What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

EppingEel

Juniors
All this talk about adding depth to our wings/centres somewhat confuses me, as I feel like we need more depth at fullback. As much as I love Gutho, he's clearly not a long-term fullback, and we have absolutely no depth in the position (besides Cini, who should be playing in Ron Massey). I personally love Apa Twidle, but unfortunately, his frame means that its going to take a while for him to physically prepare for FG. Although, I'm not too sure if there's any decent fullbacks available on the market atm.

Delboy

First Grade
Speaking of speed, Ethyn Martin is rapid in terms of acceleration (would geniunely put him in the same sort of category as Reece Walsh). Haven't seen him in clear air too much so can't speak on top speed.
Watched him several times, very quick but a smaller frame that even Reece Walsh and looks like he needs a bit more strength to play NRL, Needs time to add muscle rather than just weight and maybe play more than a couple of Cup games.

hindy111

Post Whore
I figured Lomax would stop us signing Simonsson. My guess (assessment) is that the ACL has pushed Simonsson down into a lesser squad status and pay bracket. He will battle Russell for the fourth outside back spot.

We may of been 650k (Lomax money) under this year and front loaded which saves even more next year plus compensation for Moses I injury during origin??

Tiger5150

Bench
So they may have
1 Bula
2 Turuva
3 Douehi
4 Toa/ Faataape/ Olam
5 Skelton
6 Galvin
7 Luai

Skelton may play centre as well...
Pretty handy backline.
Skelton is a great pickup.
We should chase Blake Wilson...very good player.
I don't think Staines would be a bad pickup either.
We need to have competition for spots.
Simonsson may take well into next yr to regain his speed which leaves us with Russell, Dunster, Martin, Tago, maybe Sivo...not really getting that excited.
I'm sure Lomax isn't coming to play wing.
If penisini is to stay right centre then only way see this happening is Lomax fullback and Guth left centre.
Let's hope there are a few pleasant surprises to come
I think Turuva will play centre and Luke Laulilli will take that wing spot.

oldmancraigy

Coach
What was he on. 300k? I'd assume around that. I'd suggest he wouldn't of taken less then 200-250k. Before his injury he probably get 300-350k.

No idea!

I just doubt he signed for more than he was previously on. I would guess 250-350 range.

Most of these middle of the squad guys don't get as much as we might think. The big bucks go to the top 10 (eg 600k avg or $6M total), then the next 10 would probably average 350k (3.5M), leaving 200k avg for the bottom 10 (eg 5 on 140 and 5 on 260)

Gronk

Staff member
Speaking of speed, Ethyn Martin is rapid in terms of acceleration (would geniunely put him in the same sort of category as Reece Walsh). Haven't seen him in clear air too much so can't speak on top speed.
Watched him several times, very quick but a smaller frame that even Reece Walsh and looks like he needs a bit more strength to play NRL, Needs time to add muscle rather than just weight and maybe play more than a couple of Cup games.
He's a bit of an arm grabber too. Potential is there but.

84 Baby

Referee
We may of been 650k (Lomax money) under this year and front loaded which saves even more next year plus compensation for Moses I injury during origin??
I reckon that’s a distinct possibility.
It raises the question was it planned? Have we sold this season to try to boost next year/later?
If that’s the case I reckon it’s still a year too late

He's a bit of an arm grabber too. Potential is there but.

First time I saw him was last year after the SG Ball grand final. I turned up to the Flegg game as there was bound to be some players coming up.

Ethyn was on the wing and first time he got the ball, HE RAN OVER A BLOKE. and then went another 30m to score.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Just saw the Parra Plodcast reckon Sivo is about to sign a 3 year deal in Pommyland with Leigh, hey they are due to get one right aren't they???
The Parra Plodcast were not just talking but actually "rubbing shoulders" with Sarantinos on Friday night in the field club so they must know everything now.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Completely different types of players. Tupou has a lot of potential but never realised it. Tupou also has shocking hands. Skelton will be much better for starting sets. Skelton is also costing us one third of what Tupou costs us let alone what Dolphins are paying
Did Tupou have Nofaluma as a mentor no wonder he had shocking hands.