What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

oldmancraigy

Coach
And there were supposed respected posters on here at the time that dismissed Cleal leaving as not being a big deal and that he just had a scatter gun approach to recruitment and wasn't as good as all the hype. I argued that they were wrong and that he would be a great loss.

Guess time shows us all(except they won't admit it of course) who knows their footy and who doesn't, even though you would think that some of these lame turkey posters, with their connections and all within the club should have known better.

As the old saying goes, can't see the forest from the trees.

Not bad Rammy! You got one thing right in 30 years of posting here!!!

(I'm kidding!!)

oldmancraigy

Coach
Crusher leaving was a huge issue, not only did it set back recruitment as he left in the middle of the season, we lost Lyon over it as well.

All over "Allegedly" Crusher using the Eels corporate credit card to by a Larger TV for his house where he hosted the JETS program. He had that card because he would use it for the regular (thrice weekly) shopping trips to keep the house stockpiled.

I think Paul Osbourne borrowed that card a few years later.... except he didn't have any of the juniors living at his house....

It's ok. Justin Poore loaned him 5k to pay for the training gear anyway....

hindy111

Post Whore
Underwhelming signing.

Don't mind him as a player but a three year deal off the back of another ACL injury seems like we will be paying to move him on in 18 months.....

Pros - He is NRL standard (average)
- Doubt he costs more then 200-250k
- Plenty of players come back from ACL
- He won't block a player if a better option comes along. He would be one of the best back up backs around.
- His attitude is 100%

Cons - Doesn't improve the side a whole lot.
- Just isn't that good.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hopefully one depth winger.

I reckon he is good enough if he is your worse back in the 1-5. And if had 2 x studs(Lomax) and 2 x average ( Guth /Will then he is fine if we signed at Kotoni Staggs for example. But if we dont get another top shelf back then you kind of want two guys at Min Will's level.
Unfortunately Gutherson was top shelf. Just isn't now. He is a bigger problem then Simmo

hindy111

Post Whore
You just got to hope the ACL was factored into his price tag and then hope he can get back to what he was within 3 years.
Funnily enough this could really do with an option in that 3rd year

I feel like people are thinking of Haze who had one of the worse knee injuries you could have. Plenty of players have done ACLs and are back to their best after 4 or 5 weeks of playing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you look back you will see I was commenting on it from the time I joined whenever it was being discussed and there were posters(probably you being one of them) that didn't think he was much chop as a scout.
Just like Jamie Lyon as a player, nobody thought Cleal wasn’t instrumental to our recruitment success. They just hated him after he left, just like Lyon.

Latest posts