What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree Hayne was a better player, but Moses’ kicking game is harder to replace than Hayne’s running game.

People are forgetting what he could do.
I remember in 2010 at Penrith Park it was 24 - 0 then Hayne went bang and we where up in a matter of no time.
X factor is rare and hard towing a comp without it.
Fogarty has a fine long kick game for a cheaper.

Eelementary

Post Whore
People are forgetting what he could do.
I remember in 2010 at Penrith Park it was 24 - 0 then Hayne went bang and we where up in a matter of no time.
X factor is rare and hard towing a comp without it.
Fogarty has a fine long kick game for a cheaper.

I remember that field goal he kicked from the sideline against Brisbane - he kicked it like he was in a training run.

Freak of a player, Hayne.

Gronk

Staff member
I remember that field goal he kicked from the sideline against Brisbane - he kicked it like he was in a training run.

Freak of a player, Hayne.
He was absolutely a gifted player. However merkins who are discounting the importance of having a great 7 in your side, do so at their own peril.

I think also there are many players who have come and gone who are gifted and for their own reasons they have failed to reach that elite GOAT level by producing consistent performances. Tom Turbo, Ben Barba, Latrell Mitchell, Jarryd Hayne, even Tim Smith and others could have absolutely reached GOAT level. Instead, their own demons, being injury or mental fragility, marred their careers.

Maybe Hayne could have matured and reached that level if he didn’t pack up and go to 49ers at age 25 ?

King-Gutho94

Coach
He was absolutely a gifted player. However merkins who are discounting the importance of having a great 7 in your side, do so at their own peril.

I think also there are many players who have come and gone who are gifted and for their own reasons they have failed to reach that elite GOAT level by producing consistent performances. Tom Turbo, Ben Barba, Latrell Mitchell, Jarryd Hayne, even Tim Smith and others could have absolutely reached GOAT level. Instead, their own demons, being injury or mental fragility, marred their careers.

Maybe Hayne could have matured and reached that level if he didn’t pack up and go to 49ers at age 25 ?
Hayne was a victim of his own success in 2009.

He had an Ego similar to Latrell Mitchell has now & wasn't pulled up enough as a youngster so once they become the big dog its almost impossible for them to be reigned in.

There was also a lot instability of board level at the time during his career span,

You talk about number 7s - Hayne had to play with between 2009-2014 - Brett Finch, Kris Keating, Jeff Robson, Daniel Mortimer, Casey McGuire, Chris Sandow, Luke Kelly were talking average number 7s right there.

I don't think Billy Slater could have done much with that lot.

I would love to wind back time and Parra offered 550k on Adam Reynolds instead of Chris Sandow then Hayne wouldn't have had a 3 year period wasted on a halfback who went missing as much the Hayne Plane if not more.

If anything we would have got Adam Reynolds for a lot cheaper then Sandow as he was sitting behind him and was coming off an ACL after the 2010 Toyota Cup GF and missed most if not all of 2011.

Souths never made the finals under Sandow then went on under Reynolds to make 3 Prelims, a Premiership all in his first 3 seasons as a halfback.

King-Gutho94

Coach
My eyes perked up when i saw Jess Fox reading the sport news for the Today show this morning.

And then i got even more excited when she started talking about how Adam O'Brien has clauses in his contract that makes the last 2 years of his contract null and void if the Knights finish 13th or lower this year was music to my ears which is a much live possibility right now.

Imagine if knights lose there last 3 games & Bush Coach 2.0 loses his job before there star new recruit comes on board.

That would be hilarious.

Gronk

Staff member
Hayne was a victim of his own success in 2009.

He had an Ego similar to Latrell Mitchell has now & wasn't pulled up enough as a youngster so once they become the big dog its almost impossible for them to be reigned in.

There was also a lot instability of board level at the time during his career span,

You talk about number 7s - Hayne had to play with between 2009-2014 - Brett Finch, Kris Keating, Jeff Robson, Daniel Mortimer, Casey McGuire, Chris Sandow, Luke Kelly were talking average number 7s right there.

I don't think Billy Slater could have done much with that lot.

I would love to wind back time and Parra offered 550k on Adam Reynolds instead of Chris Sandow then Hayne wouldn't have had a 3 year period wasted on a halfback who went missing as much the Hayne Plane if not more.

If anything we would have got Adam Reynolds for a lot cheaper then Sandow as he was sitting behind him and was coming off an ACL after the 2010 Toyota Cup GF and missed most if not all of 2011.

Souths never made the finals under Sandow then went on under Reynolds to make 3 Prelims, a Premiership all in his first 3 seasons as a halfback.
The OP was contemplating if he would prefer Hayne or Moses in his 2024 side.

Yes Hayne woukd have been better if he had a better team around him. He also would have been better if he got fit ir applied himself 100% in the match.

Likewise Moses would be better surrounded by a team of rep players.

But back to the premise, I would take Moses that we know over Hayne who we saw any day.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
My eyes perked up when i saw Jess Fox reading the sport news for the Today show this morning.

And then i got even more excited when she started talking about how Adam O'Brien has clauses in his contract that makes the last 2 years of his contract null and void if the Knights finish 13th or lower this year was music to my ears which is a much live possibility right now.

Imagine if knights lose there last 3 games & Bush Coach 2.0 loses his job before there star new recruit comes on board.

That would be hilarious.
Who do you reckon they would replace AOB with? A former coach who has a house at Bateau Bay perhaps?

Latest posts