What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
RCG is about the only player that we move on that we we won't have to pay a shitload of freight for, maybe Sivo the rest will be costly.
Yes but that also tells you that he is probably the one with the best chance to regain form if in the right environment and a new voice as coach.
Here lies the problem with tapping multiple players. Inevitably you'll lose the ones you'd prefer to keep and have to keep the ones that you'd prefer to punt.

TheRam

Coach
I just listened to an interview on SEN1170 with Diana Langmack who is Paul's sister. She used to work at the Panthers and now Gould has brought her over to the dogs in the role of General Manager Stakeholder Engagement/Community.

Well if anyone wants to know why @hindy111 and I both predict that the Dogs will win a GF or even more before we do try to find this interview and listen to it. We could only dream to have such a set up at the Eels and surrounded by such capable people.

We are light years away from winning a premiership and people that think otherwise are deluding themselves.

Honestly it was so deflating listening to the interview because it just solidified even more so to me how far back we are from getting things right and finally becoming a consistent premiership contender that actually has a real chance of winning GF's again.

:(

Found it -

hindy111

Post Whore
I just listened to an interview on SEN1170 with Diana Langmack who is Paul's sister. She used to work at the Panthers and now Gould has brought her over to the dogs in the role of General Manager Stakeholder Engagement/Community.

Well if anyone wants to know why @hindy111 and I both predict that the Dogs will win a GF or even more before we do try to find this interview and listen to it. We could only dream to have such a set up at the Eels and surrounded by such capable people.

We are light years away from winning a premiership and people that think otherwise are deluding themselves.

Honestly it was so deflating listening to the interview because it just solidified even more so to me how far back we are from getting things right and finally becoming a consistent premiership contender that actually has a real chance of winning GF's again.

Found it -

Fans get one eyed at times Ram. But we at our best where the Cronulla Sharks of this season. Nobody took us seriously as a premiership threat once under potato Head. Just a good side buy making up the numbers when the big boys ramp up in the finals.
The Grand final was never a chance in 2022 unless Penrith lost a man for 70mins and even then it would of been close.
Potato Head built a safe team that would make finals ut that's all it ever was.
The Dogs started recruiting hot talent like Burton,Mahoney,Hughes,Kiraz,Crighton whilst Potato Head went balls deep for discards like Waqa, Lane,Harper.
It was plain to see yet so many where filled by the Potato Head.
It wasn't all bad. Making the finals where fun and we got close a few times when we didn't expect. But ultimately Potato Head got exposed.

Dogs are one their way

hindy111

Post Whore
RCG is about the only player that we move on that we we won't have to pay a shitload of freight for, maybe Sivo the rest will be costly.

Agree. I still think Sivo is safe under the Bigh ball and great 15mtrs out. I'd rather just keep him for the season.
LANE won't get offers of more then 250k. Jnr maybe 550k at best and Mattersons best bet is medical retirement. Nobody wants him

TheCrowe

Juniors
I agree, mate.

I'd prefer to keep RCG - when he's fit, and in form, he's a beast.

I think we are paying his salary in its entirety now, though, so financially, it would make sense to see if we can find someone who can do a similar job, at a smaller price - whether that person exists, or not, is a different issue.

But RCG is definitely a keeper, imo. I'd back Ryles to get him firing.
DSaf is one of the biggest plodders in the NRL. RCG at his worst is better then DSaf.

JokerEel

Coach

Found it -

But but but we can't pay these people to steal them from the riff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Grand final was never a chance in 2022 unless Penrith lost a man for 70mins and even then it would of been close.
This sort of thing happens. The best team has some bad luck and another club benefits. The two best teams shat themselves in 2005 and missed the grand final. Melbourne lost Cam Smith before the 2008 grand final and got belted. In 2015 the Roosters were the best team all year, but shat themselves in the preliminary final against Brisbane, who then lost to the Cowboys in the decider. The 2021 Storm lost Welch and Brandon Smith after 15 minutes of the preliminary final and Penrith won by 4 points.

If you don't have the best team you need to rely on luck. The star-studded Panthers could've had some misfortune in either of the years they knocked us out of the finals. You just need to get there and we did. Hopefully we get better luck next time. It's been three straight grand final losses since 1986. Eventually our luck will turn.

Pazza

First Grade
This sort of thing happens. The best team has some bad luck and another club benefits. The two best teams shat themselves in 2005 and missed the grand final. Melbourne lost Cam Smith before the 2008 grand final and got belted. In 2015 the Roosters were the best team all year, but shat themselves in the preliminary final against Brisbane, who then lost to the Cowboys in the decider. The 2021 Storm lost Welch and Brandon Smith after 15 minutes of the preliminary final and Penrith won by 4 points.

If you don't have the best team you need to rely on luck. The star-studded Panthers could've had some misfortune in either of the years they knocked us out of the finals. You just need to get there and we did. Hopefully we get better luck next time. It's been three straight grand final losses since 1986. Eventually our luck will turn.

of course luck plays a role. but we dont control it so is it even worth talking about?

Chipmunk

Coach
He's also the only player that if we move on, we'll have to pay for more for his replacement who can provide the same level.

Dumb move for mine unless we have a replacement sorted.

I'm keen to see our boys under some new coaching and new ideas.

As it been said previously, they're old but their not that old. New coach, contract year, I expect a huge effort from someone them.
IF nothing else, we might see a debut by Dick Penisini. Would make it all worthwhile.