What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
As you already know, whinging here will achieve nothing

Show me where I was whingeing? I answered a question, that's all.

TheRam

Coach
Cody Hopwood

There's not all that much on him highlights that I could find, but he has been selected as a Australian School boy and from what little I have read about him he seems to be potential quality future player. He doesn't seem to even be signed up by the Knight at present though, so what's doing there? If he is available I definitely would be asking him if he would like to join the good ship lollypop Parramatta.

What else can you tell us about him T-Boon?

1722471639410.png

Avenger

Immortal
@Avenger I saw your comments on the TCT page. It's laughable that they should be advocating the solution they are without addressing the MON issue. I'm off them a bit.
Just because he has had a beer with BA's dad and a coffee with O'Neill he constantly avoids the elephant in the room yet risks perceived defamation and a restraint of trade by openly creating a topic that we should not deal with Isaac Moses.

He is a delusional nobody and comes across as a f**king idiot.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't see any bricks walls around here i think we all hear you loud and clear.

You, Pou & R&R committee are all on the same page with POs.

Must feel great to be part of the minority.
It's OK that you don't understand. If Blaize didn't have a PO he would have still been off contract. Nothing changes.

"Well we should have signed him last year!" doesn't work if his manager tells him to hold out.

Nether does, "well we shouldn't have played him in NRL until he signed !".

Incorrect

Coach
The Talagi decision to leave is yet another step down the road to a return to the bad old days IMO. It's not so much the calibre of player in this case as I'm not convinced Blaize is going to turn out to be the world beater many think, but it's the trend it represents. As I've said previously, there's a couple of posters here that have thumbed their nose and mocked the likes of the Dogs and the Tigers in recent years and put our club on a pedestal. Called us a "Destination Club" - lol, get f**ked. Well it's time to pay the piper. The Dogs have turned the corner, and the Tigers have attracted some decent stock for next year, we'll see what happens with them. Meanwhile, it's our turn to be the laughing stock and of the comp (again)...

And just back on Blaize - as stated above, I'm not sure if he's destined for great heights but if the rumours are true and he has signed to play 6 for the Panthers, then obviously better judges than I can see there is untapped potential there... I do not blame the kid at all for walking. He has been thrown around the backline at Parra like a Mr Fix it and unfairly thrust in to positions he's not comfortable playing. The Panthers likely came to him and said "We see you as a 6 and will play you there. You want in?". No wonder he jumped at the chance....

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There's not all that much on him highlights that I could find, but he has been selected as a Australian School boy and from what little I have read about him he seems to be potential quality future player. He doesn't seem to even be signed up by the Knight at present though, so what's doing there? If he is available I definitely would be asking him if he would like to join the good ship lollypop Parramatta.

What else can you tell us about him T-Boon?

View attachment 91844
He made Australian school boys last year at only 17. And is now playing Flegg at only 18 (19 next year) at prop, which is impressive/ good sign. Pretty big jump from SG ball to flegg as a forward at only 18 (even more so when he doesn't have islander heritage, don't mean this in a bad way, they just develop physically a lot earlier). Would happen but not super common for 18 year old forwards in flegg

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
The Talagi decision to leave is yet another step down the road to a return to the bad old days IMO. It's not so much the calibre of player in this case as I'm not convinced Blaize is going to turn out to be the world beater many think, but it's the trend it represents. As I've said previously, there's a couple of posters here that have thumbed their nose and mocked the likes of the Dogs and the Tigers in recent years and put our club on a pedestal. Called us a "Destination Club" - lol, get f**ked. Well it's time to pay the piper. The Dogs have turned the corner, and the Tigers have attracted some decent stock for next year, we'll see what happens with them. Meanwhile, it's our turn to be the laughing stock and of the comp (again)...

And just back on Blaize - as stated above, I'm not sure if he's destined for great heights but if the rumours are true and he has signed to play 6 for the Panthers, then obviously better judges than I can see there is untapped potential there... I do not blame the kid at all for walking. He has been thrown around the backline at Parra like a Mr Fix it and unfairly thrust in to positions he's not comfortable playing. The Panthers likely came to him and said "We see you as a 6 and will play you there. You want in?". No wonder he jumped at the chance....

And the chance to play with Jeff Robson version 2.0

hindy111

Post Whore
And what if we overpaid Moses and Drown? What if we lost Sanders, Talagi and Arthur because we refused to overpay? The fact is we don’t know if any deals are good or bad because we don’t know how much they’re getting paid.

The club made the right call and our culture is where we want it to be.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So basically just repeating what we have all said.
Fancy that! It’s almost like they have an incentive to keep the fans stirred up.

Parra lost Talagi?!? It must be because he had a player option! Now every PO is going to become a circus!! How will the Storm possibly keep Harry Grant ffs!!?!

hindy111

Post Whore
What we need firstly more then anything is another 2 x quality backs. Preferably fullback and centre a boom 2nd rower who can break tackles and a hooker.
Fix those 3 positions and the squads good enough to challenge again I feel.
I could live with a backline of

Gun fullback
Sivo
Simonson
Penisini
Lomax

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The club made the right call and our culture is where we want it to be.
We don’t know if they made the right or wrong call. All we know is we are having our first losing season in six years and the fans are pissed off. We sacked the scapegoat and merkins thought it would be the magic bullet. Now reality is sinking in. What’s reality? Any merkin who ever whinged about anything thinks this proves he was right all along.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Apparently you can't resign 18 19 20 year olds and develop them.

Someone better tell Penrith to stop signing up their kida long term Faalongo what are you doing aren't you reading Pous posts?
Isaiya Katoa

If they’re ready for first grade (or another club thinks they are) then they won’t hang around to play reserve grade. Use some common sense ffs