What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Pazza

First Grade
I hope the Tigers do rise and Dragons make 8. It's good for rugby league.
And as much as I hate the Dogs I actually don't mind them doing well. It's good for the game and if you look at their roster and someone's asked if you'd swap their whole squad for ours I'd probably say NO WAY.
It's attitude

Being my 2nd team I've enjoyed watching the Panthers win it. They may get a 4 peat.
But f**k me do we really want them getting 4 or 5 titles over say 8yrs? It isn't good for the game. You need different teams winning it or it's gets boring.

It's not boring when you follow multiple teams and jump on bandwagons

Johnny88

Juniors
Mitch-information
Mitchell Moses a target for the Roosters? That was the case about eight years ago, but not any more.
Moses met with coach Trent Robinson and was offered $600,000 a year to join the Tricolours. Moses turned it down, and without knowing it, he did his dash with the club forever.
Fast-forward to today and the Roosters are wondering why they are being linked to Moses. Moses is now in the conversation as the best halfback in the game. His State of Origin series was better than any other Blues half since Andrew Johns 20 years ago.
The Roosters say they are not interested in signing Mitchell Moses.
The Roosters say they are not interested in signing Mitchell Moses.Credit:Getty Images
However, Roosters chairman Nick Politis has already put a line through Moses’ name.
Firstly, because the club sees Sam Walker as its long-term No.7. Secondly, because he has vowed to never again deal with Moses’ agent, Isaac Moses. And then there was that rejection all those years back.
Mitchell Moses is unhappy with Eels management but, as it stands, he has been in positive discussions with incoming coach Jason Ryles.
The loss of Moses would be a hammer blow for the Eels after young gun Blaize Talagi knocked them back to join Penrith.
And there may be more pain to come, as Isaac Moses – who manages Talagi – also has a significant number of Parramatta’s best juniors on his books as well.

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s already the same teams over and over. If it’s not the Panthers this year it’ll be Melbourne or Roosters. No other team has won a comp since 2016. Something’s not right.

Yeah agree it's suss when you can sign extremely high talented juniors to 3-4yr extensions who have their pathways blocked by origin calibre players who aren't even 30yr olds.
Look at Fa'alogo. He'd get the fullback spot and 750k at 1/2 a dozen clubs. Why is he happy to be 18th man at the Storm?

TheRam

Coach
im not saying every player in the top squads are stars but to state that not having a complete top 30 isnt a big deal is just flat wrong. in round 19 we had two RMC and three flegg eligible players in our best available 17. The flegg boys have talent but guymer is prob the only one FG ready. the RMC players are the definition of tail of the bell curve.

now obvioulsly injury to moses, hopgood, Paulo, Sivo etc has really hammered this season but the depth behind them is just not up to standard. To act like players 25 - 30 on the roster dont matter, i just dont agree with that.

Agreed.

To put it simply for even the most dumb dumb statisticians among us, if players are not good enough or ready to be put into the top 30 and then a club is forced through injuries to elevate them into the top 30 or worse still into their top 17 team, then you are promoting inferior personnel in to shore up your deficiencies in the top 30 ffs!

As opposed to starting off the season with a top 30 of players who are all top 30 ready and capable.

Where're not trying to solve the mysteries of the universe here pou. It's freakin simples. I think you are looking at your bell curve and all you see is a straight fu*king line you silly potato pot!

Why are you so OCD and have you seen anyone for dat?

Oh and pou my questions to you are rhetorical and I will not engage in your meaningless nonsensical(but orgasmic for you) dribble posts to them. This is just my way or releasing my frustration that I had to scroll through so many countless mind numbingly boring but useless posts the last few days. You are the toilet of this site and I just felt the need to flush some stink away.

Ah now that's better. I can smell some fresh air again. Freakin Wonderful, the gardenias are in bloom again! I feel like a song is ready to burst from my lips...

The hill are alive with the sound of music.
With the songs they have sung....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think it says a lot about the state of the player market. Not much player talent out there, that's what makes this Talagi situation even wouse.
It means the bidding war drove his price up. In any case we can’t fit him into the team at his preferred position so he represented more risk for us than a club with a vacancy at 6.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe this was mentioned in here in the past, but SMH reporting a number of Melbourne players were offered shares in a betting company partly owned by Storm chairman Matt Trip, and also news limited. That company has since merged with another betting company.
Whole deal was approved by the NRL.
Tigers are questioning if something similar happened with Utoikamanu.
I can’t see how that sort of opportunity and deal is within the spirit of a salary cap evening out player talent.
Hard to compete against that.
It’s a resource.

TheRam

Coach
I hope the Tigers do rise and Dragons make 8. It's good for rugby league.
And as much as I hate the Dogs I actually don't mind them doing well. It's good for the game and if you look at their roster and someone's asked if you'd swap their whole squad for ours I'd probably say NO WAY.
It's attitude

Being my 2nd team I've enjoyed watching the Panthers win it. They may get a 4 peat.
But f**k me do we really want them getting 4 or 5 titles over say 8yrs? It isn't good for the game. You need different teams winning it or it's gets boring.

These last 2 seasons I have really tuned out from watching most games the way I used to. It's a combination of a few things, but mostly due to our pathetic team performances, Panthers being the best team by a country mile and the standard of all the other teams is pretty bad really. The Panthers are a well drilled team but playing in a pretty weak comp by previous standards.

I know we are seeing a lot of spectacular moments and some great games mixed in, but that is more due to the fitness and athleticism of the players having greatly improved over the years as opposed to the real pure footballer style of player. For example the standard of the halves in particular is so poor that teams are constantly yoyoing up and down and can't play consistently well. Add to it that the hierarchy is trying to remove all the brutality from it and the coaches paranoial obsession in not allowing the players to fuel the opposition with any trash talk and they are slowly taking away the emotional feeling and passion from the game.

I like to see players launch themselves into tackles like the old days and display real feeling out there that it really means something to them. Cos then it will mean something to me too and I will tune in. Right now there are to many games that don't have that emotional feeling to them. They are more like robots. Look at our player Lane. Since he has started to reduce his peak and low emotional state to a more balanced middle approach and be less worried about the outcome of the game and focus more on the 'process', his game has dropped off a cliff. Not every player can be as calm and cool like a Cam Smith. Players need to be more themselves and let their feelings drive them not control them. But I suppose it is more difficult for coaches to assess what each and every individual needs to get the best out of them and then work on that so they blanket rule them to just say nothing and play to the process.

Sport is all about emotion for both an athlete and the fan. I'm not talking about uncontrolled emotion where you just come out and make a goose of yourself, but emotion still needs to be a significant part of their performance. Otherwise what's the point? Humans are emotional and that is what drives us no matter what anyone says. I don't know if I have explained this all that well, but I hope you all get what I'm trying to say here.

Anyway. Love and peace to all, even to you pou, even to you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Team running first signs the team running last best forward, the cap is working a treat. he 3 time premiers just signed the team thats running last best junior.

The NRL don't know or want to know the rorting thats going on, and we still got caught cheating lolz.
So did the Storm. Then they stopped cheating and went on to win three premierships. Makes you wonder why they bothered cheating in the first place.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agreed.

To put it simply for even the most dumb dumb statisticians among us, if players are not good enough or ready to be put into the top 30 and then a club is forced through injuries to elevate them into the top 30 or worse still into their top 17 team, then you are promoting inferior personnel in to shore up your deficiencies in the top 30 ffs!

As opposed to starting off the season with a top 30 of players who are all top 30 ready and capable.

Where're not trying to solve the mysteries of the universe here pou. It's freakin simples. I think you are looking at your bell curve and all you see is a straight fu*king line you silly potato pot!

Why are you so OCD and have you seen anyone for dat?

Oh and pou my questions to you are rhetorical and I will not engage in your meaningless nonsensical(but orgasmic for you) dribble posts to them. This is just my way or releasing my frustration that I had to scroll through so many countless mind numbingly boring but useless posts the last few days. You are the toilet of this site and I just felt the need to flush some stink away.

Ah now that's better. I can smell some fresh air again. Freakin Wonderful, the gardenias are in bloom again! I feel like a song is ready to burst from my lips...

The hill are alive with the sound of music.
With the songs they have sung....
There aren’t enough top 30 calibre players in the game for teams to have more than about 20-25 of them. This means every team has 5-10 park footballers in the top 30. The only way to avoid it is to have fewer than 30 players in your top 30, like we have.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
These last 2 seasons I have really tuned out from watching most games the way I used to. It's a combination of a few things, but mostly due to our pathetic team performances, Panthers being the best team by a country mile and the standard of all the other teams is pretty bad really. The Panthers are a well drilled team but playing in a pretty weak comp by previous standards.

I know we are seeing a lot of spectacular moments and some great games mixed in, but that is more due to the fitness and athleticism of the players having greatly improved over the years as opposed to the real pure footballer style of player. For example the standard of the halves in particular is so poor that teams are constantly yoyoing up and down and can't play consistently well. Add to it that the hierarchy is trying to remove all the brutality from it and the coaches paranoial obsession in not allowing the players to fuel the opposition with any trash talk and they are slowly taking away the emotional feeling and passion from the game.

I like to see players launch themselves into tackles like the old days and display real feeling out there that it really means something to them. Cos then it will mean something to me too and I will tune in. Right now there are to many games that don't have that emotional feeling to them. They are more like robots. Look at our player Lane. Since he has started to reduce his peak and low emotional state to a more balanced middle approach and be less worried about the outcome of the game and focus more on the 'process', his game has dropped off a cliff. Not every player can be as calm and cool like a Cam Smith. Players need to be more themselves and let their feelings drive them not control them. But I suppose it is more difficult for coaches to assess what each and every individual needs to get the best out of them and then work on that so they blanket rule them to just say nothing and play to the process.

Sport is all about emotion for both an athlete and the fan. I'm not talking about uncontrolled emotion where you just come out and make a goose of yourself, but emotion still needs to be a significant part of their performance. Otherwise what's the point? Humans are emotional and that is what drives us no matter what anyone says. I don't know if I have explained this all that well, but I hope you all get what I'm trying to say here.

Anyway. Love and peace to all, even to you pou, even to you.
Sounds like you have been inspired by the Olympic breakdancing.

King-Gutho94

Coach
And yet the AFL has one?
Different sports and pathways I doubt the NRL will ever have a draft the whole junior rugby league system across the country would have to be revamped.

Afl clubs though don't spend in junior development.

I assume it's more private school and then whatever poshed up local side that plays in the metro comps is where the talent goes in u18s

If a draft comes in the NRL would have to basically take control of pathways because the clubs won't bother if there just developing for a draft that other clubs get first access too.