $950k next year. I’d be going to the UK if I was him. Whatever happens I think next season could be his last.

Gutho needs to take a 4 week break after each game...
He usually comes back and Brains in for that one game...

We need a new voice in leadership at the club..

Look how Crighton has turned the dogs around this year with his leadership.. The media is in love with it!

Delboy

First Grade
Obviously the option clauses agreed to by the recruitment team are working well. Guess we wait and see on the other multiple options out there.

Avenger

Immortal
Gutho needs to take a 4 week break after each game...
He usually comes back and Brains in for that one game...

We need a new voice in leadership at the club..

Look how Crighton has turned the dogs around this year with his leadership.. The media is in love with it!
I’d be giving Hopgood the captaincy. My second choice would be Moses. Leadership and captaincy shouldn't be associated with Paulo.

Gronk

Staff member
Obviously the option clauses agreed to by the recruitment team are working well. Guess we wait and see on the other multiple options out there.
Option clauses give the player a sense of being an Eel for life. It develops a mindset that it woukd be hard to walk away from family. The alternative was a vanilla 3 year deal.

Options can backfire if the player becomes garbage, which is hardly going to happen with Dylan, notwithstanding the bagging he gets on here from some.

Avenger

Immortal
Having player options is smart business apparently.

Parra always leading the way in how to run a successful football team.
The WA gimp explained that ad nauseam. Fiscally it’s better for us, apparently. If he takes up his option it means no other merkin wanted him so it must be cheaper.

It’s like buying that purple car at the used car yard that’s been on sale forever.

Avenger

Immortal
Option clauses give the player a sense of being an Eel for life. It develops a mindset that it woukd be hard to walk away from family. The alternative was a vanilla 3 year deal.

Options can backfire if the player becomes garbage, which is hardly going to happen with Dylan, notwithstanding the bagging he gets on here from some.
I can’t believe people are critical of a player being convicted with an indictable offence.

JokerEel

Coach

It also makes our roster look good for that year but the year he could or could not take up the option will make our roster dictate to him..

Delboy

First Grade

Of course , he signs options and leaves after 2 or 3 years thanks to the clauses , or he signs for 3 years ummm.

Cmon Gronk , you been drinking the same holy water that our WA poster does,

Gronk

Staff member
Hasn’t been the same player since.
Well to be fair, he played 4 games last year after his suspension and 2 of those were at halfback.

This year he has played 14 games and 8 of thise have been at halfback.

So that’s 18 games and 10 have been out of position. This year he been 5/8 in Rnds 1,2,3 and 13,14,15.

Gronk

Staff member
Of course , he signs options and leaves after 2 or 3 years thanks to the clauses , or he signs for 3 years ummm.

Cmon Gronk , you been drinking the same holy water that our WA poster does,
I am not sure what you prefer ? A 10 year contract?

Gronk

Staff member
Who said anything about 10 years, you are about as sensible as Chris Bowen and offshore wind farms with that. The comment was purely about your post, anyway if he leaves like all clubs we have to recruit again or promote internally. Lucky we have an elite R&R team 🤔
Huh ? Ok rewind. You don’t like the 3+2+2 option or however it is set up. What do you prefer we did ?