What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Michael Chammas reporting on 100% footy that this will be RCGs last season at Parramatta. Sad if true. He’s been one of our best during that entire time
RCG will go down as probably one of our most dominant front rowers at club level in my time of watching since 1999.

He may not have played 200+ games for the joint like a few of the front rowers since then but his Quality & impact was as good as any of those that were here for a decade plus.

Freddy Mercury will always be a Parra great imo.

Even after NSW treated him like piece of shit numerous times over the years and it cost them a couple of series probably made me love him even more as he never took a backward step when he put on the Parra jumper.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree his defence has fallen off a cliff this season. The modern game doesn’t allow you to have two big boppers in so much coin.

The cap is badly out of whack and the easiest to rid of is Reg Sadly.
I totally get that we need to free up cash and hard decisions need to be made BUT Reg only had 2025 to go on his contract and we'll miss him next year.

You don't need to go far back to the days when our forwards were total pillows and we couldn't bend the line whatsoever.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I totally get that we need to free up cash and hard decisions need to be made BUT Reg only had 2025 to go on his contract and we'll miss him next year.

You don't need to go far back to the days when our forwards were total pillows and we couldn't bend the line whatsoever.
That’s the reason he’s easiest to get rid of, plus we probably won’t have to tip any cash.

it will be sad to see him go but the others we have given permission to leave will probably cost us a pretty Penny. I’m keen to see what JR can do with them.

King-Gutho94

Coach
That’s the reason he’s easiest to get rid of, plus we probably won’t have to tip any cash.

it will be sad to see him go but the others we have given permission to leave will probably cost us a pretty Penny. I’m keen to see what JR can do with them.
Yep at the end of the day RCG is 32 next year.

I think we got great value out of him.

The fact we probably wont have to chip in a cent is a bonus really.

What it does mean is Ryles is really going to have to flog Junior Paulo & Wiremu Greig into shape over the off-season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah I'm not sure if there's too much lemon left to squeeze in Reg, we should strike while the irons hot there.

there's a few half decent middles out there we can nab at a fraction of the cost.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep at the end of the day RCG is 32 next year.

I think we got great value out of him.

The fact we probably wont have to chip in a cent is a bonus really.

What it does mean is Ryles is really going to have to flog Junior Paulo & Wiremu Greig into shape over the off-season.
I think the Emu ship has sailed. Whilst others will say that his plateau is poor coaching, the guy has to take some personal responsibility on his own (aerobic) fitness. "Extras" is not upsizing at the drive-through merkin.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
RCG has been great for us, but can see the reasoning behind it and him instead of Paulo. Apart from freeing up cash letting RCG go early, Paulo offers something different in attack.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Think Paulo, can turn it around. Yeah he wasnt his best this year, but don't think he was horrible either. Probably needs to focus on run first (but that comes down to our playing style).

Yeah Grieg has been poor.

I don't mind a middle rotation of Paulo, Offa, Hopgood, Matterson, Guymer and Keir. Think it's more lightweight and better defensively. Obviously Guymer is young so lots of improvement.

But I reckon Keir is going pretty good so far too. Attack is far from perfect, but is pretty good defensively. Reminds me of that storm type forward they always seem to get, older type, not highly rated, but important part of the pack for his work rate.

If Moretti can improve his fitness, he is a chance.

84 Baby

Referee
I think the Emu ship has sailed. Whilst others will say that his plateau is poor coaching, the guy has to take some personal responsibility on his own (aerobic) fitness. "Extras" is not upsizing at the drive-through merkin.
I said it years ago (and everyone laughed at me) that Greig’s best spot in team was as 10-15 min high energy impact to spell RCG/Junior who back then could perform pretty well over 60-70 minutes. Being too kind to Greig by trying to make him into a starting prop has done him a disservice. I don’t think we’ll ever see him regularly in NRL I.e. at best he’ll be min wager. Where giving him that role may have given him opportunity to land a decent contract before possibly being found out.