What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

What does it say about Nathan Browns report into the junior pathways ? Because that is what we are talking about here.
The report, as I understand, it criticized local clubs with juniors from 14s and above that had fathers of players coaching sides.

This meant that quality players were not being played regularly in the competition and hence restricting their development and escalation to junior representatives.

I believe the remediation for the report was that all sides under 13 or 14s and above should not have parents in the coaching or managerial section of a side.

Indeed it should be that A grade or C grade players for the club should take on the responsibilities to coach sides from under 14 and up. And that the club would organize for those players to undergo coaching training.

Noise

Coach
The report, as I understand, it criticized local clubs with juniors from 14s and above that had fathers of players coaching sides.

This meant that quality players were not being played regularly in the competition and hence restricting their development and escalation to junior representatives.

I believe the remediation for the report was that all sides under 13 or 14s and above should not have parents in the coaching or managerial section of a side.

Indeed it should be that A grade or C grade players for the club should take on the responsibilities to coach sides from under 14 and up. And that the club would organize for those players to undergo coaching training.
Agreed. I know a bloke that coached his son in the Junior competition and did just that…..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

thanks Mark, that rings a bell

shame though, because some wanted it (nepotism) to be about BA

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Which doesn't just happen in the Parramatta comp/district. WouId guarantee the same judgement wouId be made in every single comp between Newcastle/Illawarra and the Sydney region.....fathers coaching sides and playing favourites to their kids at the expense of better players.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
What does it say about Nathan Browns report into the junior pathways ? Because that is what we are talking about here.

he said, our pathways program isn't run properly so give me the job to run it, he was then given the job and hired Jamie Shephard to assist him then decided to leave after a year in the role so they handed Shephard full responsability.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
One thing forgot about this BA, MA, nepotism chat...MA was never selected in the eels Matt's squad when he was 16.

He had to wait until he was 17. Most rated juniors are picked at 16 (when the ages changed during covid). While I never watched MA played at 16, considering his progress 3 years later, you would assume he was good enough at 16 to play Matt's....but for what ever reason wasn't selected.

Wanted to Clarify, A Grade or C Grade players from the Junior club and the club (Parramatta Junior Rugby League) would organise and pick up the tab for the coaching training.

Gherkin

Juniors

Sounds good in theory but it's hard enough to get people to coach junior footy. A grade players would have full time jobs, their own training and games and maybe kids of their own.

Pazza

First Grade
One thing forgot about this BA, MA, nepotism chat...MA was never selected in the eels Matt's squad when he was 16.

He had to wait until he was 17. Most rated juniors are picked at 16 (when the ages changed during covid). While I never watched MA played at 16, considering his progress 3 years later, you would assume he was good enough at 16 to play Matt's....but for what ever reason wasn't selected.

poor MA was probably as physically developed as a 10 year old

thanks Mark, that rings a bell

shame though, because some wanted it (nepotism) to be about BA

I don't doubt that the report was used that way, and without strickly releasing the report it can play in the media that way.

he said, our pathways program isn't run properly so give me the job to run it, he was then given the job and hired Jamie Shephard to assist him then decided to leave after a year in the role so they handed Shephard full responsability.

and yes it saw the removal of long term club stalwart and some would say BA supporter Joey Grima from the club.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Which doesn't just happen in the Parramatta comp/district. WouId guarantee the same judgement wouId be made in every single comp between Newcastle/Illawarra and the Sydney region.....fathers coaching sides and playing favourites to their kids at the expense of better players.....
Yeah it happens everywhere in all junior sports.

Cricket, League, Soccer, Netball nepotism and politics is rife in a lot of sections of junior sport.

I could throw in Oztag as well growing up when it came to rep try-outs the president of the club son's got automatically picked in it when they weren't much chop.

Both of the president's sons were like a Morgan Harper couldn't tag & were could be run-down after 10m in space.

Just didn't think it would ever reach to the point of it getting into a professional first grade sporting side.

Sounds good in theory but it's hard enough to get people to coach junior footy. A grade players would have full time jobs, their own training and games and maybe kids of their own.

Sure but you are talking about maybe 15 blokes from those sides (1 Coach, 1 Trainer, 1 Manager) also could be players that have just finished up from A or C grade that want to stay in the game. You would also think it would be good for them to do the juniors training nights on the same nights and venue as A or C Grade.

Nope i would say Ryan Matterson taking a 3 game ban instead of a fine after the 2022 Grand Final was the beginning of the end for BA.

Starting 0/3 the following year meant missing the finals which snowballed into his sacking this year.
I am sorry but that is such a cop out.

The reason we lost the game against the Storm was Nelson being 4 metres offside and getting in Mitch's way for the Drop Goal.

The reason we lost the game against the sharks was Gutho being sent for a 15 minute spell for a head knock and Mitch's Goal kicking.

The reason we lost the game against the Sea Eagles was Mitch's Goal Kicking.

Latest posts