What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Correct,

I think we will see these same players putting in strong performances due to a different off season and some quality people around the squad.

Don't get me wrong we have had quality people now and again but they always seemed to move on to other things, yet the average ones remain.
I'd love to agree but I really can't see any future improvement in Lane or Paulo.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Cartwright unclear where Eels future lies under Ryles​

Bryce Cartwright has openly declared his desire to stay at Parramatta despite being given no assurances from incoming Eels coach Jason Ryles that he remains in the club's plans.

Ryles has already begun work with the Eels in the background after being granted a release from Melbourne earlier this month.

One of the big tasks facing the in-bound Parramatta coach is righting the club's salary cap and offloading some of the club's best-paid stars.

Ryan Matterson, Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Maika Sivo have been linked with moves away from the Eels despite all being contracted for the next 12 months at least.

Back-rower Cartwright, who revived his NRL career under ousted Eels coach Brad Arthur, is in a similar boat and said he had yet to be told by Ryles if he had a place at Parramatta beyond the end of this season.

"I love it here and love the group," Cartwright said on Monday.

"I don't know what's going to happen next year, I haven't had any contact (with Ryles).

"But we're just trying to improve ourselves through these last six games.

It's obviously frustrating … but we need to focus on this year. We can't worry about next year. You've got to focus on each day as it comes. We just want to see some results and end the year with a smile."

Asked if he was surprised that Ryles hadn't reached out to him, Cartwright said: "It's not surprising, he'll call me if he needs me."

The uncertainty over the future of Cartwright and several of his teammates comes as the Eels face scrutiny over signing five-eighth Dylan Brown on a long-term deal.

Brown has a contract with the Eels until the end of 2025.

But his deal also has an option inserted which allows him to consider offers from rivals or take up a extension which would keep him at Parramatta until the end of 2031.

The New Zealand international has struggled to cover for the injury-enforced absences of Mitchell Moses and has close ties with Arthur, who has been linked with taking charge of a prospective Perth franchise.

"He (Arthur) might go there (to Perth) with his wife, she's from there," Brown said.
"If he does that then it'd actually be really cool…After my 20-year contract ends, I might go over there.
"We signed a long contract for security reasons.

"There are clauses in there in my favour which is a positive, but I don't think anyone needs to worry about what happens.

"I guess they were put in for injury security, so touch wood (nothing happens).

"It was a good deal on my behalf. I know there have been some bad talks about it for the management of Parramatta, but (people shouldn't worry)."

Avenger

Immortal

Cartwright unclear where Eels future lies under Ryles​

Bryce Cartwright has openly declared his desire to stay at Parramatta despite being given no assurances from incoming Eels coach Jason Ryles that he remains in the club's plans.

Ryles has already begun work with the Eels in the background after being granted a release from Melbourne earlier this month.

One of the big tasks facing the in-bound Parramatta coach is righting the club's salary cap and offloading some of the club's best-paid stars.

Ryan Matterson, Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Maika Sivo have been linked with moves away from the Eels despite all being contracted for the next 12 months at least.

Back-rower Cartwright, who revived his NRL career under ousted Eels coach Brad Arthur, is in a similar boat and said he had yet to be told by Ryles if he had a place at Parramatta beyond the end of this season.

"I love it here and love the group," Cartwright said on Monday.

"I don't know what's going to happen next year, I haven't had any contact (with Ryles).

"But we're just trying to improve ourselves through these last six games.

It's obviously frustrating … but we need to focus on this year. We can't worry about next year. You've got to focus on each day as it comes. We just want to see some results and end the year with a smile."

Asked if he was surprised that Ryles hadn't reached out to him, Cartwright said: "It's not surprising, he'll call me if he needs me."

The uncertainty over the future of Cartwright and several of his teammates comes as the Eels face scrutiny over signing five-eighth Dylan Brown on a long-term deal.

Brown has a contract with the Eels until the end of 2025.

But his deal also has an option inserted which allows him to consider offers from rivals or take up a extension which would keep him at Parramatta until the end of 2031.

The New Zealand international has struggled to cover for the injury-enforced absences of Mitchell Moses and has close ties with Arthur, who has been linked with taking charge of a prospective Perth franchise.

"He (Arthur) might go there (to Perth) with his wife, she's from there," Brown said.
"If he does that then it'd actually be really cool…After my 20-year contract ends, I might go over there.
"We signed a long contract for security reasons.

"There are clauses in there in my favour which is a positive, but I don't think anyone needs to worry about what happens.

"I guess they were put in for injury security, so touch wood (nothing happens).

"It was a good deal on my behalf. I know there have been some bad talks about it for the management of Parramatta, but (people shouldn't worry)."

Doesn’t sound like Dylan Brown is going anywhere.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
just thought id share this little bit of useless info.
speaking with a mate who's cousin is best mates with zac lomax. my mate asked how i felt bout lomax coming over. excited of course.
he proceeded to say he wanted out of dragons due to not being able to stand flanno . and if dean young got the job at the eels he would of asked for an immediate release.

supposedly cant stand both of them.

I had heard something similar (nothing about Young).... Lomax had the shits because when Flanno first came in he took Lomax aside and pretty much told him that he isn't as good as he thinks he is and that he was actually the 20th-something ranked centre in the comp, which was based off all these stats he had gathered from somewhere. Flanno then told Lomax he didn't have a guaranteed place in the team and he would have to rip in and prove he deserved to be in first grade etc etc then from there told him he would be playing wing. To be fair to Flanno it worked because he has got the best out of him but it burnt Lomax at the time.

So I don't think playing wing was ever the issue per se, it was the way that Flanno went about it. Instead of selling the positions upside it was delivered like a demotion to Lomax and the relationship hasn't really recovered.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I love the bit about the options, he's got us on the hook for 6 years if it all goes sour
He’s been in the team for nearly six years and always been a high performer. In another six years he’ll still be in his prime. The only way it’s likely to go sour is if he carries on like a deviant again, in which case no amount of player options will save him.

hindy111

Post Whore
He’s been in the team for nearly six years and always been a high performer. In another six years he’ll still be in his prime. The only way it’s likely to go sour is if he carries on like a deviant again, in which case no amount of player options will save him.

I highly rate Dylan. The thing is he was 20 and 21 when behind a good pack and better then average team.
Now like Peninsi they are playing in a busted, horrible side. Neither has reached peak either. In 2026 onwards I think many will be happy we persisted with both these two along with Blaize.

Pazza

First Grade

Or a freak injury like Simon dwyer