What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

EppingEel

Juniors
Any suggestions for places to eat lunch near Commbank? Going to the game this weekend, and want to get something to eat during the NRLW game.

Avenger

Immortal
I have been working for 35 plus years now and I have learnt a few things in that time. particularly when a person or persons leave on not so amicable a footing and that is there are three sides to a story. Theirs, yours and the truth and very rarely is anyone not the hero in their own story.
What annoys me is that he made out that he owes us everything for the opportunity but has since bagged the club all be it in a private setting to a well known podcaster.

He easily has the most mediocre results of any coach in a decade long period in world sport and left the club in a worse state than when he arrived.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Any suggestions for places to eat lunch near Commbank? Going to the game this weekend, and want to get something to eat during the NRLW game.
El Jannah is inside the stadium.

I recommend that personally.

If your after a pub meal well the Oak is better then the dump they call the Rose"n"Crown now.

But the oak gets packed before the game.

Leagues Club & Club Parramatta are typical club bistro menus.

They do have food outlet vans outside the ground near O'Connell street buts its only like Chips on a stick and maybe Mr Whippy.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well, I don't recall anyone bagging BA either, except for social media posts ......definitely nothing in media....it's all rumours....but there has always been talk about Bennett and those who had issues with him:

Lockyer https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...d/news-story/227cabf011f5d452a46054c28ae28ef7

Mal

Tallis

Wally

anyhow my point, NRL coaches will always end up with players/staff who had issues with him, it's the business. BA is no different.
Fui Fui's book wasn't kind on BA.

Fui was more complementary on Ricky then BA which is saying something considering 2013 was a shithole of a season.

Stevie

Bench
If we sign Wilson, there is no guarantee that he will start for us right? I think our backline will end up looking like:
1. Iongi
2. Lomax
3. Penisini
4. Gutho
5. Simonssen

With Russell and Wilson as backups.
Wilson won’t be a backup he is class. Simonsen won’t start the season he is coming back from an ACL.

Rarrly do you have everyone fit and available anyway or so it seems.

Not too sure if it's the same setup at the bigger venues, but at our nrlw game on the weekend the bunker was just a little van in the carpark that she was making the calls from
Correct I saw her walking in and out of the venue.

She was limping but I swear it was nothing to do with me

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What annoys me is that he made out that he owes us everything for the opportunity but has since bagged the club all be it in a private setting to a well known podcaster.

He easily has the most mediocre results of any coach in a decade long period in world sport and left the club in a worse state than when he arrived.
He poisoned the well on his way out, after the club setting him and his family up for life.

Some of the stuff that is coming out about him now says to me he’s anything but a great bloke. Plus the media think he’s aces, that says to me he’s not.

He loves the club and bleeds blue and gold, more like he loved what the club could do for him and his family. Leeds is not far away enough from the club as far as I’m concerned.