What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
NRL are the joke for allowing him to hold the two roles. I’d like Annesley to come out and discuss that one. I find it ludicrous it hasn’t been raised as a bigger issue by clubs
He’s one of the best and most insightful commentators. It’d be a huge loss to not have him on our screens. He’s not going to be the only media personality who has biases. Most of them are.

EelEtric

Juniors
^^^

Bunker referee Adam Gee reviewed the incident but decided the contact was not high on Martin, and ruled no penalty. But Gee did not determine whether the tackle was late on the halfback, which NRL football boss Graham Annesley said it was.

fmd, if it wasn't high contact, how come his jaw was broken ?
Salmon broke his jaw, not Martin.

84 Baby

Referee
He’s one of the best and most insightful commentators. It’d be a huge loss to not have him on our screens. He’s not going to be the only media personality who has biases. Most of them are.
Huge difference between a commentator having a bias and an administrator having a platform to spruik his agenda.
He can actively talk up or down a player/coach that he may then have negotiations with. You don’t see a problem with that?
He regularly tries to steer rule interpretations under the guise that “football has lost its way”.
He creates media pressure that certain players deserve recognition. That’s pretty similar to the Arko/Fulton Manly years.
He provides an added avenue for sponsors to get their names out (although I reckon Nine at least have put the kibosh on that).
It’s f**ked up.
I don’t care if he’s a commentator or administrator, but he shouldn’t be both.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bea Arthur was still coaching him when he praised the shit out of Cheika.

Gee it’s been a real bad year for you mate.
Wasn’t Cheika looking for a job, just like Barrett? Moses is a good bloke who looks after his mates. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember when Johns came in as a consultant, before he was yet another in a long line of consultants and assistant coaches moved on, Moses said that its the first time he'd ever been coached in half back play.
Arthur left no stone unturned to unlock Moses’ potential. Turned him from a downhill skiier to an Origin halfback.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wasn’t Cheika looking for a job, just like Barrett? Moses is a good bloke who looks after his mates. There’s nothing wrong with that.
Moses said that after he coached him in the WC, nothing to do with job hunting. Wrong so wrong again. Real bad for you mate real bad year.