What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Colonel

Immortal
I can tell you for a fact that someone formerly at Parra told one of my friend’s that his son did not stand a chance to play at hooker whilst Matt Arthur was here. So he left and is starring at another rival club.
The three hookers that left last year were;

Nicolas Lenaz - Manly Flegg captain and played mostly at lock....

Jacob Davis also hasn't found his way out of Flegg at the Knights

Zaidas Muagututia has played between Flegg and RMC

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The question remains, did we put our eggs in the Rhino basket for back-up level players such as Jake, Russell and Loizou, when we could have looked further afield? Perhaps our outside backs situation might not be so dire.
I don’t think so. We have also used Dunster, Lumelume, Miller-Stephen, Perham and Oldfield as backups in recent years, and that’s just in the outside backs. Arthur and Russell are just fine as backups. Loizou has been a dud but he performs well in reserve grade when he can get on the field.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Merkins whinging about nepotism need to read this article:

Merkins want to work with other merkins they trust. It's not nepotism, it's human nature.

I think maybe working with people you trust is a different kind of nepotism to clearing the path for your own children to play FG, and arranging for anyone who disagrees (or does a pathways overview that suggests nepotism) to be moved on.

I'm not suggesting that sort of thing ever happened. I'm just saying those are different kinds/ levels/ degrees/ whatevers of nepotism. I suppose they would be viewed differently - especially if they ever happened!

oldmancraigy

Coach
he said, our pathways program isn't run properly so give me the job to run it, he was then given the job and hired Jamie Shephard to assist him then decided to leave after a year in the role so they handed Shephard full responsability.

And then he came back as soon as a new head coach asked him to.

Not in the same role mind you, so highly unlikely the actual head coach had anything to do with it.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Or Lane's Broken Jaw in the trial.

Or Joey Lusick's denfese in the last 4 games of the year.

Or Mitch having his cheek broken against the Broncos

Or Dylbags getting handsy

I think, if seeking any kind of single causality event for last year, that was the one. We had a shocking start, recovered, and were solidly established in the top 8, with a run towards a top 4 finish looming - and sir hands-a-lot happens.
Rocks the club, and the results speak for themselves.

Of course, one event shouldn't be singled out above all others.

Latest posts